Wrestling Official WWE Monday Night RAW Thread

Started by tomroe93, Jul 25, 2016, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Kon

Kon

Jul 30, 2018
    Bro they ruined 2 straight rumbles just to trying to make Roman look cool lol.

Forget ruining a couple PPVs, WWEs ruined year’s making it all about Roman lol. It’s almost funny in a way at this point, but also sad and pathetic.

Big Dangerous likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  2. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jul 30, 2018
    Think about it though if youre Vince, you got your guy with your top strap and you let him keep him as he walks into UFC and if he comes out on top that's automatically a +++ to you. He loses? no big deal no one expects wrestlers to be real tough guys these days anyway. It's a win-win and always has been

I'm not sure what the plans are since I haven't watched in a long time and I don't know when Lesnar is going to be fighting again but if I was in the situation and I had my belt on a part time Brock anyway? I'd leave the strap on him until he went and done his business in UFC might as well

Apr 27, 2024
  3. Big Dangerous

Jul 30, 2018
    I remember now I started watching WWE (and wrestling) again at the tail end of the initial Shield run and everyone loved the shield and roman...because he wasn't a sufferin succotash son that was the obvious Vince loverboy. He was just a badass who had to chime into group promos w/ the shield now and again and it worked.

Man how things have changed lol

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  4. Kon

Kon

Jul 30, 2018
    @Big Dangerous do you think Brock wins again at summerslam then? I can’t see it, even if Braun were to cash in I think Roman beats Brock first.

I agree they’d love to have the WWE strap on Brock when he’s in UFC but doubt that happens for a few reasons: 1. Isn’t Brocks WWE contract basically done as far as we know and 2. They don’t even know when Brock will fight in the UFC but won’t be till 2019 due to that failed drug test. Also 3. Not that it’d be a deal breaker cuz Brock does what Brock wants but would UFC even want him parading around with a WWE title? Kinda doubt it.

Also why the f--- would they do this s-----y match AGAIN unless Roman is set to finally win?

Apr 27, 2024
  5. tomroe93

Jul 30, 2018
    Yawn

Apr 27, 2024
  6. Big Dangerous

Jul 30, 2018
    See I'm not really up to date on fight dates, contracts, or general motion of the story being told rn between Brock and Roman/Braun.

Vince has already extended Brock's s-----y part timer reign so long anyway so quality and fan response is obviously not top priority. If I could get him into the UFC still Universal champion it seems like a no brainer.

As far as the title goes you say parading around, he wouldn't and wouldn't have to. Just having your Universal champion Brock go to the UFC and win, then appear the next week or w/e on Raw like yeah b------s I just won in the UFC is enough. I mean imagine the headlines on google "WWE Champ Brock Lesnar wins UFC match" "Brock Lesnar, current wwe champion, wins at UFC w/e" it prints money and reenergizes Brock's mystique and the (supposed) belt prestige.

Again is all of this going to matter to people like me or others on here who don't give a s--- and just want a good product? No but it'll draw enough intrigue that it'll probably pay off

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  7. dna hits

Jul 30, 2018
    I don’t mind Brock losing the belt. In fact, I think it could help raw having the champ show up every week. Just not reigns. He’s not interesting on the mic or in the ring. I’d rather Rollins, Kurt (even though he’s old) triple h or I guess Braun. But when Braun eventually becomes champ watch and see people will grow bored of his gimmick after a few months. Him destroying people every week talking and acting like a monster on the mic. He needs promo work. Possibly heyman writing for him or something.

The last time I was actually interested in the wwe and wwe title was when Owens had it and him and Chris Jericho were “best friends” then turned on each other. I actually was looking forward to the next week then for the storyline. Just tired of reigns. Also a rumor of the rock coming back for a short time. Ik it’d be another part timer, but I’d rather see the rock once in a while than reigns jumping 2 ft off the ground with a punch and a spear that’s been run into the ground.

Apr 27, 2024
  8. Big Dangerous

Jul 30, 2018
    Yeah honestly same probably for me too, that was pro wrestling done right...but what do you expect when you got two talented people who know and care about the business showing up every week and actually trying to put on a show instead of get a paycheck.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  9. dna hits

Jul 30, 2018
    I think late December is when brock can fight in the ufc (I may be off a little on the timing.). But imagine the insane promo Heyman and Brock would pull off coming out in the ring with the ufc and wwe belt. Heyman would snap lol Almost want this scenrio to happen if Ik Brock would win the ufc title

Apr 27, 2024
  10. Kon

Kon

Jul 30, 2018
    KO/Jericho for the title at Mania would have made so much sense, was also by far the best story line for the months leading to the PPV.

But naw of course, gotta bring back 50 year old Goldberg to wrestle part timer Brock Lesnar instead.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  11. Big Dangerous

Jul 30, 2018
    God... I was hype for Goldberg when he came back (moreso because one of my buddies at college at the time was a huge Berg mark and so he psyched me up more) but Goldberg squashing Owens is just a perfect summation of WWE since the Cena era where they can't and don't seem to give a s--- about creating new main event stars.

