NAS FACING PETE ROCK LAWSUIT OVER ‘ILLMATIC’ ROYALTIES

Started by Detroit24, Jan 11, 2022, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Detroit24

Jan 11, 2022
    According to a report from Page Six, Pete Rock is planning on suing Nas, who allegedly hasn’t paid him a dime for his contributions to the Queensbridge rap legend’s debut album Illmatic.

Pete Rock and his attorneys claim Nas signed a contract stating the producer would get a cut of the money made off the classic track “The World Is Yours.” The money owed is apparently in the millions, and although the attorneys reached out to Nas and his team, there was no response

Nas and his people have stonewalled me since 1994; My New Year’s resolution is to be compensated for my hard work on Illmatic,” I helped out with 3 tracks, that he begged me to keep, Pete Rock told Page Six.

“The World Is Yours” was the only track to get a gold plaque from the Recording Industry Association of America. Pete Rock produced the record, has a songwriting credit and wants all the coin he can get off the song. Rappers such as Jay-Z, Eminem, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, and the late Mac Miller have all sampled the record.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Jan 12, 2022
    I heard rumors they had issues back in the day. This just seems weird that he's waited so long to do this. Also, is he not suing the record companies too?

Mar 28, 2024