Offset Launches $500K Fundraising Campaign for the American Cancer Society

Started by Ordinary Joel, Sep 20, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Sep 20, 2017
    https://www.cancer.org/content/canc...offsetann&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sep19

Rapper Offset, of the chart-topping hip-hop trio Migos, is raising $500,000 for the organization.

Offset is honoring his grandmother by raising funds to help promote cancer prevention and access to care in underserved communities. In addition, money raised through this effort will also help fund an ACS Research Grant focused on bladder cancer research.

OFFSET’S CONNECTION TO CANCER
    For rapper Offset, of the hip-hop trio Migos, this is personal. Offset’s late grandmother Sallie Ann Smith, who was a significant role model in his life, died of bladder cancer in 2012. After Mrs. Smith’s cancer diagnosis, her family learned first-hand about the positive impact the American Cancer Society programs and services make on families.

[​IMG]

“It was really tough losing my grandma to cancer and one of the hardest things I have dealt with in my life. She motivated me to do my best and go for it; one of my biggest coaches.”

Offset
    Offset’s mother, Latabia Woodward, an American Cancer Society supporter and volunteer for over a decade, is proud of her son. “Losing a loved one to cancer is devastating, and we need to continue to help educate our communities about early detection and screening guidelines. I am incredibly proud of Offset’s desire to help save the lives of others, genuine heart, and talent as an artist.”

Just as his grandmother motivated him to do his best and “go for it,” Offset will be inspiring fellow colleagues, friends, business partners, and fans to join in the fight with him.

Trackz and Ricky like this.
    Trackz and Ricky like this.
    Apr 25, 2024