A$AP A$AP Rocky promises "New Waves, New Swag" on new album [Coming This Year]

Started by Ricky, Sep 29, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Sep 29, 2017
    ASAP Rocky has been silently plotting his next album, the follow up to 2015’s At. Long. Last. ASAP. Rocky hasn’t released too much solo music since then, although he has been popping up here or there on ASAP Mob group and solo projects. But looks like the Harlem born rapper has been working hard on the new album lately.

ASAP Rocky was in London recently where he’s promoting his joint venture with Selfbridges in creating a New York style bodega pop-up shop that will sell merchandise items, candy, treats, card holders, bags and more. There, he spoke with Standard on the new venture, his fashion adventures and new music.

Rocky talked about how he loves recording in London, “It’s just special to me for some reason. I’m just… I express myself way better when I’m in an environment that allows me to be. When I’m here, for the most part, I’m in a peaceful, creative environment and I’m testing the waters and making new music, messing around with new sounds and anything that’s innovative.” He revealed that the new album is due out before the end of the year.

The star of the Mob said that he’s “been working a lot with my boy Skepta, just exchanging energy and vibes in a brotherly way”. “This new album is just basically like all my albums: evolved,” contiued Rocky. “They’ve been missing me, they’ve been waiting for me, they need some new music, they need some new sounds, new waves, new swag, new everything. And who’s the man you go to for that? Yours truly. So I’m back, like I never left.”

TL:DR - Rocky about to drop new album this year with "new waves, new swag".

IN!

Apr 26, 2024
  2. Juan Pablo

Sep 29, 2017
    IN!
    :feedme:

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. RobTheDude

RobTheDude This that Bada$$-assination

Sep 29, 2017
    He develops his sound on each album in a new direction anyways. This was expected

Apr 26, 2024