Wages haven't increased since Obama has been President.

Started by reservoirGod, Jun 4, 2016, in Life Add to Reading List

1. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Jun 4, 2016
    Actually wages haven't increased in 15 years (that is since Bill Clinton has been President, if you are keeping track).

So, how should the President force companies to pay workers more money?

When I was 17 I learned about Trade Unions and the Davis Bacon Act.

I've been in 4 different Trade Unions (Laborers, Teamsters, Brick & Tile Setters and UNITE HERE) and worked out of 7 different locals. I also have also earned straight Davis Bacon wages. I've only ever earned a wage... and leased rooms and houses as a land lord and leased my tools. I have never been salaried or been an entrepreneur.

I find it truely interesting that hardly anyone in America knows about the Davis Bacon Act.

I know people that drive into work, with college debt and making $20 an hour and feeling sorry for the person on the side of the road holding a stop/slow paddle.

That person makes $30-$70 an hour for regular time, depending on the state you are in (if it's not a right-to-work state) and more for overtime.

As a union member I have got a raise each and every year I have worked it's call COLA (cost of living adjustment). I have the best healthcare and a legal fund that can pay out to $30k a year. If I was in my 50's an elgible for full retirement, my two vested pensions would pay me $5,000 a month until I died with the amount of hours I have right now.

The middle class is disappearing. Technology is making middle income jobs obsolete, outsourcing has moved middle income jobs over seas and the CEC has tricked middle-class workers to vote against their own interest to elect anti-middle class, pro-ruling class Republican cadidates and persuaded them to not form or even join unions to collectively bargain.

My career has been amazing. I have hung over the side of skyscrapers as I built them, Gandy danced, drill and blasted, built dams, highways and airports and runways... from the most pristine of wilds to the big city... and I am probably the last of a generation that has been handsomely rewarded for it.

The President can't raise wages with out busting trusts like Teddy Roosevelt or encouraging Unions with union friendly legislation... nor can we ever have a 3% GDP again. America is in decline because he have given our ruling class everything and asked for nothing.

Howie likes this.
    Howie likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024