Film What is the GOAT Film?

Started by 1999, Jul 31, 2017, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 1, 2017
    ok that makes sense. i feel like youre active on untappd? or at least post beer pics on insta alot lol

And................ maybe. From what I've seen - which isn't much - he hides behind music choices (he doesn't have the rights for) juxtaposed against natural shots of parks and people walking. unless I'm missing something

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  2. FilmAndWhisky

Aug 1, 2017
    This coming from the same guy criticizing @Vahn being self taught and then flexing by unjustifiably saying "I'm your superior"
    Do you realize how irrational you are?

If you need a list to go by, please ignore IMDB.

Once you've seen just half of the Sight and Sound best films poll, I'll treat you with respect.
    https://fanwithamovieyammer.wordpress.com/the-sight-sound-top-250-list/

Apr 27, 2024
  3. FilmAndWhisky

Aug 1, 2017
    Nah, that's really old @Vahn like Falling which belongs in the dumpster, or all his s-----y Young Thug/Kanye works which I'm convincing him to keep to himself.

The new stuff is good experimental work in the vein of Brakhage, Snow, Lynch etc. with inspired visuals and tons of passion. The only narrative work he's made lately is the one he's working on now, Timbre, for which he's using a Joanna Newsom song we're getting the rights for.

Apr 27, 2024
  4. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 1, 2017
    ok, send me what I should watch. But it sounds like you're doing more than champion him.

Executive producer? :jaydaps:

Apr 27, 2024
  5. FilmAndWhisky

Aug 1, 2017
    if he legit makes it then I'm gonna ride that train. But we're talking about the potential of a film festival run not million dollar studio deals here. Let's maintain perspective.

Apr 27, 2024
  6. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 1, 2017
    lol you are such a fa---- mate. i could of picked any film "hmmm wah needs to me more obscure... only someone who has sex regularly would say those movies xD!" i gave you an example of 4 older films ive seen that I thought were pretty well known, so iwasnt trying to prove im not close minded, by listing off obscure films you pretentious f--- lmfao. I was proving im not close minded because ive seen them, but for the reasons i already stated would much prefer to watch some half-a--- modern film with a decent plot and decent actors. Atleast they'll use technology from the past decade to record the films lol.
    nice analogy, how do you float on a shore? (low IQ?)
    i dont use imdb and im not clicking your link, lol. dickhead. i'll have your respect? i dont f---ing care about your respect lmfao you are f---ing nobody kid.

Ordinary Joel and 1999 like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  7. FilmAndWhisky

Aug 1, 2017
    More

Moments: 2 shorts + 1 trailer

pw: vibe

Apr 27, 2024
  8. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 1, 2017
    "im a masters degree in film watch this list of s--- to earn.my respect"

:currydead:

1999 likes this.
    1999 likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  9. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 1, 2017
    lmao, pleb, you just pulled this from the IMDB top 1000

Apr 27, 2024
  10. The Box

Aug 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

Apr 27, 2024
  11. DKC

DKC hank trill

Aug 1, 2017
    good banter everyone

my fav movies are probs Eyes Wide Shut and Friday

edit: also Apocalypse Now. Also when reading the thread it got so off topic I forgot this was for "GOAT" film not "favorite" lol but w/e

Lucy, Ordinary Joel, 1999 and 2 others like this.
    Lucy, Ordinary Joel, 1999 and 2 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  12. FilmAndWhisky

Aug 1, 2017
    Clearly you're not capable of having a reasonable conversation.

at the shore is not the same as on the shore. Go check your own comprehension skills.

not clicking the link I sent you is a perfect example of being a closed-minded person. Profanity is the sign of a loser. Being defensive only projects your obviously poor self-esteem

Thanks for digging yourself deeper and demonstrating my point for me.

Apr 27, 2024
  13. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 1, 2017
    it's good you're mentoring him. i'll try to catch those links you sent. i'm obviously biased since he's been so vicious and unkind to me. you have a masters (s/o @Coco the Vageater) so ill try to keep an open mind lol

Ordinary Joel and Lucy like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Lucy like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  14. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 1, 2017
    >calls person close minded among multiple other ad hominems over a subjective opinion
    >expects them to eat up every piece of s--- thrown at them
    >doesnt
    "wow you are incapable of reasonable discussion"

what's your end game? I do not like bad picture quality. Not objectively bad, but i get 1000000x more enjoyment out of modern film. you came in and said it was close minded lmao.

