Where do you place your self on the political spectrum?

Started by Gimp, Aug 22, 2020, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Right

14.7%
  2. Center

32.4%
  3. Left

52.9%
  1. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Aug 22, 2020
    Nah they would be seen the same, but certainly no one would call them far-left or left.
    I agree.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Aug 22, 2020
    not feelin the anti american vibe itt im out

[​IMG]

skip, Ordinary Joel and Guma like this.
    skip, Ordinary Joel and Guma like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Aug 22, 2020
    Obviously we would all love that but in the USA you can't erase 200 years of racism in an instant and the fact of the matter is that those identities exist as something much more tangible than, like, eye color or hair color. "Not seeing color" is literally impossible in the USA (and most places) because race as a concept is engrained in us and our society. Plus race/orientation is a useful tool for both major political parties (identity politics, pitting poor whites vs. the scapegoat race flavor of the month, etc.) and they're going to appeal to that stuff forever. The best we can hope for is to keep working on dismantling the systems in place that continue to perpetuate this stuff.

skip, Ordinary Joel, Enigma and 4 others like this.
    skip, Ordinary Joel, Enigma and 4 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Guma

Aug 22, 2020
    I agree with what you posted here. I'm just not sure about the methods people are using there to do that, because a lot of it is perfectly playing into people's pitting both sides against each others hand. Don't you think that it will go on forever or even will be worse by focusing on that? Both sides will get only more radical in their ways and then there will be even less chance of "not seeing color".

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. Tom Brady

Tom Brady "I'm a pretty good winner."

Aug 23, 2020
    Truly, I have no idea. I typically stray away from politics. I’m just not knowledgeable enough within this field. Everything seems solely negative. Everything is “agree with me or you’re wrong.” Sounds corny but there is such a lack of unity in everything I see everyday.

I’d say I lean left if anything.

Apr 24, 2024
  6. GawDEDEDE

Aug 23, 2020
    You’re doing the right thing honestly. Both sides are as garbage as they’ve ever been in popular discourse and it takes an enormous amount of cognitive dissonance to subscribe to either side of the spectrum.

Considering how quickly the right and the left tend to frame their subjective opinions as moral positions, I have reached a point where if you’re staunchly in either direction, or can’t respect the opposing viewpoint, your opinion shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Tom Brady likes this.
    Tom Brady likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Aug 23, 2020
    Old School Left. I like my comedy uncensored.

Apr 24, 2024
  8. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 23, 2020
    Yeah thats why I specifically said Europe. Ur right tho.

But I do think even americans are not doing it right. Instead of bringing people together you guys are creating an us vs them mentality. Not saying u do btw but just think that the way things are going is only gonna make it more devided than bringing together.

Ordinary Joel and Guma like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Guma like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  9. DKC

DKC hank trill

Aug 23, 2020
    The conservative establishment has long used race as a scapegoat to energize the poor white portion of their voter base—ie, the reason they're poor and can't get a leg up is because of affirmative action or undocumented immigrants taking the good jobs—anything to keep them thinking about the racial divide instead of the class divide and the systems in place that perpetuate both of these things. I think working toward class unity would help racial unity, but working toward class unity also requires some amount of racial unity, so it's kind of a Catch-22.

Racial unity among the working class would be a powerful thing, but getting there is going to take a lot of work from the white majority especially because a refusal to recognize the plight that black Americans have gone and are going through is going to keep that divide open. And at the same time I understand why many poor white people feel disenfranchised, because in a lot of cases these people have been ignored and forgotten. They have a right to be frustrated, but channeling that frustration toward black people/latin americans/etc. is the wrong place to send that energy.

Apr 24, 2024
  10. Guma

Aug 23, 2020
    But it kinda goes both ways. The other side does it for the exact same reason to black people and also to keep people occupied with it rather than seeing bigger picture.

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  11. DKC

DKC hank trill

Aug 23, 2020
    As I said before, both sides are certainly guilty of utilizing race to push their agenda, they just do it in different ways. The problem is that the conservative side has a stranglehold over a lot of poor/rural whites, and it's a lot harder to prop up a minority group when you don't have as much help from the majority group.

Apr 24, 2024
  12. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Aug 23, 2020
    I'm a centrist that consistently votes Democrat because of the American Republican Party has been a clown show for 40 years.

RetiredAccount likes this.
    RetiredAccount likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  13. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Aug 23, 2020
    @Charlie Work would call you smug for being a centrist

Apr 24, 2024
  14. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Aug 23, 2020
    If I wanted to know what he thought... I'd just listen to the Chapo Traphouse podcast.

Dirty F, DKC, Ordinary Joel and 4 others like this.
    Dirty F, DKC, Ordinary Joel and 4 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  15. RetiredAccount

Aug 23, 2020
    ay but couldnt narsh have simply put the ppl f---ing with him on ignore? or , you know, just ignored them? just reversing ur logic on u - missed this earlier.

again, rly well said. wish he couldve balanced posting here like a human (cut down on the emotionalism, the spamming, the thug dickriding.... keep it in stride) with his IRL mental health issues. if dude couldve matured his persona a bit maybe he wouldntve become a punchline as much imo.

but ur spot-on on how lowkey influential he became. crazy.

skip likes this.
    skip likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  16. RetiredAccount

Aug 23, 2020
    dont get your fingers burned on the stove, worm

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  17. skip

Aug 23, 2020
    lmaoo for sure, narsh got on my nerves just as much as the next guy (remember that hall of fame thread where, completely irrelevant of the actual topic, he and I had a 4-page back and forth over whether brack in my brack was a sus line? :emoji_sob::emoji_sob:). I think we can all be cringy and fail in our banter from time to time especially in our younger years (me included whoo boy I’m glad I have a totally new acc) and narsh being so g.d. visible and active made his bruh moments more frequent and more of a spectacle.

Ordinary Joel and RetiredAccount like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  18. RetiredAccount

Aug 23, 2020
    ya i think the 'shift' that took place tbh is before narsh posters could hide behind their usernames. like @Alchemist34 said there was a sharp church and state between real life and forum actors, bc u didnt want to have ur work or family harassed lol. narsh's username was......his real name, he posted youtube videos of his dad lol. it was a real change in sensibility that lives on, gen z mentality ftw lol. anyways agreed, people grow and good to have some stuff stay buried.

case in point never ever thought i'd see you speak so eloquently about economic disparity and its relationship to sensible pro choice public healthy/public policy. but you nailed the complexities nicely man props. (took me a minute but back on topic lmaaoo)

Ordinary Joel and skip like this.
    Ordinary Joel and skip like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  19. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 24, 2020
    Yeah he could, but 4 years later who cares. He obviously moved on fro. S80 i think we should move on from him too lol

skip and Ordinary Joel like this.
    skip and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  20. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 24, 2020
    True. But I'm more talking about the fact that the same people that act all pc (speaking out against all -isms and violence, which is fine) have no problem talking about lynching and murdering people they don't like. Whatever reason they (think they) have, I dont think its the solution. And I dont mean poor black people fighting for their lives, but white, privileged angry people like on this forum lol.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024