Eminem Eminem as motivation

Started by Spatula, Dec 16, 2017, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Dec 16, 2017
    I feel like Eminem's life is underrated as a motivational story. We forget how f----- up his life was.

You all know this, but when you stop and think about it, his life seems like a superhero origin story, all full of drama, tragedies and other horrible stuff happening.

Born into a f----- up family, mother 16, father a deadbeat who left them, mother unable to provide proper home environment, addicted to pills, mistreating her kids, poor as h---, white in a predominately black community.
    His uncle and close friend Ronnie committed suicide, that's bound to leave a dent on young Marshall.
    Constant fighting with his mother, being kicked out of the house a lot, broke.
    Having a daughter at an early age unable to provide for her, panic, pursuing rap which could have easily backfired.
    Drama with Kim and her cutting her wrists.
    Drug addiction which almost killed him. His best friend being killed which pushed the addiction further.

Throughout all this, most important being his dangerous addiction at the time when a major tragedy struck him, he managed to pull himself out and quit drugs. Got clean, got out of that severe depression he was in (Encore - 2007 songs clearly show this depression), picked himself up. After all this he seems like a generally happy person, he's always cracking jokes and being stupid in interviews for the fun of it. He's certainly in a much better place now than he was.

Think about it. So many celebrities die of drug overdose because they're unable to control themselves and manage their life, fame, stress, etc. If Eminem died of overdose nobody would have been surprised, everything was pointing to it happening. I'm amazed he managed to pull himself out of all this and still be alive today, honestly. I'm not the one for motivational stories, but his persistence is inspiring.

Fearless and SleepyGhost like this.
    Fearless and SleepyGhost like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. lyricsmode

lyricsmode heavy duty like diarrhea

Dec 16, 2017
    I still think this is one of the reasons (along with Proof’s death, and his daughters) Eminem hasn’t succumbed to drug addiction or contemplated suicide seriously. He knows he’s an inspiration. Even if you can’t stand his modern music or his old, people look up to the dude.

h---, i look up to Eminem and his overall message, doesn’t mean I love every song.
    But without the fans that need him, his daughters, and without seeing what Proof’s death did to his own well-being, I think he would have already been dead

Spatula and SleepyGhost like this.
    Spatula and SleepyGhost like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. SleepyGhost

SleepyGhost Banned

Dec 16, 2017
    Before i beated my depression i used to compare my life story to eminems and cry

Spatula likes this.
    Spatula likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024