Wrestling WWE WrestleMania 34 (April 8, 7PM Eastern/4 Pacific)

Started by tomroe93, Apr 4, 2018, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Pinhead

Apr 11, 2018
    We've already established that this Roman Reigns push and Brock main event was a failure. That had to do with the circumstances of the match, which nobody cared about from the get go. Roman does get reactions, so I'm not sure if you're watching either. It's a lot less of a 50/50 split than it is with Cena, but people care when he's out there. He is moving merch and he is getting some of the biggest pops on house shows. If he was met with apathy, they wouldn't still be trying.

Cena was a better promo and more over for a while. It started to turn in 2006. Go watch New Years Revolution when Edge pinned him. Go watch the lead up to and including the WrestleMania 22 main event. Fans were dying for him to win. Shawn the next year. Randy was the champ the next.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Apr 11, 2018
    Cena was a million times more over than Roman during his initial push and a far FAR better mic worker and personality

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. tomroe93

Apr 11, 2018
    Okay I'm finally home, ask me anything

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. Kon

Kon

Apr 11, 2018
    Well what are your overall thoughts on the show? I thought it was great and easily the best Mania since 30 and maybe longer than that, but others in here like Koolo thought it was awful.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. tomroe93

Apr 11, 2018
    I thought it was fun, just too d--- long. The crowd was pretty calm during the pre-show but came alive once the main show started. Jinder winning s----d the energy out of the building for a brief moment but HHH/Steph vs Kurt/Ronda being up next quickly livened things back up. I don't think anyone gave a f--- about the Smackdown Tag Title match. The Undertaker's return was cool as h---, but it sucks that his match wasn't even 3 minutes long. After DB/Shane vs KO and Sami the crowd kind of died, and we tried to come alive for AJ/Nakamura but overall it was just a really disappointing match and didn't get much reaction until Shinsuke's heel turn. The crowd LOVED the Nicholas s---. Once Brock/Roman started no one gave a s---. There was people leaving while they were making their entrances. Beach balls were running wild everywhere and no one was really watching the match at all until Roman got busted open. Brock winning came as a surprise but still no one gave a s--- and everyone in our section started leaving immediately after the bell rang. Idk how long they kept the cameras rolling after the match but it felt like it took at least 10 minutes to get out of our section and outside of the Superdome and the outside pyro had just started going off when we got outside.

I definitely want to experience Mania again, this time being better prepared financial wise so I can have some better seats at the events. I wish they would break the even into two days or make it shorter though. I hit Bourbon Street and got a little s-----y before the event, but I didn't drink at all once we got there, so by the time the 8 hours were up I was just exhausted and wanted to sleep.

Alpha, Username, Raziel and 2 others like this.
    Alpha, Username, Raziel and 2 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. dna hits

Apr 16, 2018
    ^Below average review yet again it was overall a horrible WM so idk much you could say about it

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024