Thanks for cementing MY point further that you are the typical pretentious film looving s--- breathe.

like, how about you just stop acting like a gigantic b---- cause i trolled Vahn a bit? you seriously give this much of a s--- someone doesnt like film from over 50 yrs ago?

and since we're talking about "close minded" notice you are the one throwing around absolutes you f---ing joke. you have a masters in film, while i master life. enjoy being a film maker i will never know or hear of. im you're superior, not in film, you are clearly better versed in that regard, but you're such a c---- lmfao

Apr 27, 2024
  15. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 1, 2017
    we'll need to start tag-teaming pretentious bullies to keep them in check. we'll make a great team.

Apr 27, 2024
  16. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 1, 2017
    @FilmAndWhisky just watched More, and there's certainly some compelling visuals that complement the song(s) he's picked. As impressive as individual shots are - some truly beautiful imagery - I'm still worried what binds the project as a whole is the audio. It's a bit of a crutch no

Apr 27, 2024
  17. FilmAndWhisky

Aug 1, 2017
    You're really not worth my time, and I should really start my workday, so I'll end it with this.

If you work in Graphic Design, there's a good chance you will watch more and more films. As you do so, you might realize there are some great films out there which you currently don't even know exist. Your views will change as you mature as a person and as a film-watcher. As people, we are always in a state of becoming, and the more film we watch the better position we are in to make informed decisions. Eventually you will have watched more movies and be in a better position to speak on the best films. At that point you'll look back on your immature self and realize you were a noob. So i'll let history finish this argument.

For all you other open-minded people in this thread.... Your opinions are valuable and having a favourite film or opinion on the goat film is a great privilege to have. An even better privilege is the ability to seek out and discover other films, and by doing so, have your opinions change due to further experience. A subjective opinion is valuable, but an informed subjective opinion is even better.

If you want to see more of the greatest films of all time, and enjoy seeing for the first time the films which shaped my love of cinema, check out the link I gave Coco which he dismissed.

The Sight and Sound Poll conducted by the British Film Institute for the past 70 years is the most significant list of film in all of cinema. There is a viewer's selection and a critics selection, and to participate in this once a decade poll requires being selected as worthy by the Institute of Film.

It is the prime reference for film watching, and I can't stress how much it will shape your knowledge. GOAT films change over time during your life, you'll see more films and there's a d--- good chance that the goat film for you is hidden somewhere in this list waiting for you to discover it.
    This goes for @Tyler the Creator too.

Sight and Sound
    https://fanwithamovieyammer.wordpress.com/the-sight-sound-top-250-list/

Apr 27, 2024
  18. FilmAndWhisky

Aug 1, 2017
    By the way, I don't make film. My degree is in film theory, history, and culture, and I've taught film education/intro to film studies at the University level. I am not pretentious, and none of my statements are to be taken as absolutes. I respect your subjective opinions, but I think you're immature to cast people out when you haven't actually seen much film. If you're trolling, I guess I missed that, but trolling or not, you really don't seem to have a clue about cinema. Your work will benefit from spending some time watching films.

Now as I mentioned, I'm outta here. Take what you will from this conversation, and I hope you and @Tyler the Creator see some better films.

Apr 27, 2024
  19. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 1, 2017
    look buddy, didnt read cause its too long. i already said you know more about film than I, but f--- off, i dont care for old films. its 1:30am and i'm watching x-files, you seriously think i'm going to seriously look at anything you reccomend right now? after dismissing everything i've said?

just get your head out of your arse and understand i dont have to like older films. the fact you even give a s--- at all is weird. the fact you care this much though is freakishly f---ing weird. so just stop.enjoy being a film maker i will never hear of ever.

Apr 27, 2024
  20. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 1, 2017
    you quoted me again before i even replied to your first post (that i didnt read) what a f---ing meltdown buddy, get a life.

Apr 27, 2024