Official VENUS VICE EARTH Thread

Started by whatthefuture, May 28, 2017, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. whatthefuture

whatthefuture INDAFYUCHA

May 28, 2017
    My mixtape just dropped. I've been hard at work on it for the past year. Devoted all my time, money, social and work life to it. Currently jobless and hoping I can start playing shows soon. Gonna be shooting music videos and designing merch soon. I promise you'll find dope content on this project and more than a few bangers. It's lyrical and dense as well. If you listen please drop some feedback, get the hot memes goin', all that good stuff. If you got some music you want me to hear I'll always give a listen. I'm outie. :broadsinatl:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. 1999

May 29, 2017
    I would look for a job

whatthefuture likes this.
    whatthefuture likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. whatthefuture

whatthefuture INDAFYUCHA

May 30, 2017
    haha yeah i am, no doubt. i knew someone would respond by saying that lmao i still mentioned the job thing anyway. don't care. i'm really proud of this project, it's the first time i can truly honestly say that and it's legit the greatest feeling ever. feels like i smoked a pound of grass and a weight lifted off my soul. i accomplished what i set out to do, let go of almost all commercial ambitions and just made the kind of tape i'd want an artist to make. and the s--- slaps from start to finish not to mention being pretty complex and conceptual lyrically/structurally. can't stop listening to it and i'm usually pretty humble, but since it dropped i haven't been listening to anything else. the closing song PINKISH is some neo soul wavy rap neon-bars r&b fusion s---. "misfit flow burn slow". man. i checked out the kendrick verse on "mask off" and other than that's it's been VVE on repeat, on moms.

also i don't expect too many people to listen, especially not the whole thing since it's quite long but if you did listen or will at some point then i appreciate you very much. just gotta say that, even if you don't f--- with the music i still respect anyone giving it a chance.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. whatthefuture

whatthefuture INDAFYUCHA

May 31, 2017
    Definitely listen to "Goth Elvis" if you got a couple minutes. Song is blowing up right now. I test-ran it at a party last weekend and it was a pure b-----r, got played multiple times. Make sure to get your AUX cable and play this s--- LOUD.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. whatthefuture

whatthefuture INDAFYUCHA

Jun 4, 2017
    The "Director's Cut" of my tape which is shorter (12 tracks) and much better to listen to if you don't wanna give a new artist a long attention span. As this one person said, I snap like "50% of the time" :emoji_pray: I think y'all may enjoy this project, just give it a chance.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. whatthefuture

whatthefuture INDAFYUCHA

Jun 8, 2017
    VENUS VICE EARTH is now on Spotify. & thanks to everyone who listened for getting Goth Elvis to over 5k plays in under 2 weeks!

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. whatthefuture

whatthefuture INDAFYUCHA

Jun 19, 2017
    Shouts to Imsomniac Magazine for posting about my mixtape on their site and dropping some dope words about it. :emoji_pray:

http://insomniacmagazine.com/tom-solar-releases-venus-vice-earth/

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024