Vic Mensa Detained by Police for "Stealing" After Spending $4,000 at Barneys

Started by Ordinary Joel, Aug 6, 2016, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Aug 6, 2016
    via Complex

http://au.complex.com/style/2016/08...mplexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Police detained Vic Mensa Thursday on suspicion of stealing after him and his crew went on a $4,000 shopping spree at Barneys. Taking to his Snapchat, Mensa blasted the police for accusing him of stealing. "I'm tired of dealing with these MFers man," he said as he pointed his camera at a police officer. "Over here just giving a n----- trouble for all types of stupid s---. We didn't steal s---. I go in Barneys and spend four racks and get accused of stealing."

He claimed that the police didn't even know what they thought the group had stolen. "That's the craziest part about it, I went and bought some ill Saint Laurent boots, some more s--- from Barneys, and we get all pulled out the f---ing car and get accused of stealing. And on top of that, they don't even know what they think we stole." He lamented the fact that black men in American society are often viewed as criminal. "You can't be a young black man out here doing anything legal, positive, and you still get treated like a criminal," he said. "We don't have to steal s--- man, we could buy nicer s--- than you buy for your wife for her right now."

Vic has been outspoken about police violence and civil rights issues in his music, interviews and clothing, and clearly he's using his social media as another outlet to voice his opinion about injustices. You can check out his entire ordeal in the video above.

Vic did not immediately respond to Complex's request for comment.

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Goldy

Aug 6, 2016
    ):

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Aug 6, 2016
    cant help but feel like this is somewhat set up seeing as hes going with the whole #woke thing these days

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024