Your Personal Favorite Albums?

Started by Enez, Jul 15, 2019, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Altereagle416

Jul 20, 2019
    I remember playing the f--- out of that album. Even friends who heard it asked me to borrow it.

I kind of agree that they were a little too similar to JMT but that’s also why they were great as part of Army of the Pharaohs.

You know what it is actually, it’s that they were the only Christians in AOTP and I related to them growing up in a Latin American Christian household.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Poster on the internet

Jul 20, 2019
    Bishop Lamont - The Reformation
    The Chemical Brothers - Further
    El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
    Fatboy Slim - You've Come a Long Way, Baby
    Kirzz Kaliko - Kickin' & Screamin'
    Muse - Absolution
    The Prodigy - Fat Of The Land
    Radiohead - Kid A
    Sia - 1000 Forms of Fear
    Torii Wolf - Flow Riiot

Tried to think of ones I probably haven't mentioned. Artists like Nas, Eminem*, Royce, Run the Jewels, Radiohead have enough good albums that they are in a pretty constant rotation. Ces Cru too actually. The Strokes are great but I don't listen to them an awful lot.

*I've listened to Relapse countless times, normally in some form of playlist. Probably more than any other Eminem album now.

Apr 25, 2024
  3. Buddha

Jul 20, 2019
    Shut Em Down the Onyx album? If so, props man.

I still listen to this album every few months or so. It always brings me right back to my high school days smoking blunts and drinking OE 40s outside in the middle of winter haha

This album was the first time I ever heard 50 cent too.

Fire Squad, Ordinary Joel and BIGFOOT like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Jul 20, 2019
    That's the one, mate. It was the first album from Onyx that I checked out... What an album wheew. Rob and Vic, Veronica, Raze it up etc classic material.

haha fair play man. They had mad amounts of talent and that aggression they have is insane.

50 killed the feature shame he only had 8 bars or so on it though. The video is dope too.

Fire Squad, Ordinary Joel and Buddha like this.
    Fire Squad, Ordinary Joel and Buddha like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. Buddha

Jul 20, 2019
    Funny you mentioned some songs cause I was originally gonna mention how the album has so many different types of songs, but I ended up deleting it from my post. The album has the club/party songs like react and ghetto Starz to storytelling with rob & vic and Veronica, plus all the prototypical onyx songs you’d expect like raze it up and street nigguz.

It’s a phenomenal album. Onyx purists will argue that bacdafucup or all we got iz us are better than shut Em down. They might be right, but I feel like with shut em down they figured out how to balance their hardcore sound with more polished production and songs to make a better overall album.

Either way, onyx was the s---.

Edit: forgot a word.

Ordinary Joel and BIGFOOT like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. BIGFOOT

Jul 20, 2019
    Ayyy facts

Have you bumped the s--- they dropped a couple years back, I forget the name of the album smh.

Edit: I think It's called Wakedafucup

Buddha and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. Buddha

Jul 20, 2019
    Not really. And to be honest, I completely forgot about it. I accidentally discovered it last year, added it to my library, and maybe skimmed through a couple songs real quick. But I forgot to actually listen to it.

Do you like it? I’ll probably listen sometime tomorrow if I have time now that you mentioned it.

Apr 25, 2024
  8. BIGFOOT

Jul 20, 2019
    It isn't as good as Shut Em Down, but It's definitely worth checking out, my man.

Apr 25, 2024