Björk Talks Lost Wu-Tang Collaboration: “What We Made Was Magic”

Started by Ordinary Joel, Nov 26, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Nov 26, 2017
    https://pitchfork.com/news/bjork-ta...n-what-we-made-was-magic/?mbid=social_twitter

by Amanda Wicks
    Associate Staff Writer
    ELECTRONIC
    POP/R&B
    RAP

NOVEMBER 24 2017

“In my eyes, they’re punk.”

[​IMG]

Björk has opened up about a lost collaboration with the Wu-Tang Clan. In a new interview with FACT Magazine, she discussed wanting to have RZA contribute beats to her 1997 album Homogenic. After that didn’t pan out, Björk flew to New York to meet the group. “We wrote a couple of songs together,” she said. “Sometimes when you do things and you don’t plan them it’s magic. And I really think what we made was magic. But I think because it wasn’t part of the whole Homogenic thing and it wasn’t part of what Wu-Tang were doing at the time, it was better as an idea, if that makes any sense?”

Björk added that she later connected with the group at an event at Tower Records. “I was signing books for an hour, and they sent some of their team, standing there with me,” she explained. “That was one of my all-time favourite moments: I had been on my own, so when they turned up I felt very protected. It was magic.” She continued, “In my eyes, they’re punk. We are definitely [similar]—we do things in, like, a ritual way.” Read the full interview here.

Björk’s new album Utopia arrived today. She’ll be in conversation with Pitchfork contributor Amanda Petrusich on November 28 as part of our “In Sight Out” series. Find more details about that event here.

pop and Ricky like this.
    pop and Ricky like this.
    Apr 26, 2024