Film Blade Runner 2049 Certified Fresh RT

Started by Deadpool, Oct 8, 2017, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Oct 8, 2017

Apr 24, 2024
  2. Yoda777

Oct 8, 2017
    heard I should watch in IMAX, these facts?

Ordinary Joel and Deadpool like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Oct 8, 2017
    I might check it out.. I didn't really like the original too much, so idk if I'll like this one

Apr 24, 2024
  4. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Oct 8, 2017
    yep heard its good in imax visuals must be amazing

The Gooch, Ordinary Joel and Yoda777 like this.
    The Gooch, Ordinary Joel and Yoda777 like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. LasiK

LasiK d-mn fine coffee

Oct 10, 2017
    Here are my short thoughts on Blade Runner 2049. Down to discuss in-depth with anyone.

Blade Runner being my favourite film ever, I went in excited but hesitant. I had shivers during the opening scenes, but once the story started to unfold I started seeing it objectively, rather than as an extension of the original....which puts me in a small dilemma.

2049's plot, in general, IS an extension of the original. It's true sequel in the sense that the driving story elements tie directly in with the OG...but I think I would've preferred a self contained plot.

The original Blade Runner always stood out to me because the world existed prior to our viewpoint of the characters. We just witnessed one story out of a million. 2049 has a reliance on the continuity of the first, which kind of puts it in a box of where it can go and the ideas it can explore. The plot became coincidental. I didn't like that.

I would've rather had a new story in the same universe. There was some interesting world-building at hand (Replicants openly acting as Blade Runners, serial codes embedded within the eyes — effectively voiding the Voight Kampff machine which was already starting to show its limitations in the original when testing Rachel, Tyrell being bought out, etc.) but it was squandered by the fact that the story was tied to the original.

I'm looking forward to another viewing, but it won't be another trip to the cinema. I'll have to do a double feature when it comes out on Blu-Ray.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Oct 11, 2017
    I saw this high...

The best thing about this movie is the visuals, settings and the lighting. Everything about it gives you this sense of a world that is cold, mechanical and controlled by nature due to it's favoring of saturated colors and inky blacks. Nothing in the movie is brightly lit or framed to give you a sense of safety, everything in the Blade Runner world is dangerous, scary and even deadly.

The plot itself is good, I could understand the tonality of a guy who's been created to serve this one purpose yet manages to realize the truth about himself. I haven't seen the original Blade Runner so to me, this felt like seeing Blade Runner for the first time. This guy's life serves as a window to how twisted the Blade Runner world is, nobody's given any luxuries and are forced to hawk at food vending machines like animals and those that can afford luxuries are only given one choice, that of the Wallace Corporation which really nails the f----- up nature of that world.

This is not a traditional movie. A lot of the film is guided by the visuals and the set design with the plot being secondary. The main reason it's 3 hours long is to give your eye time to analyze every detail and let the world get inside of your mind. Casual viewers will be pissed there's not enough plot scenes but then again, you don't go to Blade Runner 2049 for the plot; you go to Blade Runner 2049 to watch the visuals, camerawork, set design and ultimately... the world.

I've seen The Martian, I know about Alien: Covenant but none of those movies had that appeal or feeling for me. Ridley Scott's true work lies within Blade Runner 2049 and it's amazing what he can do when given a film where he doesn't feel the need to constrain himself. This may go down as one of the most expensive niche films ever but filmmakers will look back at this and get an idea of how to make a modern film without compromising anything when it comes to the creative concept.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. Proto

Proto drippin so pretty

Oct 11, 2017
    this movie is literally 10/10

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  8. Bourbon Ben

Bourbon Ben Mad pooper

Oct 11, 2017
    Ridley Scott didn't direct this lol @Autistic Meme

The Gooch likes this.
    The Gooch likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  9. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Oct 11, 2017
    Thank you... I should do more research beforehand. I did watch the movie but I thought Ridley Scott directed this because everything I saw felt like him.

Bourbon Ben likes this.
    Bourbon Ben likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  10. The Gooch

The Gooch Gucci FlipFlops (aka Rap Game's Steven Adams)

Oct 13, 2017
    great movie

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024