Eminem A Stan’s honest thoughts on Revival

Started by Ghostdogg, Dec 18, 2017, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Ghostdogg

Dec 18, 2017
    “It's true, I'm a Rubik's, a beautiful mess
    At times juvenile, yes, I goof and I jest

A flawed human, I guess...

Starting my first full listen of Revival thinking “this is another usual Eminem LP” was one of the biggest mistakes I’ve made this year.

I think the fragment I quoted earlier describes Revival the best. At it’s core Revival is just “a beautiful mess” that captures all the elements that made Eminem one of the best rappers that ever touched a microphone.

Starting with the promotion, or more likely the lack of it, no videos, unappealing singles, news being randomly premiered by fan pages and at last, the music, Revival is at it’s core Marshall’s most personal and mature body of work to date.

Ever since 2002 we were looking at every new Eminem album searching for that greatness that gave us 3 classics in a time span of only 3 years, but I think we’ve tackled this from a wrong point of view.

Revival takes you to a bumpy ride every listen. There is always something new and it’s the first time in a long time when the pop features or “love” songs actually have real content taken from his life and experiences.

I think the general hate comes from the fact that the masses are not paying attention to meaning... we live in a fast era, in a time when nothing lasts long enough to be actually appreciated and like someone here said it’s really sad that this amazing album will be slept on.

Really looking forward for what will come after this.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024