Anderson .Paak Has a New Single Produced by Jahlil Beats

Started by Ordinary Joel, Oct 20, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Oct 20, 2017
    http://djbooth.net/news/entry/2017-10-19-anderson-paak-jahlil-beats-new-single

By DJ Z | Posted October 19, 2017

"It’s a different vibe, too. It’s a hard record. He’s going to shock y’all."

[​IMG]

He didn't provide us with a title or a release date but in his Beat Break interview with our own Andy James, veteran producer Jahlil Beats revealed that not only did he produce Anderson .Paak's new single, but that he has multiple credits on his forthcoming album.

"I just did Anderson .Paak’s new single," Jahlil told James. "It’s a different vibe, too. It’s a hard record. He’s going to shock y’all. I got about three or four on his album."

A different vibe? A hard record? I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Earlier this year, fans got a taste of what .Paak would sound like over Jahlil's production when the 29-year-old reworked Anderson's Hi-Tek-produced single "Come Down," featuring ScHoolboy Q and Ty Dolla $ign.

It's been exactly 644 days since Anderson .Paak released his outstanding sophomore album Malibu, a project that earned the Oxnard, California native two GRAMMY nominations earlier this year. Since then, the 31-year-old has released a collaborative project with Knxwledge as NxWorries (with a remix album on the way) and teased music with Dr. Dre, Flying Lotus, Chance The Rapper and ScHoolboy Q.

As for Jahlil, in addition to working with .Paak and wrapping up his own album, the Chester, Pennsylvania native will also be making an appearance on The Roots' final album, End Game.

"Look out for me on The Roots' album," he said. "It’s like that ‘Crocodile Python’-type vibe."

@PaakSXN

threee, Goldy and Ricky like this.
    threee, Goldy and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Oct 20, 2017
    Video is unavailable

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024