Help Internet Rappers - I Need Some Advice

Started by DJ Lithium, Feb 19, 2019, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. DJ Lithium

DJ Lithium "The Cool Cats" - The Lith-Meister

Feb 19, 2019
    Whattup

So ive just written my very first rap song. And im confidant enough now to record the s---. Just wondering what the best mic is to get to record my vocals?

Would something like this give me some nice clean vocals?

https://www.jbhifi.co.nz/headphones-speakers-audio/blue/blue-yeti-usb-microphone-blackout/334497/

Appreciate any help you can give me here

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. DJ Lithium

Feb 20, 2019

Nay Nay likes this.
    Nay Nay likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Nay Nay

Nay Nay naynaymusic.com

Feb 20, 2019
    When it comes to getting nice clean vocals, you don't necessarily need a mic worth thousands of dollars. You can get studio quality recordings from even low-end mics if you or someone you know is talented with mixing and mastering tracks. A condenser mic is a good choice for recording vocals, such as the one you have linked, however I would recommend going a slightly different route if you're considering taking things seriously. Rather than getting just a usb mic that plugs directly into your computer, I would recommend getting what is called an interface. The interface plugs into your computer and has different adjustment options and allows mics and instruments to be plugged into it. Most music stores sell home recording packages that include a mic, a cable, an interface, and headphones all for approximately the same price of what you are looking at (https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/focusrite-scarlett-2i2-studio-pack-2nd-gen as an example). They have lower quality and higher quality packages depending on what you want, but a majority of people won't be able to tell the difference between if you record on a thousand dollar mic and a couple hundred dollar mic. I would highly recommend getting a pop filter, those typically cost only around $15. And if your recording space echos a lot I would recommend getting a vocal shield or some studio foam. Again, those can range drastically in prices, but even the most basic can help improve the recordings. I don't know anything about that mic you specifically linked, but a good rule of thumb is to just do research on whatever you are considering buying and checking out what people say in the product reviews.

Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. DJ Lithium

Feb 24, 2019
    Thanks bro appreciate the advice. Ive done a bit of research into the blue yeti, Seems to be all good for rapping if you get a pop filter for it. Im good enough with producing to improve whatever the output is from it so ill give it a go.

I wrote a song about some f---ing bs thats been going on in my life over the last couple weeks. Its the only thing ive ever written, so once ive recorded it id like to send it to you for a bit of feedback if your ok with that?

FiveOh1 likes this.
    FiveOh1 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Nay Nay

Nay Nay naynaymusic.com

Feb 24, 2019
    Yeah man, for sure! Send it my way when you do!

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024