Eminem Just a fan "review"

Started by Android, Dec 16, 2017, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Android

Android Just another Stan coder

Dec 16, 2017
    Well, it's been 3 days of listening (just about) and I'm ready to pass decent judgement on this. I'm not big on the whole rating crap, I can't see what I can use it for when listening tbh - "Oh yeah this track now, that's a 6/10 one".... yup, I don't get it, probably too old (40 years old).

I already know I'm liking this a lot better than MMLP2 even if I didn't mind that album, it was just too throw away to keep listening to but it did have some nice tracks, again, just too disposable over time.

I wasn't one of those r-----s just running from thread to thread to write "trash", it obviously wasn't even from first listening, but you didn't hear a hit song anywhere and the tracks all seemed inaccessable at first listen. I was also ready for a whole album with the stop-n-go to be completely gone and was at first annoyed that I kept hearing it so yeah, the disappointment was real.

Had it not been for a few tracks that seemed interesting from the very start to my ear: "Like home", "Bad husband", "Cast" and "Arose" (Walk on Water I already liked) I might have overreacted or just acted like a brat and done the whole "trash"-thing or tried being cool with a meme-photo. But These tracks did connect with me right away. I am overall a bit surprised with the lack of love Bad Husband is getting but tastes differ of course.

After a few listens Believe started becoming so amazing to listen to and so hope was alive for other tracks to come to life.

I won't go into every track but I've read so much hate about "Offended" and this one has grown on me as a geniuenly fun track with so many great lines that bring a smile to my face.

I also wanna say that I am finding nothing in these tracks: "Tragic Endings" and "Need Me" - NOTHING! HELP ME?!?! I think these are absolutely cookie cutter tracks that should have been bonus tracks or something instead.

"Heat" and "Remind me" are kinda mandatory tracks that are in no way master pieces by any stretch of the imagination but the joan jet riff makes it listenable on one and Heat is just goes down easy. These tracks I won't be listening to after a while for sure.

So, skipping the whole rating OCD craze that this board loves, I'll just say that I like the album. I'm listening and enjoying it. For how long is up in the air. It's impossible for me to also choose one album over the other but I'm an MMLP fan first and foremostt so I'll choose that album over any other. And Eminem definately made a much greater effort on this album than with MMLP2 and even if this album will not be considered one of his classics I think a lot of people here are just acting like spoiled brats in the way that they percieve music. I realise some might not like it at all and some will wanna try and make up a war with other artists to pass the time I guess....

TL;DR

Overall, I like Revival

[​IMG]

Fgbatman likes this.
    Fgbatman likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024