UFC 225: Whittaker vs Romero 2-June 9th

Started by redsoxx, Jun 3, 2018, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. dna hits

Jun 11, 2018
    One thing we can agree on. I cringed just watching that match on YouTube. I really hope this brought punk back to reality and he finally realizes he’s no Brock lesnar. I honestly wouldn’t even be afraid to go at it with punk on the ground from my middle school and high school wrestling experience. He’s just awful.

@tomroe93 did you really think punk stood a chance ? Some of you wwe fans I have to question if you’re really down with reality

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jun 11, 2018
    It was genuinely the worst, most pathetic performance I've seen in the octagon. He shouldn't have been in there. I was rooting for him hard beforehand too as he's my second favourite wrestler oat and I have a lot of respect for him but he needs to swallow his pride now and give it up. At least in UFC - he's not UFC standard and would barely get by in suburban leagues tbh.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. dna hits

Jun 11, 2018
    @redsoxx is a mma guru from what I hear, is cm punk the worst fighter you have ever seen in the octagon? Be honest, even if it’s brutal. I want to hear it from some people who always watch the ufc.

@SHUDEYE I wasn’t a big punk fan in the wwe but also quit watching around after his feud with HHH at the time. I enjoyed some of his promos but him wanting to be compared to the rock and thought he was top s--- naw he lost some respect from the vets thinking he was the s--- when he wasn’t even in the business that long.

In fact, before his first ufc fight I remember telling Kon and a few others punk will get destroyed because he literally has no background. He didn’t even wrestle in high school so he didn’t know the basic takedowns, riding someone while they’re on the ground waiting for an opportunity to try a move. All the basics before the fighting. Zero experience. I honestly think he was all adderalled out towards the end of his wwe run and truly visioned himself as a ufc champ at some point. Thinking if Brock did it why can’t I.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jun 11, 2018
    I just loved his promos - I don't follow it anymore because it's one of the worst run shows of all-time but the pipebomb era was dope - I was a fan pre then anyway. I just always liked his attitude despite the fact he's a narcissistic sociopath. I think he mainly signed up to UFC out of spite to WWE and he genuinely does like to challenge himself but yeah, this is a failed experiment. I actually can't put into words how bad he looked. It was so much worse than I ever could have expected anyone looking in UFC. He's just not up to standard. By a long, long way.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. tomroe93

Jun 12, 2018
    A chance against most MMA fighters I wouldn't have given him, considering Mike Jackson had also only had one fight and well...it was nothing special, there was so many unknowns leading in to it. I never thought Punk would be a great fighter, especially at his age, but on paper I thought he had at least a puncher's chance in this fight. But boy that was awful

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Jun 12, 2018
    Probably one of the worst, but there were some bums from the early days.

[​IMG]

Also don’t if Punk ever thought he could do it because Brock did he’s an idiot. Brock was a D1 wrestling champ, Punk has no athletic background.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. Kon

Kon

Jun 13, 2018
    Early reports say the buyrates for this PPV were pretty low, under 150k.

Kinda surprising considering it was a stacked card plus you’d figure Punk would draw in some wrestling fans still.

Wonder if the main event being changed to non-title a day before had anything to do with it, people are probably getting fed up with these last minute changes to big PPV fights, often the headlining fights.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024