Eminem Why would Eminem have a lot of pop artists on next album if it's proven to not sell?

Started by Hip Hop Gawd, Mar 24, 2018, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress MMIII APR 26

Mar 28, 2018
    Well I don't think that's true @ ruining his goat status. He already cemented it with what he did.

Doing bad s--- after doesn't change what has been done. He made 3 classics in a row, each arguably (and I do mean arguably, as I know there's a lot of differing of opinion on the ranking of those 3) better than the last and some of the most memorable, impactful, lasting, creative and innovative rap songs ever made. I think he has more classic songs on those first 3 than most manage in a whole career, he took technical s--- to another level... his hook game, everything, the concepts...

No amount of s--- after that - changes that. He is no doubt a GOAT.

And anybody who appreciates writing, regardless of his latest albums... as a writer, he's continued to show amazing moments and take s--- to unreal heights.

His inability to make a great album now doesn't change what he's done and what he is.

It's not like he's a boxer and it's about longevity or knockouts. In those terms, he's already put Fraizer, Foreman and Ali on their back.

Mudkip, DoubleABD, RG9 and 3 others like this.
    Mudkip, DoubleABD, RG9 and 3 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Chaotic Progress

Mar 28, 2018
    Definitely Believe/Chlora. I consider them similar aka Eminem doing trap, even though Believe has his touch on it with the strings and s---... it sounds fresh, he hasn't done such a minimalist bare sound in a long time and it suits him. He does so much vocally and lyrically that his voice needs to take centre stage, which is why MMLP works so well.

Either those two songs, or, Untouchable 2nd verse - which sounds like modern MMLP to me. It's like upgraded flow and lyricism, but has that MMLP bounce and flow to it.

Totally wasted the political moment / which was perfect to be done by the way... and wasted his opportunity to do something new with the trap sound, which he also smashed on No Favours. Trap suits Em. It's bare and it's dark.

Mudkip, Guma, eddie313 and 1 other person like this.
    Mudkip, Guma, eddie313 and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. Hip Hop Gawd

Apr 1, 2018
    Hey Eminembase what do you mean by trap? And does Chloroseptic sound like Believe? Are you talking about the remake or the original Clora? Wait a minute Untouchable 2nd verse sounds like a modern MMLP?

He smashed it in No Favours?

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. Chaotic Progress

Apr 1, 2018
    Trap-like beats. Chlora is a trap beat, and yeah Believe sounds similar or at home with Chlora to me, as in - Eminem's tone is similar, they both have a bit of a bounce and some air in them, they're both quite minimalist and "Believe" is a bit trap in production too, even though there's also string and usual Eminem elements to it as well. I'm talking about original Chlora.

Yeah "Untouchable" 2nd verse sounds like modern MMLP to me. The production, his rapping, the relaxed bounce and style.

Yeah I love "No Favours" verse. And it was another indication, a hopeful one, that Em was going to do his version of a trap album. Which would have been amazing to me. The production suits him and it would have sounded fresh.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024