I'm thinking of starting a Hip-Hop Music Blog!

Started by xNoirx, Apr 26, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. xNoirx

Apr 26, 2017
    A few friends have wanted me to start one and after showing them a couple mock-ups and receiving positive feedback, I’m seriously considering the idea. However, I need all the feedback that I can get. To avoid the LOL DIDN’T READ memes, I’ll only include a snippet of a piece I wrote titled: Lil Uzi Vert: What He Represents & Why He Isn’t Garbage. So here it is:

You don’t have to enjoy Mr. Vert as much as I have, but please don’t bring up that verse. Yes, you know what verse I’m referring to. You don’t have to like him, but trash? Other than that “Bad & Boujee” verse, his abysmal Perfect Luv Tape and forgettable collaboration with Gucci himself, he has good music out there. The examples I’ve listed have come from this past year, which may seem like he’s fallen off. But after releasing a few songs recently, thinking that seems to prove people wrong these days. But I get it, in a group of Lil Yachty, 21 Savage, Kodak Black, etc. Uzi seems to be the one that people hate the most, (assuming we’ve forgotten Kodak’s incredible claim last year). In all seriousness, can we put behind the fact that he wrote, recorded and put out the worst verse I’ve ever heard in my entire life and let me explain why I see appeal?

I’m just going to come right out and say it, Lil Uzi Vert is a f---ing geek. Like seriously, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was one of those kids that got beat up at school. I mean, one of his music videos is heavily inspired by Japanese culture like anime and manga. Not only that, but another one of his videos is just a bunch of clips from multiple anime shows. The best part of all of this, is that clearly, he doesn’t hide what he likes. Seeing as how these kinds of people normally only hangout with each other, it’s great to see one of them garner mainstream success.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Apr 26, 2017
    It's an okay snippet. Not very illuminating about Vert. Pretty obvious stuff. Rather informal as well. Just make a Wordpress and publish your own stuff. No need to sweat it.

Apr 25, 2024
  3. xNoirx

Apr 29, 2017
    bump

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. Relax

Apr 29, 2017
    If you do make it don't expect it take off for a while. There are literally so many blogs and they all do the same thing. Try to do unique articles and do spotlights of underground favorites to build up a fan base or something.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024