Eminem Was Benzino Right About Eminem After All These Years?

Started by Empire State Of Mind, Apr 1, 2018, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress NEW EM - APRIL 5th.

Apr 3, 2018
    Nah, because the thing is, I've heard him say things which go beyond Eminem. That may have been the jumping-off point, but he used that and said all kinds of s---, all kinds of separatist s--- over the years.

If he just hated Eminem I wouldn't care. It's obvious from his rants and things he's said / Eminem out of the equation / that he is racist. It seems like Eminem was almost just an excuse for him...

Because as I said, he was giving Em like 1 Mic and hating on him... clearly to an absurd degree - because he's white and implying all kinds of anti-white s--- before he even found that tape. That tape was just the icing on the cake for him, to justify all his racism up to that point lol. So he could go 'see this is why I hate Eminem!' but he had no reason to up to that point, it was just because he was white, and he did all kinds of f---ing racist imagery and ranting on him prior to that.

About the co-signs... Okay but can you find me lyricists who actually specifically say how dope of a lyricist Benzino is? It's one thing to have a co-sign, plenty of terrible rappers have co-signs throughout history, for different reasons. Sometimes for their image, sometimes their connections etc. etc. So just because he knew some people or was cool with some people doesn't make him a good rapper lol. He's terrible.

But, his rapping aside for a moment - just as a person - even with the racism aside for a moment - he's clearly a moron lol. And nothing to do with Eminem, I've heard him speak in general on other things... the guy is dumb and unlikeable.​

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Empire State Of Mind

Empire State Of Mind Revival Is Trash

Apr 3, 2018

Benzino never claimed to be the greatest rapper, there's videos where he said that himself. he's a street dude who turned music to another hustle. Eminem represents what's wrong in hip hop though, he got famous for rapping about killing his wife, raping and other weird s--- while others were rapping about making it out for a better life. Shock value rap was good back in the day now it comes off corny. we don't need anymore dumbed down music they way we got it now. If it wasn't for Eminem I wouldn't even know what kind of drugs he speaks about. That's how much of an influence he has which is scary to say the least.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Groovy Tony

Groovy Tony Grandma's baby Eddie Kane

Apr 3, 2018
    He apologized he was wrong cus no matter what color a girl is she's still a hoe

Backroad Bobby likes this.
    Backroad Bobby likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Empire State Of Mind

Apr 3, 2018

Eminem couldn't save face with that line. he knew he messed up.

Groovy Tony likes this.
    Groovy Tony likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. judocobra

Apr 3, 2018
    Sure, he messed up. He was also a teenager. The fact that Benzino went to that low of a level to smear Em and call him racist is astounding. It was such a b---- move to use The Source and his leverage to try to put down Eminem because he couldn't compete on a diss track. Benz even called him a "culture-stealer" and "Hitler".. seriously?

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. Chaotic Progress

Apr 3, 2018
    Anybody who trivialises Eminem as shock rap never understood him or half of his content to begin with.

First of all, when he initially rapped about killing his wife, let's say in "97 Bonnie and Clyde"... that was a great show of storytelling. Just from a writer's standpoint and also as a concept - to express love for his daughter, hate for his wife... at the same time, and tell a story which is violent and disturbing, yet funny, detailed, clever and through baby talk? That's brilliance. That's not shock rap.

So it started from some genuine expression of his and some anger, from his childhood and just being ignored, bullied etc. But then he took the misunderstanding of his 'in-character rhymes' and 'go anywhere with your thoughts to express rage at the world' and embodied it (MMLP), he became what critics thought he genuinely was - realistically, and then used that to feed some more utterly brilliant conceptual rap, like of course "Stan" and "Criminal".

Em's best work is too smart to be dimissed as shock rap. There's far too much to it. For example on MMLP, he might be saying violent things or 'shocking things', but he then almost always has a 'wink' right after it, or is making a larger point for example about bad parenting, hypocrisy of American media or politics etc. - That's not shock rap. Shock rap is just say anything for no bigger reason, just to say it... and just to shock. He used violent imagery and concepts for bigger purposes.

Then - leaving all of his violent concepts and all of that aside, how is "Till I Collapse" shock rap? "Lose Yourself"? He has done much more than just provoke. "Lose Yourself" is a great example too, how many rap songs do you know which feel that BIGGGG and which transcend everything, all genres, yet are so authentic... so uncompromising, so smart? - the hook game too; that hook feels HUGE, it's legendary. How many HUGE rap hooks like that, which felt that electrifying were there before? He's analysed himself, he's written about anxiety and fighting against the odds - big themes, big universal and inspiring themes, you act like all he's done is say shocking (for whatever reason) things.

He's not anything wrong with rap. Well, maybe now, with his trash sell-out s---, but in general - what he has done for rap is take many aspects of it to previously unseen levels - rhyming, flows and more importantly - the intelligence of writing; his self-deprecation, self-analysis, his wittiness, his social commentary, his storytelling and just from somebody who appreciates great writing... outside of rap, outside of everything - the way he has put words together is unique. Rap would be far worse off without Eminem's contribution.

Mar 28, 2024
  7. Empire State Of Mind

Apr 3, 2018

he's got more shock value rap than the other stuff, but I understand where u coming from. And this is coming from a very big fan of his back in the day. I can't take him serious as much anymore cause of Revival. He let the labels control him when he has too much leverage and influence.

