Wrestling WWE WrestleMania 34 (April 8, 7PM Eastern/4 Pacific)

Started by tomroe93, Apr 4, 2018, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Apr 9, 2018
    as someone who grew up a die hard wcw fan..and basically a huge goldberg fan..trust me, streaks are bad for the business...it opens up so much room now that its not a thing for her anymore

Sign Language likes this.
    Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. dna hits

Apr 9, 2018
    Ended up not watching last night wasn’t interested enough but watched a few of the matches I wanted to see this morning. It was cool seeing taker but as a match, it was very underwhelming and clear taker must can’t go a full match anymore, which is fine because he already left a mark on the business.

Aj’s match is what I expected. I will say the Wwe got me with Charolette winning but I was glad with the outcome. HHH/Steph and Kurt/Ronda match is about what I expected only HHH looked old and slow as f---. Ronda surprised me some and seemed more athletic than I’ve given her credit for.

And finally, very glad WWE went with Brock. I’ve said before I think Braun beating Brock would be a better business move. Or who knows at this point. Reigns put on a s-----y performance with Brock doing all the work.

Overall, a 4/10 show.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Kon

Kon

Apr 9, 2018
    Really thought it was a fantastic Mania, easily exceeded my expectations.

If someone besides Roman gets the main event spot next year and it's a similar PPV overall to this one, then I'll really have no complaints. Roman's now been in 4 straight main events and didn't really shine in any of them, also most of them were quite disappointing other than WM30 which only wasn't disappointing cuz of Rollins.

Charlotte and Asuka probably had MOTN, I thought AJ/Naka was too hyped from the beginning, it wasn't gonna live up to that hype but was still really good. The Ronda tag match was great all around.

Almost everyone did what they should've done, or exceeded expectations. I thought it was a great card and show, maybe a bit too long but I walked around a lot and took a few breaks so it worked out..plus you gotta expect Mania to be long.

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Kon

Kon

Apr 9, 2018
    This article says Brock/Roman wasn't just the worst match of the night, it was the worst Mania match of all time lol..

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/04/wrestlemania_34_was_lesnar-rei.html

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Alpha

Alpha

Apr 9, 2018
    @tomroe93 please tell us about your whole wrestlemania weekend experience from A to Z whenever you get the chance. We're eager to hear from you.

What were the best chants and the loudest chants?
    How did the crowd react to this and that? Etc

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Pinhead

Apr 10, 2018
    ...huh?

Killing Goldberg's streak might be the stupidest thing they ever did. It was all downhill from there.

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. Pinhead

Apr 10, 2018
    Lol this isn't fair at all. The match was built around Roman being destroyed. It's like the Bret/Austin thing where the idea is you feel sympathy for the guy who's getting killed. His job in that match was to sell and he sold his a--- off. He played his part in the match that they had laid out.

The match should not have happened, it shouldn't have been laid out that way, and it shouldn't have been the main event if it was booked. We could go back over the last four years and find countless things that shouldn't have happened, should've been changed for last night to be a success. It all boils down to Roman Reigns being over, but very little of anything Roman actually does plays into that. He's very good.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Apr 10, 2018
    Endig the streak wasnt the mistake. Its what followed

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. dna hits

Apr 10, 2018
    No he isn’t. And the beast is still the champ. No ones on his level. Rather see Kurt vs Brock with Kurt making him tap the more I think about it. I don’t want some mid card like reigns winning the title. Didn’t even watch this WrestleMania live and after seeing how lame the main even was other than Brock I don’t regret it. Pushing, forcing reigns just isn’t a good business move just look at the products downfall the last 4 years. And he hasn’t improved a single wrestling move since I’ve seen him start on raw. Worst WrestleMania I can remember watching. That Cena vs Miz year was bad too.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Apr 10, 2018
    Thought about it and I’m not that mad about Charlotte ending the streak anymore.

Big Dangerous and Kon like this.
    Big Dangerous and Kon like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. Pinhead

Apr 11, 2018
    You don't watch week to week so there's nothing I can really say here. His work speaks for itself. Being a good wrestler isn't about having cool moves. The product is doing significantly better business ($$$$) than they were four years ago. That's a fact.

Lol well yeah. Point is he was the most over guy in wrestling with no signs of slowing down and they killed him with a wacky finish at the wrong time. There's absolutely no reason the streak had to end when it did, how it did. Have him lose to DDP if that's the way they wanted to go, would have worked with how hot he was.

The streak wasn't a problem then. I don't really care about Asuka's now, so it wasn't a bad decision considering Charlotte's their girl.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Proto

Proto drippin so pretty

Apr 11, 2018
    bro roman is f---ing garbage and there's a large handful of guys who are much better suited to be the face of the company

Apr 26, 2024
  13. Kon

Kon

Apr 11, 2018
    The ‘Roman experiment’ or whatever you wanna call it has been a total disaster and a joke, not sure how anyone could defend his booking and the decisions involved even if you’re a fan of his.

He’s also been in crappy Mania main events 3 years in a row, really 4 if you don’t count the Rollins cash in.

WWE needs to move on, but guessing they won’t and Roman will win the title later this month... by the way how the f--- did he even get another title shot after getting his a--- beat the whole match? They just randomly gave it to him, doesn’t even make sense storyline wise lol.

Sign Language and dna hits like this.
    Sign Language and dna hits like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. Pinhead

Apr 11, 2018
    Who? AJ? Too old. Bryan? He's getting impact testing after every match. Joe isn't gonna be the face of your company. Braun isn't going to carry your next 5-10 years. Jeff is too old. Nak is too old and beaten down. Balor's getting up there in age too and they've long since killed his momentum for the time being. Seth Rollins? He'd have been my guy since 2015. If I woke up as Vince tomorrow, Seth/Cole/Gargano/Ricochet/Andrade/Drew and EC3 would all be my stars with Roman right there.

If you don't look at Roman Reigns and think "this guy is a superstar" idk what to tell you. Not my fault they don't know what to do with him. edit - and if you actually think he's garbage in the ring, you don't know what wrestling is.

I'm not and couldn't argue against any of this.

I'm strictly talking about Roman as a performer and how he's done with the material he's been presented with.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. Kon

Kon

Apr 11, 2018
    Guys I don’t wanna talk bout Roman anymore tbh I just wanna say a couple days later I feel it was a fantastic WrestleMania all around and greatly exceeded my expectations.

Well done WWE, I hate on them a ton at times but really feel they delivered on Sunday, well worth it taking the day off work and spending 7 hours on the couch lol.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. Proto

Proto drippin so pretty

Apr 11, 2018
    yeah man you got me, i have no idea what wrestling is. real wrestling is hitting a punch and spear. what a great ring technician.

Apr 26, 2024
  17. Pinhead

Apr 11, 2018
    ...so you just catch the finishes on Reddit? Lol

I'm not even saying he's great. I've said over and over that's he's good. You can't tell me Cena was better for the first decade of his career. He certainly wasn't having better matches.

edit

Or Orton. Or Batista.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Apr 11, 2018
    One of the worst wm in history

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. Proto

Proto drippin so pretty

Apr 11, 2018
    bro what are you talking about, not only were cena's matches better, he was actually f---ing over with a huge portion of the crowd and got reactions. roman's wrestlemania event was overshadowed by f---ing beach balls.

Kon and dna hits like this.
    Kon and dna hits like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Apr 11, 2018
    Cena reactions was kinda amazing. The amount of cheers and boos he kept getting is so good

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024