You're the Worst (fxx)

Started by Epitome, Nov 18, 2015, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Nov 18, 2015
    Anybody else watch this?

What on the surface looked like just another stupid cookie cutter comedy actually had a very funny first season and while I expected more of the same this season the show instead did something quite remarkable.

While still funny, the second season is low key putting out some of the better drama I've seen on tv this year. They've changed from a pure comedy to a show handling some serious topics in very a real way. It's rare enough to see a show switch gears like they have, but even more rare to pull it off in such a successful way...I've been impressed.

I assume most of you haven't seen it so if you are looking for a new show give it a try.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  2. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Nov 18, 2015
    I've never watched a show go from a will they/won't they to a now what the way this one has. I like what they've done with Gretchen's character, but I feel like she's the only character they've really cared about this season. Definitely worth watching for the joke writing and the daring little things they try.

Epitome likes this.
    Epitome likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  3. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Nov 18, 2015
    I've only seen the first season; it's ok.. might check out the 2nd season one of these days

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  4. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Nov 19, 2015
    Agreed...and its sucks because I feel like they dont promote it in the right way but they do some very unique things. The episode a couple weeks ago with Andy from Weeds where she's spying on the other couple was one of my favorite this year from any show.

Charlie Work likes this.
    Charlie Work likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024