Boxing/MMA [UPDATE] Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather reportedly reach deal

Started by SHUDEYE, Feb 14, 2017, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Feb 14, 2017
    THE biggest fight in combat sports history has taken a giant step forward with reports Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor have reached a multi-million dollar deal to fight.

The Irish Sun reports that the pair has agreed terms after an intense negotiating period, as representative from McGregor’s camp met Mayweather representatives in recent days.

The news comes after McGregor cancelled a fan event in Ireland over the weekend, sighting a last minutes schedule change that would require the UFC champion to head to Las Vegas.

McGregor’s sudden switch saw the rumour mill again go into overdrive; however it seems this time there’s been significant progress.

A source close to the McGregor camp reportedly told the Irish Sun that the deal for what would be the biggest fight in history has been struck.

“The contract hasn’t officially been signed yet because of a third party holdup but all details have been agreed on,” the source said.

“The fight could even be announced within two weeks.”

McGregor is currently on a break from his UFC commitments as his partner Dee Devlin is set to give birth to the couple’s first child in May.

The Irish star may have to still jump a major hurdle though to step inside the ring with Mayweather, as UFC president Dana White has claimed the fight will not happen without his permission, given McGregor remains under contract with the organisation.

McGregor feels that he can make the fight with Mayweather independently, but said in a recent live interview with MMA journalist Ariel Helwani that he hoped all parties could work together to make the fight happen.

“I think it’s smoother if we’re all involved. I think we’re all about good business,” McGregor said.

“I’ve done great business with the UFC, with Dana (White), with everyone. I think it’s smoother if everyone just gets together and we get it involved. But again, everyone’s got to know their place.

“Nobody is my boss. I know Floyd likes to say Dana (White) is my boss and this and he decides. h--- no. Nobody decides this. If they let people go fight jiu-jitsu tournaments, they can’t stop me going to fight a boxing fight. So obviously it’s smoother to do it all together, but look, everyone’s just got to know their place, and everyone does know their place.”

UFC president Dana White poured cold water on that idea just last week, saying McGregor has an iron clad contract and that he intended to hold the UFC lightweight champion to it.

“He’s under contract with us. You have a contract for a reason,” White told reporters.

“Let me tell you what, there are a lot of contracts out there, no matter what business you are in — UFC or whatever — and it’s pretty tough to get out of a contract.

“And if that’s what Conor wants to do (fight Mayweather), he’s got four fights left. He’s got four fights left with the UFC. Fight your four fights and, you know, go out and do what you want to do.”

Mayweather has not tasted defeat in 49 professional fights, but McGregor feels he will become the first man to stop the boxing legend.

“I’ve got the reach. I’ve got youth. I’ve got the confidence. I’ve got the unpredictable style. You can’t prepare for a style like me,” McGregor said in a recent live stream interview.

“Why conquer one world when you can conquer two? So I’m going to go conquer two worlds.”

-news.com.au

Apr 20, 2024
  2. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Feb 14, 2017
    Wow huge news I wonder which guy will get knocked over first

Kush Gawd and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. SHUDEYE

Feb 14, 2017
    Go do a pop shove it

aquaberryares, Xmipod, Lucy and 3 others like this.
    aquaberryares, Xmipod, Lucy and 3 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. SHUDEYE

Feb 14, 2017
    ^^cooked

Apr 20, 2024
  5. theg

theg got that pma

Feb 14, 2017
    never gonna happen

Apr 20, 2024
  6. SHUDEYE

Feb 14, 2017
    I'm still in the I'll believe it when i see it category tbh

Apr 20, 2024
  7. theg

theg got that pma

Feb 14, 2017
    i'm still in the
    it's never gonna happen
    catagory

Xmipod, Lucy, Kush Gawd and 2 others like this.
    Xmipod, Lucy, Kush Gawd and 2 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  8. Kon

Kon

Feb 14, 2017
    So doesn't sound like Dana will let him do this outside of UFC and Conor's got 4 fights left.. so are we supposed to believe this is actually gonna happen in a UFC cage or that it won't happen till after Conor's 4 fights?

Kush Gawd likes this.
    Kush Gawd likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  9. ivi

ivi

Feb 14, 2017
    I doubt he'll even be a 2 weight world champion till it happens, I see either Khabib or Tony beat him srs and if he fights the winner of woodley/wonderboy(if it were to happen), he'd get rekt

Kush Gawd likes this.
    Kush Gawd likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  10. Kush Gawd

Feb 14, 2017
    Floyd would want an insane amount of money

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  11. Lucy

Lucy #1

Feb 14, 2017
    the third party they're talking about is probably UFC/Dana. Can't see MacGregor paying floyd to fight him.

Also, lets say in the unlikely chance this goes ahead... MacGregor is stepping into the boxing ring (judging by his comments) so he's gonna get fucken smashed, but he's an irish coont and i have a feeling if he started to lose he'd start throwing kicks and trying to grapple till both players throw gloves off.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  12. Xmipod

Feb 14, 2017
    If that happens and it becomes a street fight Floyd has no chance

Apr 20, 2024
  13. Detroit24

Feb 14, 2017
    The best part of this boxing match will be the hype/trash talk from both McGregor/Floyd...besides that I would expect Floyd/Pacquiao fight outcome...McGregor would be much more entertaining but Floyd would box to win a decision lol

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Mikey

Feb 14, 2017
    McGregor knows deep down he has no chance just wants the money.
    If it happened I would watch the press conferences but I wouldn't pay for the fight.

Apr 20, 2024
  15. KXNG

KXNG I want a drink

Feb 14, 2017
    In a boxing match Connor will get murdered
    In a UFC match, Floyd will get murdered
    If it happens it's only for the money. Just my take on it.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  16. Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson big cuntry's alias

Feb 14, 2017
    n----- i got no more emotional energy to invest in to this today after what has transpired this morning

Apr 20, 2024
  17. SHUDEYE

Feb 15, 2017
    Speculation and unsubstantiated reports that the long-promoted Floyd Mayweather versus Conor McGregor boxing match was on its way to actually happening were met with some cold water on Tuesday.

The denials started with UFC president Dana White, who told ESPN, plainly, "There is no deal even close to being done," when reached Tuesday. Mayweather posted on Instagram shortly thereafter, sharing a similar sentiment.

"There seems to be several rumors floating around media recently however, let the record show, there hasn't been any deals made in regards to a fight between myself and any other fighters," he said. "I am happily retired and enjoying life at this time. If any changes are to come, be sure that I will be the first to let the world know."

A British tabloid wrote Tuesday that McGregor had traveled to the United States to film an anti-bullying public service announcement and was scheduled to agree to terms with Mayweather, cautioning that a third party was holding up the bout from being finalized.

While there has been plenty of bluster from both Mayweather and McGregor, there's been no substantiated reports of actual negotiations. For now, it will remain a talking point for both men and a dream matchup for fans. Whether it ever develops into anything more than that certainly remains to be seen.

-cbs sports

No surprise tbh

Apr 20, 2024
  18. SHUDEYE

Feb 15, 2017

Conors response

The Product likes this.
    The Product likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  19. SHUDEYE

Feb 15, 2017

Yeh this is just garbage

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  20. The Product

Feb 16, 2017
    it would be the biggest fight to date but its never happening. Floyd backing out

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024