Chaotic Progress likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Empire State Of Mind

Apr 3, 2018
    regardless of age he knew what he did was wrong. he's originally from Missouri so I know there's a lot of people who feel the same way out there. It's not like he's from New York or any other culture embraced city. saying these things. I don't think other states will allow that kind of behavior.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Chaotic Progress

Apr 3, 2018
    Yeah he has @ let the labels control him.

I just don't get it either. He clearly has no balls. It's like he gets scared he's not relevant so just lets people influence him or something but even after Relapse... Like, man he still went multi-plat, like, he says it's not about fame or money but multi-plat isn't enough for him? He needs to be the biggest s--- in history every time?

If he was truly happy making what he was happy making and just being known for it... He wouldn't do what he does now. Clearly he wants to be the absolute biggest s--- in the world ever, all the time, or he feels he's not relevant at all...

But Eminem the name used to mean something. Even after Encore, his name had power, because up to that point... he had such integrity. He made s-----y music on Encore but it was all his doing, it was all his. Nothing else sounded like "Big Weenie" lol, it was still hip-hop. And people were seriously calling him pop or a sell-out in 2000 because "The Real Slim Shady" had a bounce to it?, Lool, if only they knew what was to come... Shameless.

He has just completely smeared s--- on his name and legacy for no good reason. It's not like he was struggling to sell ffs, like, WHY! He's so frustrating.

Buddha and Empire State Of Mind like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Empire State Of Mind

Apr 3, 2018

I'm guessing it's all smoke and mirrors for him being the biggest artist ever. If he can't make the kind of music he really wants to make than he's not in control of the situation. And that's a problem. the labels own him. Seems like he's in a slave deal for the rest of his life on Interscope. But I hope I'm wrong. Revival isn't the way to go out with.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Chaotic Progress

Apr 3, 2018
    I don't get how they or anyone could possibly even make him think they have any power of him though lol.

Like, even after MMLP but definitely after TES...

If I was him I'd just be like "Uhh... f--- faces. I'm the biggest rapper in history, and from my track record - I clearly know what I'm doing. I made my most pure album ever with MMLP and it's the biggest solo rap selling album ever." like... on what basis does he need to fkn listen to ANYBODY to do formulas.

I don't think they seriously have any power over him, I think he's easily led. I think he gets a bid of bad feedback... Like, I think when he came back with Relapse he suddenly thought "f---, I've f----- it up, I could be over. I better listen" and he was f-----.

Because how can they have power when he was so big and respected that he could just drop the s--- on his website and charge direct and the world would flock to it. They have no leverage over him.

But, now they do. Because he sold out and did their little pony tricks and that failed big time. Worst sales of his career, so now he probably really thinks he needs them to promote him and put money on him. Tragic.

Empire State Of Mind likes this.
    Empire State Of Mind likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Empire State Of Mind

Apr 3, 2018

It's also the people around him saying the music is good when it's really garbage. He needs to leave everyone who led him to this mess.

Mar 28, 2024
  13. Chaotic Progress

Apr 3, 2018
    Including Mr Porter, Alex Da Kid - big culprits.

But the biggest - both figuratively and literally - PAUL.!

f---ing Paul. Paul is the worst because he has a conflict of interest. He apparently cares about Em and the purity of the art, but he's a fkn label head and Em seems to forget that. He might be his friend, but he can't help but compromise him, because he has the interest of the suits and profit heavily on his mind and being pushed onto him, which he fully implied in a recent interview when he says he's the one who has to go to Em and try to convince him s--- for the 'business people'.

From what he said, it sounds like Paul has these generic requests that you always here in corps like "hey, why doesn't he work with Beyonce? Ed Sheeran? It'll be huge", then Paul goes and sells the bs idea to Em and twists it like it's somehow from an authentic place and Em eats it up because it's from him, and suddenly 'it makes sense'.

Em seems so gullible. Just pure smearing s--- on his name.

Mar 28, 2024
  14. Empire State Of Mind

Apr 3, 2018

just like Benzino said in his diss song

"Paul Rosenberg you fat f---in pig, i'm holding you responsible for what this b---- did''

it's been in front of our faces all along, and we ignored it. i guess it stops now. it's really disappointing waiting years for an album that was being anticipated and then we get fed s--- on a platter. i haven't been so annoyed in a album released so much until now. the moment that tracklist dropped made me say "f--- Eminem for this sellout behavior''.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Buddha

Apr 3, 2018
    Dude is such a f---ing hypocrite. I’ve lost a lot of respect for him.

Nothing is more disappointing than him constantly professing his deep love and respect for hip hop, only to turn around and release an album aimed towards soccer moms and dads and their kids, where each person can have their own personal favorite song, so the entire family can listen to revival on long summer road trips to the lake house.

Mar 28, 2024
  16. Empire State Of Mind

Apr 3, 2018

i think he upset the majority of his soccer mom fanbase while dissing Cheeto. but yea he's still got some of them fans. i also lost alot of respect from him after pulling this stunt. it went on with MMLP2 but he went overboard with this. he didn't make a pure hip hop album dissing cheeto which really annoyed me, instead he put Pink on it who probably has the fanbase of Cheeto supporters.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. King of Kings

King of Kings Who Dey

Apr 3, 2018
    Eminem is not a grandfather unless I'm missing something?

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024