Fitness Thread

Started by G H I L, Apr 16, 2018, in Life Add to Reading List

1. G H I L

G H I L I’m the black Christian Grey

Apr 16, 2018
    Didn’t see this thread anywhere else. Is anyone else on here trying to get into powerlifting or anything related?

Feel free to drop gym playlists, diets, or programs

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    0 0
    Mar 3, 2021
  2. Scarlet G

Jun 25, 2018
    Hi! :) I just love powerlifting! :emoji_heart_eyes:

How long have you been training? It's almost year and a half for me. :)

Hmmm.. my program varies because I think it's important to mix and match it a bit for better results. Let's say that, in general, I go to the gym four times a week and I decide on the spot which exercises I'm going to do for that day. The sets that work best for me are barbell deadlift, dumbbell bench press, chin ups, barbell squat (probably my favourite, since my lower body is a bit problematic :emoji_smirk:), and dumbbell shoulder press. It took me at least 6 months to figure out the combination of exercises that work best for me but it paid off in the end.

It also took me some time to realize that I have to be extra careful about clothes and gear I use, because I experienced issues and pain with my wrists and ankles. That almost made me give up powerlifting, because I thought my body just wasn't build for that kind of presure). Then some very helpful people down at my gym noticed I'm having struggles so they told me what to get. Once I geared myself up with my comfy tights (important to find a really quality tights or shorts, not too fitted and not too loose), a pair of bodybuilding shoes, and inevitable wrist straps, the sky was the limit. Oh yes, what helps a lot when it's hot are weightlifting gloves, they tighten your grip.

The meals are a different story. I'm still struggling to find a perfect diet, especially meals before my gym session. I always feel that I'm either too full and bloated, or I get hungry somewhere in the middle. Any suggestions? :emoji_relaxed:

0 0
    Mar 3, 2021
Tags: