Drake Why Doesn't Drake Have A Classic Album After Nearly 10 Years In The Game???

Started by Basiccc, Mar 13, 2017, in Drake Add to Reading List

1. Basiccc

Mar 13, 2017
    This is one corny thread I made aye

ANYWAY. I was wrong. Drake finally clicked with me this month. Lemme just go over this again real quick

Thank Me Later
    It's a cool debut. Definitely not a classic. Great songs tho, like Fancy, Over, Best I Ever Had ect.

Take Care
    Ok this is definitely a classic. I'm still not HUGE on marvins room, but everything else is (almost) perfect. Cameras, Headlines, Over My Dead Body etc etc etc. And what a fucken outro The Ride is. I was so wrong about this album

Nothing Was The Same
    I actually like this album less then i used to. The first half or so is cool, but there are some really bad songs towards the end like The Language. Not a classic but still pretty solid

IYRTITL
    Saw this at my record store yesterday and copped this. I LOVE this album. Don't know what I was talking about when I said the second half is weak. The two Party tracks are great and used to, company, Jungle and You and the 6 are AMAZING. Definitely a highlight in his discog and pretty much a CLASSIC

What A Time To Be Alive
    Did a 180 on this album, it's really fun. The chemistry is on point and they put out some solid tracks. Not a classic tho

VIEWS
    s--- STILL TRASH

More Life
    Pretty good album, he improved the dancehall and there's less corny bars. Get It Together is such a tune. Only problem with the album it's kinda renegades after renegades. Not a classic album (or playlist)

TL:DR: I used to be a drake hater, I've seen the light, I apologise for the slander. The dude is going down as one of the GOATS

IF YOU DONT THINK DRAKE HAS INFLUENCE OR CLASSICS YOUR DELUSIONAL

The title speaks for itself. How can this man be the GOAT without a classic album? It should be noted that i am not a drake hater, but i fail to see how this man can be as great as his fans claim to be without a classic album.

Comeback Season, So Far Gone and Other Irrelevant Mixtapes
    I Generally can not remember a single track from any of his mixtapes besides Best I Ever Had. Maybe its because the rapping and production are nothing to phone home about. Drake hadn't found his formula just yet.

Thank Me Later
    I dont even think you drake stans call this a classic. The highlights of this album is a track that was album on his subpar mixtape and a Kanye West 808s throwaway track. Its not very good at all.

Take Care
    Now this will be the main point for you stans when the "classic" argument, but outside of your sometime delusional little cult, i dont think i've ever seen someone call this half baked, inconsistent "CLASSIC" an actual classic. It has a great intro followed by Shot For Me, which is painfully boring, then followed by the great track headlines, then the overrated Marvins room and then Kendrick renegade on the interlude. The tracklist follows the up/down pattern right up until the end where you will find practice, one of the worst Drake songs till date. You may argue this all you like, but this is not a hip hop classic.

Nothing Was The Same
    Now this is my favourite Drake album , i actually will put this on sometimes and thoroughly enjoy it. The production is ambient throughout the album, Drake is actually spitting also doing a decent job or singing, its really consistent. But, no one at all , barely even drake stans call this a classic. In fact, it seems the most memorable thing about this album is Started From The Bottom, which isnt even one of the more memorable songs on the whole album. Its kind of disappointing how such a decent album has become so forgotten, especially by a rapper as big as Drake

If You're Reading This Its Too Late
    This is what non drake fans tend to call his best album, however i disagree. While the first half is filled with fun, well (ghost)written bangers, it falls off really hard midway through the album (with the exception of 6 Man). Plus, this album has also been overshadowed by the career tainting allegations of ghostwriting and the Meek Mill beef. Not a classic

What A Time To Alive

I'm not even going to make the piss poor argument that they don't have good chemistry because Jumpman and Where Ya At are classic tracks. This album however, is repetitive, not fun, and in-cohesive. Futures flows arent anything revolutionary like they normally are, and Drake attempts to ride his wave. Definitely NOT a classic.

Views

...this may be lowkey the worst mainstream hip hop album of the decade, no exaggeration

---

So how has a man without a single classic album the hottest artist in the game? Simple. The toronto rapper has a plethora of classic tracks. Hotline Bling, Forever , Headlines, Best I Ever Had, Wu Tang Forever etc. There's probably enough of these to make an uber classic maybe even comparable to the likes of Illmatic and MBDTF (not even the best Ye album).

But until he finally reaches that classic album, his discography to me will always be a diet 808s and Heartbreaks for people who couldn't understand the experimentation Ye took. Will Drake ever have a classic album? Hopefully soon, because if hes following the path he was on , on Views, its not looking to good. But...

...More Life Soon?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Mar 13, 2017
    k

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Jehovah

Jehovah SB3

Mar 13, 2017
    lol

Apr 19, 2024
  4. Mikey

Mar 13, 2017
    Because he isn't a great artist.

