UFC 181 Anticipation/Discussion Thread (Dec. 6th 2014)

Started by JXY, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. tomroe93

Dec 7, 2014
    I had 48-47 Hendricks. Disappointed in the result, but overall a good show

Clive likes this.
    Clive likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Dec 7, 2014
    I had Hendricks taking the first 3 rounds. Definitely 2 and 3 anyways, and round 5 was clearly all Robbie. First and fourth rounds were both super close though, and i can see how they were given to Robbie. I had Hendricks, but it was real close. Also despite how close the fight was im against an immediate 3rd fight, because it will honestly play out very similarly. Not that it wasnt a good fight but i could see them talking about a fourth fight afterwards and at some point i think you gotta draw a line. Lets see Lawler vs MacDonald II.

Lot of big fights happening at WW with Lombard/Burkman, Brown/Saffiedine and Woodley/Gastelum. Hendricks could fight the winner of one of those fights, he could fight Maia or even rematch Story and erase that loss from a few years back. As for whats next for Pettis, a lot of talk about Khabib who probably deserves the fight but if Diaz looks against RDA then i could see the UFC going with that next. Melendez next fight imo should be RDA if he loses to Nate or a fourth fight with Thomson.

Next for Travis Browne should either be Rothwell or Arlovski, hes fought most of the other ranked guys and the ones he hasnt like Hunt and Roy are coming off losses. Schaub maybe fights loser of Reem/Struve next week. Duffee came back and did what he always does and won real quick, next for him should be Oliynyk who had that great KO of Rosholt last week(see below).

And for the last fight of the PPV i think Ferguson should fight Masvidal or Lauzon/Iaquinta winner. I know he wants a top 10 guy but i dont see him getting one quite yet.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. Clive

Clive Mind Over Matter And Soul Before Flesh

Dec 7, 2014
    Just rewatched the fight. It's closer than I thought mainly due to round 4 and 5. Johny would take Robbie down, but he kind of just went autopilot and pressed his weight on Robbie. Robbie was way more active in pounding on him. As well Robbie stole the last few seconds of the 4th by hammering on Johny on the ground. The 5th round very similar and that barrage at the end obviously stuck in the judges heads.

I retract my score of 49-46 Hendricks to 48-47 Hendricks. Round 1-3 = Hendricks, 4 & 5 = Lawler.

tomroe93 likes this.
    tomroe93 likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Dec 10, 2014
    How did everyone do on the picks last week?

[​IMG]

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  5. Keigan

Keigan Don't Get Eliminated!!

Dec 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024