Eminem A Stan's Track by Track reaction/review

Started by Base Reality, Dec 13, 2017, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Base Reality

Base Reality AKA Chewie

Dec 13, 2017
    Walk on Water 8/10
    If we didn't have this song we would've thought this album was a joke, but no he's literally "doing his best"

Believe 9/10
    Finally we have Eminem over modern production, this song actually got me excited for the rest of the album. Yes I still believed in you Marshall way to f--- it up later.

Cloraseptic 7/10
    And the dope production continues (for now). This is Eminem trying to make a rap hit in 2017, some parts of it work, some don't. Probably would be better with Chainz and Phresher verse (let's hope for the remix). I don't mind the cringe lines in this one for some reason.

Untouchable 5/10
    Song is not as bad as some people say. Doesn't go well at this point of the album though. Could've definitely been executed better. Part II drags on way too long.

River 8/10
    Ed sounds great. Em is alright. Can see this being a radio hit. Ed makes it an 8/10.

Remind Me (Intro) 0/10
    f---ing pointless. What the h--- was this.

Remind Me 5/10
    I actually liked this one till I heard it again on 'Heat'. Hook is good, verses start going full on Encore for the first time on the album but for some reason I can't seem to dislike this even though I know it's s---.

Revival (Interlude) 1/10
    Makes no f---ing sense at all, what was the point of this? How is this the title track? Thought it made it make sense going into the rest of the album but it absolutely didn't.

Like Home 2/10
    If you're gonna diss him at least do it authentically instead of trying to make it a f---ing pop hit. This song comes after "Revival (Interlude)" This is when the album REALLY starts losing consistency.

Bad Husband 9/10
    We all knew what this song was going to be. What's surprising is that it is actually executed good. Really is a highlight on the album.

Tragic Endings 4/10
    Well it was better than a------, lol. Actually a------ had better verses. And this was obviously recorded years ago right? I don't mind Eminem in this song and the beat is alright but the hook doesn't make sense with the rest of it. I don't get this one.

Framed 9/10
    Oh, man. This was great. The beat is straight groovy. This is Relapse without the accents. This is the Eminem I miss. The verses and the hook give me nostalgic feels from Devils Night era Eminem. Makes me want another Relapse album with no accents.

Nowehere Fast 4/10
    UGH. THESE SONGS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE. You could put this album on shuffle and it would flow better than the way they have it not. Going nowhere fast because of terrorist attacks? or a unnamed relationship? am i missing something? not impressed. Also beat and hook is trash.... some nice lines by Em and the message was almost good

Heat 3/10
    Haven't I already heard this song? Another rock song beat? Reminds me a lot of So Far... At this point I'm really doubting the album, the f---ing pop songs and the f---ing rock songs god dammit... some funny lines though saves it from being a 1

Offended 7.5/10
    Dope beat, makes sense after the rock beat right? such an inconsistent album. While this song is gonna get a lot of hate for the pointless rhymes and cringe lines, but that's the whole point. That being said, I love it. Hook is great btw.

Need Me 2/10
    Hey pop is back! Hey terrible beat! Hey Pink! okay Pink. go away pink! pink is still singing! is this a pink song? there's Mashall's voice in the background! Pink takes over again! Half way into the song comes Em's verse which actually sounds like it may be a good verse to bad its A f---ing PINK SONG ON AN EMINEM ALBUM

In Your Head 5.5/10
    Holy f--- we have Rock again. I swear this album is 1/3 rock, 1/3 pop, 1/3 rap. The sampled hook is f---ing terrible but the verses aren't bad. Would've been much better if Em did the hook himself which is a rare occurrence nowadays. :emoji_slight_frown:

Castle 10/10
    Koolo was right about this being the best song album. Em has shown flashes of this since his hiatus but this is the closest he's ever been to his prime. I can't believe were believe this is coming after the inconsistent mess that came before this.

Arose 10/10
    Wow. I'm speechless. Such a vivid picture is painted, then it goes back into Castle wow. So this it? Last album? These 2 songs are literally the best there's been in years. Where was this for the whole album come on Em.

Remember this just what I thought after a 1st listen. I'm sure there's a lot I missed anyways it's obvious this is the Encore of his post-hiatus. The highs are great and the lows are f---ing terrible and it's so inconsistent.

camptech, Mraczewsky and Macca like this.
    camptech, Mraczewsky and Macca like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Knox

Dec 13, 2017
    What? Sample is goat.

tomroe93, afghaniStan and zipp39 like this.
    tomroe93, afghaniStan and zipp39 like this.
    Apr 26, 2024