Take Care was very good as was So Far Gone but not in anyway classics.
    Nothing Was The Same was good as well an underrated album.

No shame in not having a classic album anyway.

asvdawg, Sqrt Sqrt, jimziviel and 2 others like this.
    asvdawg, Sqrt Sqrt, jimziviel and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Lonny Breaux

Lonny Breaux I think my nuts look better on her face

Mar 13, 2017
    [​IMG] We interrupt this thread for a special announcement [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With More Lifeā„¢ dropping on March 18, we urge you to protect the top of your head with a hardhat. Failure to do so will result in chunes dropping on your bare head thus leading to a bad concussion and possibly DEATH. This is not a drill, these chunes are fatal and could indeed lead to death if you are not properly protected.

We hope you understand and follow through with this warning.

Sqrt Sqrt, ivi, vbdubz and 16 others like this.
    Sqrt Sqrt, ivi, vbdubz and 16 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. nineteen99

Mar 13, 2017
    Why doen't Jadakiss have a classic album?

Sqrt Sqrt, Hard Klyntar and Jay Zeus like this.
    Sqrt Sqrt, Hard Klyntar and Jay Zeus like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Mikey

Mar 13, 2017
    :meekL::hov3:

Sqrt Sqrt, Ordinary Joel and Basiccc like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Lonny Breaux

Lonny Breaux I think my nuts look better on her face

Mar 13, 2017
    f---ing idiot you forgot to wear a hardhat now look you're making s--- threads
    side effects of chunes getting dropped on ya headtop

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Jehovah

Jehovah SB3

Mar 13, 2017
    IYRTITL>

Apr 19, 2024
  10. Basiccc

Mar 13, 2017
    Known fact that every time drake says "chunes" 100 British crime rappers are killed in the ovo sweatshop

Sqrt Sqrt likes this.
    Sqrt Sqrt likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Mar 13, 2017
    Great thread basiccc

My take on this? Drake is too much of a sell out to produce a classic, i have a theory that we already evolved and have mutants among us and he is a meme mutant..he cannot produce one album meme free

He gotta ride on whatever hot that month, i can open a watch store and sell u a watch with Netflix vpn codes in 2011, it will sell a lot, but its no rolex

asvdawg, Bojack, Sqrt Sqrt and 9 others like this.
    asvdawg, Bojack, Sqrt Sqrt and 9 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. Basiccc

Mar 13, 2017
    Does this mean I'm ever gonna make a serious thread again? Absolutely not

But seriously I agree. I think he's sacrificing legacy over money. I don't think he'll be one of those artists people will look back on and think "oh what's his best album?" And no one will be album to tell because he doesn't have a thriller, a MDBTF, an Aquemini , a TPAB or even a country grammar.

In a sense, he's just a nelly without a country grammar (which is a classic)

Sqrt Sqrt, Ordinary Joel and Oldboy like this.
    Sqrt Sqrt, Ordinary Joel and Oldboy like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. gavin

gavin albumdabster.com

Mar 13, 2017
    I think this pretty much = / thread

The biggest issue with Drake is he literally has zero originality he has too completely drain the art from other people, look at how he did Partynextdoor and ILoveMakonnen literally just uses people for his own personal gain, once he gains enough out of them he throws them away.

In my opinion, I do like some things drake has made, however as a person I can never in my life see myself supporting his business model, he's corrupt as f--- and anyone who can claim family / friends and then do them like that is a DISGUSTING person.

Apr 19, 2024
  14. Basiccc

Mar 13, 2017
    Kinda bittersweet Koolo considering an artist you don't like is the topic of one of your most popular section

Do you not like eminem either?

Sqrt Sqrt likes this.
    Sqrt Sqrt likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Mar 13, 2017
    Lets leave this for a different thread

Apr 19, 2024
  16. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Mar 13, 2017
    You could MAYBE make an argument for Take Care, but ultimately I agree he doesn't have a classic

Doesn't matter tho.....the important thing is you enjoy the music. You guys focus too much on ranking/rating music

Sqrt Sqrt, vbdubz and Hard Klyntar like this.
    Sqrt Sqrt, vbdubz and Hard Klyntar like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. Basiccc

Mar 13, 2017
    Didn't rank a single album or track, I just described why they weren't good/bad

Sqrt Sqrt likes this.
    Sqrt Sqrt likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. Bourbon Ben

Bourbon Ben Mad pooper

Mar 13, 2017
    I GOT NEW MONEY AND IT'S ALL CASH

Sqrt Sqrt, Jacuzzi and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Sqrt Sqrt, Jacuzzi and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. Bourbon Ben

Bourbon Ben Mad pooper

Mar 13, 2017
    but what i takeaway from this thread is drake gonna die soon d--- 10 years in the rap time to get shot

Sqrt Sqrt and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. Bourbon Ben

Bourbon Ben Mad pooper

Mar 13, 2017
    well that was morbid

Apr 19, 2024