NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Mar 28, 2017
    Actually, Brady has a crazy diet bro lol. It's been documented for the last 3-4 years.

A big component in it is his TB12 branding. He's trying to have a strong brand name going into his retirement, so a lot of his dieting/exercising is tied into that.

He doesn't eat salt, sugar, fruits, GMOs, caffeine, etc.

If the dude was testing the limits of steroids or HGH, it'd absolutely ruin his brand, so I highly doubt he'd even risk that. He's always posting about it on facebook and IG. His brand is totally tied into his longevity right now.

Do I think Brady is gonna play 6-7 more years? Nah. But he's a lot different than Manning, Favre and other QB's. He hasn't had any major injuries (aside from 2008) and like I said, his dieting is insane. I truly believe he's got 3 more strong years.

Apr 26, 2024
  2. ray simpson

Mar 28, 2017
    I agree Brady seems a lot more healthy than Manning or Favre did, at an older age. I believe if he goes injury free, he has another 2-3 years left. But, I truly do believe he takes some kind of rc supplement that's in the grey area. I won't get too into that, but I'm sure some details will leak about it sometime.

He better just focus on not getting hurt. And obviously he's going to post about extreme diets to draw attention away from whatever grey area rc he may consume. Idk man, just because of that teams shady past the last decade, it's hard for me to fully believe a guy that handed broken cellphones to detectives.

Apr 26, 2024
  3. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Mar 29, 2017
    Just to clarify lol

Up until 2007, it was legal to video tape defensive signals, and I believe it still is.

What the Patriots got in trouble for was video taping defensive signals from the sidelines, which was banned in the 2006 off-season.

The league sent a memo out saying that video taping signals was banned from sidelines, and Patriots ignored it in the first game that the rule was being enforced. For their arrogance, NFL came down hard on them.

Deflategate was worse because it was first reported 11 of 12 footballs were 2PSI below the legal limit. Turns out, a week or so later, it was actually reverse, where only one football was deflated and the rest were fine.

As far as Brady's cellphone, he handed over 2 out of 3 cell phones, and neither had anything incriminating.

The last cell phone, Brady just wanted his information wiped because he was changing cell phones (he didnt want certain information to be leaked, like family pics, contract discussions, endorsements, etc).

Brady had exchanges with AT&T about giving the NFL the transcripts but AT&T refused to do so, because the FBI is the only thing that can do that.

I was extremely skeptical of deflategate at first, and I actually said that if the Pats really did do it, they should be severely punished. But, it's clear to me that it was a witch-hunt. And, honestly, I was OK with the Spygate punishment, because Belichick was arrogant as f--- to do that, but I think the whole "cheating" thing is absurd.

Apr 26, 2024
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Mar 29, 2017
    The only things that I consider cheating are things like slicking your jersey, wearing stick um, using HGH, etc. Even stick um is questionable, because gloves make it easier to catch.

I don't think pumping up crowd noise, trying to decipher signals, or anything to do with the footballs is cheating.

Apr 26, 2024
  5. The Product

Mar 29, 2017
    I like the idea of it as an alternate also. it's a cool throwback but I like the midnight green still

SWERVO likes this.
    SWERVO likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Mar 29, 2017
    Yea I definitely want it as the third. We just need the league to change the r-----ed rule about wearing one helmet

SWERVO likes this.
    SWERVO likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Apr 4, 2017
    Tony Romo retires :emoji_slight_frown:

Apr 26, 2024
  8. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Apr 4, 2017
    I'm psyched actually because now my Texans won't be able to sign him.

Fr tho d---

Apr 26, 2024
  9. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 4, 2017
    You guys could have had a legit run with Romo though lol. Much better option than anything you're going to get now.

Xmipod and Sign Language like this.
    Xmipod and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. Packman

Apr 4, 2017
    Romo gave Dallas all he had. Obviously not a great, but definitely a good dude. Very cool he retired a Cowboy

Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. Enigma

Apr 4, 2017
    @Riley our boy is hanging it up dude. I'm pretty torn tbh. I'm happy that he's going to retire a cowboy and I won't have to see him play in another uniform. At the same time though, I was really hoping for him to go a team like the Texans and at LEAST make one last run in the post season. Also to pad his stats a little more (he was so close to breaking top 10 in passing TD's all time).

Career stats:
    Passing yards - 34,183 (29th all time)
    TD's - 248 (21st all time)
    Completion percentage - 65.3% (T-5th all time)
    Passer rating - 97.1 (4th all time)

Idc if it's 20 years down the line, he deserves a golden jacket.

Xmipod likes this.
    Xmipod likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Apr 4, 2017
    [​IMG]

Xmipod likes this.
    Xmipod likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Apr 4, 2017
    I would completely agree, but him being injury prone lately gave me a bad feeling.

And I think our best option at this point is Jay Cutler.

Apr 26, 2024
  14. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Apr 4, 2017
    them d--- cheaters recorded hand signals from a different angle than us

lets complain about it and call them tarnished ten years later when they continue to be the best team and win more super bowls

Fitzy likes this.
    Fitzy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. Enigma

Apr 4, 2017
    Yeah, injuries are a concern but Houston had pretty much everything set for Romo. You guys have a solid O-Line, you love to run the football, you have young talented WR's and a stellar defense. Dallas was never able to assemble a defense any where remotely close to how good Houston's D is. With Romo, you guys would have at least made it to the AFC Championship. But yeah, Cutler is probably your best bet now. He can be a good QB but you just never know what you're going to get from him on a season by season basis.

Apr 26, 2024
  16. Motor City

Apr 4, 2017
    Surprised Denver and Houston didn't want Romo or Romo didn't want to play for either of them. Both of those teams had defenses that are ready to win now if they have a good enough offense, which Romo could have provided

Apr 26, 2024
  17. Enigma

Apr 4, 2017
    Denver and Houston were both interested in Romo (more so Houston) but were not willing to trade for him. Romo was almost certainly gonna go to Houston (once released) but according to reports, he had second thoughts upon thinking about it. In Dallas, he's built a very close relationship with the owner/GM. He had a say in personnel decisions. He knew the playbook like the back of his hand because he's played in that system his entire career. The thought of going to another organization at the age of 37 and pretty much starting all over didn't sit well with him. Also, people close to him said his heart wasn't in it. He loves Dallas and the Cowboys organization. They're pretty much like family to him. Playing for another team just wouldn't be the same. This doesn't shock me because he's said this before in interview. It was essentially along the lines of "there's something special about winning a championship with the team that gave you a shot. Leaving and going to a team that may have more pieces wouldn't be as satisfactory."

Funny enough, according to reports from Dallas, the possibility of him coming back, say if a big named QB like Big Ben, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and obviously Dak got injured, aren't off the table.

Apr 26, 2024
  18. Motor City

Apr 4, 2017
    It worked with Peyton Manning lol that's why I thought for sure Romo would end up in Denver. But what you said makes sense if Romo truly didn't want to play for another team then I guess retiring makes sense since he's not gonna start over Dak and he's not gonna be a back up for a whole year either

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. JMG

JMG Teflon

Apr 4, 2017
    They should of just traded Dak.. his rookie year was a fluke but I bet they could of got a first rounder. Kept Romo and drafted another QB to study under him for a year or 2. Dak will be exposed next year.

Apr 26, 2024
  20. Motor City

Apr 4, 2017
    upload_2017-4-4_13-6-38.png

Apr 26, 2024
Live Thread