Will Smith Talks 2016 World Tour on 'Tonight Show'

Started by Ordinary Joel, Dec 13, 2015, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Dec 13, 2015
    Article Source: RollingStone - http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/will-smith-talks-2016-world-tour-on-tonight-show-20151212

BY DANIEL KREPS | December 12, 2015

"We really have to go out one good time because we never really had a chance to go out and blaze it up," actor says of the Fresh Prince's return

Will Smith discussed his planned 2016 world tour during a visit to 'The Tonight Show'

Will Smith continues to stand by his promise that the Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff will embark on their decades-delayed world tour in 2016. The rapper-turned-actor stopped by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Friday to promote his upcoming drama Concussion when the subject of Smith's resurgent music career popped up. "[DJ Jazzy] Jeff and I are definitely gonna go on tour next year," Smith confirmed.

"We released our first record in 1986, when I was just out of high school, it was called 'Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble,' that was our first song. Then in '88, was 'Parents Just Don't Understand,' and the first Grammy ever won by a rap group, we won. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air came on the air in 1990, so I was already on the show," Smith added. "We never really had a chance to go out and tour. So we decided a couple months ago, we really have to go out one good time because we never really had a chance to go out and blaze it up."

Smith next joked that he was going to take the Roots on the road with him, since "the Philly connection" supersedes any Tonight Show contractual obligations. Fallon then auditioned for the role of the world tour's opening act with impromptu renditions of "The Greatest Love of All" and "Hotline Bling."

In October, Rolling Stone spoke to DJ Jazzy Jeff about whether the duo is working on new music and if they'll actually embark on a world tour. "What I tell people is, 'If Will says, 'Listen, we're going on tour,' we're going on tour.' That's my partner. Anytime he needs me, I'm there," DJ Jazzy Jeff said. "If it's like, 'Yo, we're out,' we're out. Let me know so I can make some arrangements and we're gone."

Posh P, Kon and Jakey like this.
    Posh P, Kon and Jakey like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Dec 13, 2015
    This is awesome.

[​IMG]

Mar 29, 2024
  3. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Dec 14, 2015