Do rappers fall off or do fans burn out?

Started by King Tadpole, Dec 14, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. King Tadpole

King Tadpole Arizona Sky LP by Tadpole

Dec 14, 2017
    I've had this conversation in several instances. And just to clarify. There are plenty of people who simply don't like the new material that the artist creates, and that's fine. However, when I see a pattern of people saying "this artist is trash. everything they've made in the past 5-10 years is garbage" (because things have to be all or nothing for drama), it seems they've already made up their mind regardless of what the artist puts out.

By no means am I suggesting that people should appreciate an artist's new material for any reason at all. But rather, I wish people would just be honest about why they don't like the new material. Often times, it has more to do with the fact they've lost interest in that artist than the artist being trash.

People got tired of Nas after the early 2000's. They said they didn't like him because he got too political. He comes out with Life is Good, and nobody seems to care. Well after the Carter III, Wayne has still made plenty of songs with great wordplay, sprinkled throughout his mixtapes and albums (despite being supposedly trash and losing all of his talent). However, people simply don't have the time and patience to find those songs. Is that a problem? Absolutely not. But just be honest that it's because you stopped caring about Wayne instead of saying that he totally lost his lyrical talent. Eminem has at least 20 songs in his post-hiatus catalogue that could hang alongside his prime albums, but they'll never be classics like his songs were when his fans were younger and angrier.

I say burn out because this typically happens with rappers that achieve such a high level of fame and dominance that people become over-exposed to their material and they become engraved in that era itself. (i.e. if Rick Ross put out Magna Carta Holy Grail, people wouldn't be calling it trash).

People should be more clear about which of their dislikes are the artist's fault and which are simply just a case of the person moving on.

SleepyGhost likes this.
    SleepyGhost likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. ismail ghedamsi

Dec 14, 2017
    Fans who always defend artists also don't give any arguments and start insulting people who criticize the new direction of those artists.
    I'm a fan of Tech N9ne and I think his new albums are bad.My arguments is that 3 of the 4 more important things in the rap got worst his new beats are generic and boring,his flows used to be more dynamic and more original now it's so predictable and the hooks are really cringy .
    To know that I'm not completely against change I still enjoy every album of Brotha Lynch Hung who change his style.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024