Eminem Eminem admits that the scene e came out as gay took multiple takes

Started by Gustavo Jax, Apr 22, 2023, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Gustavo Jax

Apr 22, 2023
    Eminem admitted he struggled to get through a movie scene in which he satrically came out as gay because James Franco was 'so f-cking funny'.

The 'Lose Yourself' rapper, who is known for using the f-word slur in his music, had a cameo appearance as himself in the 2014 comedy film The Interview starring Seth Rogen and James Franco.
    The two actors portray journalists who set up an interview with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un (played by Randall Park) and are then recruited by the CIA to assassinate him.

A year after the film came out, Slim Shady had a very real interview with Sway Calloway on his radio show Sway in the Morning where he spoke about filming the absurd scene with Franco.

"Yo, I gotta tell you, man: James Franco was so f-cking funny," the rapper told Sway. "I couldn't - it was very hard. There was a few takes where we had to stop, like, I couldn't stop laughing."

Franco was apparently so 'animated' Em didn't think he'd be able to keep up. "He [Franco] was so animated and it was like, d---, I wanna be the funny one here," he the best selling rapper admitted. "And he was killin' it."
    In the wild scene, journalist Dave Skylark (Franco) sits down with the Detroit native to chat about his new album. The whole moment pokes fun at the fact the Oscar-winning songwriter includes offensive words in his lyrics and the fake interview zeroes in on words targeting the elderly.

“Die old b-tch, die! Before I murder you,” Em declares in one of the fake lines from the song.

“Well first of all, when I rap I feel like people twist my words,” he replies without any facial expressions.

He then comes out in the most nonchalant way, which makes the team behind the camera second guess if they heard him correctly. “When I say things about gay people, if people think that my lyrics are homophobic, it’s because I’m gay,” Eminem says in character.

Skylark naturally asks Eminem to clarify what he meant, to which Slim Shady doubles down and confirms ‘I am a h----------’ which leads to ‘gay Twitter blowing up’ and ‘the greatest moment in gay history’, according to news producer Aaron Rapaport (Rogen).

Eminem has previously denied that his lyrics are homophobic and he addressed the controversy around them in an interview with journalist Anderson Cooper in 2010.

When asked directly if he dislikes gay people, Eminem replied: “No, I don't have any problem with nobody. You know what I mean? I'm just like whatever.”

Wreckless likes this.
    Wreckless likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Apr 22, 2023
    Who cares

Evad and Crookedeye like this.
    Evad and Crookedeye like this.
    Apr 24, 2024