Wrestling WWE Wrestlemania 31 March 29th 7 pm est/4 pacific

Started by Kon, Mar 22, 2015, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Kon

Kon

Mar 31, 2015
    I agree the main event was very good, but do you agree with me that it was pretty much all cuz of Brock? I heard some people trying to give Reigns some credit and I don't get it, he did 2 or 3 moves lol. I only remember the superman punch and the spear.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  2. Balzter

Apr 1, 2015
    Brocks presence and character carried that match, they did the only match in my opinion that would not flop. Reigns was not ready to carry a WM main event, so having him have as little offense possible was perfect.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  3. Kon

Kon

Apr 3, 2015
    I heard someone say Reigns kicked out of 3 F5s, I thought it was 2 but I can't remember for sure. Did he really kick out of 3? If so that kinda pisses me off cuz 3 F5s is what it took to k--- Taker's streak and now they have someone barely even over like Reigns kick out of 3? Lol, what a joke.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  4. ComfortablyNumb

Apr 3, 2015
    I know Brock didn't go for a pin after the first one. Not sure how many were after that.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  5. ComfortablyNumb

Apr 3, 2015
    @Kon, Lesnar hit him with FOUR F5's, but only pinned him after two. He didn't go for a pin after the last one either because that's when Seth Rollins cashed in. So I guess technically two of those don't count but it's still ridiculous that he took that many.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  6. Kon

Kon

Apr 3, 2015
    d--- that is f---in crazy, they shouldn't have done more than 2 imo. So Reigns actually kicked out after a 3rd F5 then, d--- lol.

I can't help but wonder if we'll look back on this Mania and Reigns main eventing the same way people look back at WM27 with Miz main eventing. Sure seems that way but honestly Miz was at least more over with the crowd even if he wasn't a very good wrestler. Reigns was pushed too quickly and in a very forced predictable way, that's gonna hurt him long term I think.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  7. RBP

RBP

Apr 3, 2015
    I think WM31 gets too much hate on the net. To me i was a great Mania but maybe because i wasn't expecting much.
    the pre show was okay even tho i wished that Ryback or Mizdow would have won the Battle Royal big show truly deserve that win with his career coming to an end sooner or later.
    great decision to open the show with the ladder match wich had a few nice spots and a brilliant ending with the right winner to give the intercontinental title credibility. excited for all the bryan vs ziggler matches we get
    My personal Match of the evening Orton vs Rollins!! With the years Orton is just getting better and better like an old wine. that RKO...WOW
    Orton deserved that win and Rollins would get is moment later
    HHH vs Sting was just an epic WM Moment for every Fan of the Attitude Era and Monday Night Wars. totally marked out:) first and last time we saw DX vs NWO that was magic. most people thought Sting would win but at the end it really doesn't matter who won it
    Divas Match: cool that they get some more time, because they I really not that bad. have to say that nikkis is getting better in the ring and is a very good heel. they have some really good talents on the roster for the future(charlotte, sasha banks, Bailey)plus Natty Paige AJ and Paige
    US Champion Match: the outcome with Cena winning was clear. technically not the best Match but still good. Loved Rusevs entrance and Lana was smoking Hot like always. That Stunner from Cena was really creative!!the feud will go on and add some layers in Rusevs Character
    Wyatt vs Taker: Taker looked way better than last year. i was expecting more from this match but you could see that Bray was hurt. solid match wich was carried from the atmosphere. Really hope Sting/Taker happens at WM32
    Main Event: I loved it! can't say more. brilliant story was told in the ring. Brock did his thing Reigns showed some emotions and fought like a lion. and than a Cash Inn at the end of WM? f---ing brillant

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  8. Kon

Kon

Apr 3, 2015
    I haven't heard many people hate on it actually, most people seemed to enjoy it. What kinda sites or places are you hearing this hate from?

Also I didn't really say much about it when I posted my thoughts on Mania before but I loved that they did DX vs. NWO too, didn't expect that. Also gotta give Bray credit for working through his injury and putting on a very good match, apparently it was wrapped up in a cast all day until the match so must have been pretty serious.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  9. RBP

RBP

Apr 4, 2015
    On some different sites like wrestlezone and some german sites, but most people hating on the fact that triple h didn't put sting over or that Brock didn't retain the title and Cena. Your absolutely right on Bray Wyatt, not only because of the match i mean he carried the whole feud by himself with his incredible promos. I hope he gets a big win next WM

Oldboy likes this.
    Oldboy likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024