Politics Was Obama a good president?

Started by Charlie Work, Dec 10, 2018, in Life Add to Reading List

1. JMG

JMG Teflon

Jan 24, 2019
    Worst president ever. Promoted divison by backing terrorist movements like BLM. So glad Trump is ruining his fake legacy. Which was really just putting perverts in the ladies room. Trump 2020!

Guma and Red Rum like this.
    Guma and Red Rum like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. NaKeD

Jan 24, 2019
    Thats your take on it. Clearly not everone agrees with it.

God d--- is that a stupid thing to say. Obamacare isn’t “cleverly dubbed”, it is simply the way we say which president introduced the program. I guess someone cant be against anything Obama has done without being #TeamRed. Dumbass.

I do disagree. Take a tiny portion of your time to learn about the economy before spouting bs.

Hey dumbshit, this isnt a ‘Trump vs Obama’ thread. I havent said a thing about Trump so I dont know why you are. So many generalizations its ridiculous.

We are still there. Thats on Obama as well as Bush and Trump. I dont give a s--- if we pulled out of one country. He said we would be done with it, and we are still there. f--- you for being too much of a b---- to admit that he didnt stick to his word.

You have a crazy case of confirmation bias, and are a judgemental, disingenuous shill.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Jan 24, 2019
    Anyone who disagrees that Obamacare improved healthcare in this country is idiotic. It drastically improved insured rates & provided protections for people with pre-existing conditions. Far from perfect (we need universal healthcare like the rest of the developed world) but it’s an improvement undoubtedly.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Jan 25, 2019
    There has been multiple studies where the approval rating of "Obamacare" polls lower than the "Affordable Care Act" when asking the same people surveyed... you might even been a respondent to one of those polls...

"s---... h---, naw I ain't like no OBUMMERcare. I like me that there Affordable Care Act, cuz Imma goddam 'Merican!"

I'm going to learn you something about economics.

In 2008 their was a worldwide financial crisis centered in America... which took most of the hit... but other countries took financial damage as well.

In 2009 Obama introduced his stimulus package... within months the downward trend in the economy turned around and we were out of the recession in less than 2 years and have had a booming economy for over 9 years

Meanwhile Geeece suffered in the 2008 financial crisis in a lesser way... they decided to handle it with a series of austerity measures... instead of spending to stimulate the economy they cut spending.

They have been in a recession for over a decade.

Yeah... obviously you don't want to compare Obama to Trump.

You just want to bash Obama in an ignorant, uneducated manor parroting the stuff that Foxnews can't even get away with saying any more.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Jan 25, 2019
    Let's see how the last 3 Presidents handled the middle east.

Bush43: started 2 wars... including the incredible clusterfuck quagmire that was the Iraq War.
    Failed to capture Osama bin Laden after 9/11.

Obama: ended the Iraq War. Capture killed Osama bin Laden. Rained down 30,000 drone strikes on ISIS.

Trump: invited brutal Sharia Law enforcing dictator who killed 100s of Americans with terrorism and who's airforce shot missiles at the United States Airforce (an act of war) to his New York property.

Partook in a weird ceremony with Saudi Royals where he put his hand on glowing globe.... then took no action when the Sauidis cut an American resident (with American citizen children) apart alive with a bone saw.

Bungled many operations... including his first ordered strike that killed more non-combatants then belligerent ls... including an 8 year old American citizen... plus one of our Navy SEALs and destroyed a $30 million Osprey. He literally only placed the go order because Obama said it was too dangerous and not give the command on his way out.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. KingZ

Jan 25, 2019
    He did some bad s---, but when you compare him to any other modern president hes a saint. So as far as US presidents go, I would say he was pretty great.

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. capnchronic

Jan 25, 2019
    I bought into the anti-Obama hysteria, but looking back at things, even though he wasn't "good" by any means, he could have been a whole lot worse, and was definitely the lesser evil both times he ran.

Kate1819 likes this.
    Kate1819 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Kate1819

Jan 25, 2019
    He was very weak and did some s-----y things (especially foreign policy) but he did do a lot of good stuff

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Old_Parr

Jan 25, 2019
    I think Obama has a positive Balance, he left Office with the country in good conditions. What i definitely dont like is his foreign policy

Mar 28, 2024
  10. dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl

Jan 25, 2019
    pulled us out of that h--- of a recession with his stimulus, brought us obamacare which is an improvement, ordered the raid and killing of Bin Laden-- a d--- good day to be 'murican. aside from how he meddled in syria, egypt, libya, etc he's fine by me.

Kate1819 likes this.
    Kate1819 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Kate1819

Jan 25, 2019
    His advocacy for the TPP was also bad. And at one point he was too willing to compromise with the republicans over social security cuts. Im sure there's other domestic s--- that's bad but overall he wasnt horrible. Foreign policy wise like you said it was pretty bad relatively

Mar 28, 2024