Though I will be the first to admit that the Berg/Brock match (spectacle? was it even a match?) at Mania was awesome, too.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  12. Big Dangerous

Jul 30, 2018
    Would Brock be allowed to bring a UFC title onto WWE television? From a UFC/Dana white perspective

Apr 27, 2024
  13. dna hits

Jul 30, 2018
    Yeah honestly I was never one of those huge Goldberg fans as a kid. I remember my one friend really liked him. I liked Scott Hall and when Jericho came over from Wcw but that’s about it (I’m sure there’s more I’m missing.) the Goldberg match should have just been a personal beef with Brock not a title match, I agree on that should have been Owens vs Jericho. Wwe is ruining Jericho’s final years when he can still go all out in matches. I’d be throwing money at him getting him back on raw. Once the attitude era/wcw part timers are gone for good, the wwe is in trouble if you think about it. They don’t have enough new current talent to match the old wrestlemanias and ppvs. And I bet in a poll the majority of wwe fans would rather see lashley vs Brock instead of reigns. Lashley is a huge guy too.

Apr 27, 2024
  14. Big Dangerous

Jul 30, 2018
    speaking of....which side where you guys on back in the day? Austin or Goldberg

and be honest no hindsight, how did you feel AT THE TIME because it was the biggest discussion going

I would've loved to seen Austin open a can of whoop a--- on undefeated goldberg, but then again I'm a huge Stone Cold mark so

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  15. dna hits

Jul 30, 2018
    Yeah I think they have a deal going on the inside. You’re spreading an audience to the ufc too so I don’t see how Dana would care. It seems Dana is paying attention to the wwe more. Vince being the jackass he is I could see ruining the relationship.

Apr 27, 2024
  16. dna hits

Jul 30, 2018
    austin. A lot of my family were beer drinkers when I was younger and loved Austin. I got introduced to him that way. But I liked the undertaker the most back then. Watching him throw mankind off the cage had me thinking it was a camera trick (we called it that at really young ages) Still my favorite memory. But the stone vs rock beef was always interesting. If Brett Hart wasn’t such a b---- over losing the title he could have made the wwe even better in the attitude era. Looking back now, Shawn Michaels is someone I took for granted. He’s someone I wasn’t a huge fan of, but now that I’m older I realize how good he really was.

Also idk if should admit this but at one point, Chris Benoit was my favorite to watch. I think this was around 05 after Austin and the rock basically left. And WWE should have kept Kurt angle let him go through a rehab program then allowed back in the wwe. Some of his golden years in TNA were wasted.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Apr 27, 2024
  17. Kon

Kon

Jul 31, 2018

^That pretty much sums up what the effort behind raw was going for tonight...holy s--- it was cringe at times how bad they desperately want fans to hate Brock now, just so Roman gets the love...with that said, once Brock's music hit at the end he still got a huge pop...:lmaooo:

Tonight was definitely one of the strongest examples of pro-Roman desperation. I mean Brock's role the entire show was to sit in the back and read a magazine lmao, and they also had him say he doesn't watch the show, doesn't care about the fans, get in a huge altercation(physical and verbal) with Heyman, have him be an a--- the whole night doing things like asking Heyman to order him a steak etc..

I mean d--- it was kinda pathetic how far they took it tbh lol...Imagine if Roman somehow loses at summerslam again, I don't think it happens though..Think he finally gets his moment beating Brock, just hoping KO or Braun cashes in after.

Apr 27, 2024
  18. Pinhead

Aug 2, 2018
    Daniel Bryan got a pop when Miz said he should go back to bingo halls. Love how they brainwash their viewers that every other wrestling company is a rinky dink school gym with 10 people watching.

Apr 27, 2024
  19. Kon

Kon

Aug 7, 2018
    Skipped over most of raw as usual, but a few notes:

-Braun’s ‘monster in the bank shirt’ was disappointing for a couple reasons. First it makes me think Braun will beat KO, then also it makes me think if Braun wins he likely won’t cash in after Roman/Brock. They’ll milk the ‘monster in the bank’ s--- longer and for a whole feud with (likely) Roman.

-Ronda’s raw debut match was bout what I expected, lots of planned spots, Alexa trying to cheat etc. with that said it was short and sweet and to the point, logical booking imo.

-Elias is entertaining more times than not, but Lashley still puts me to sleep so I skipped over the rest of the segment shortly after he came out.

-The Heyman interview and that whole situation has me curious as to how that’ll play out at summerslam. Holy f--- they found a way to make me curious bout something involving Reigns/Brock at least lol.

-Lastly just to warn anyone who hasn’t watched and still might, Roman had 2 matches tonight lmao.. so prepare to skip accordingly.

Apr 27, 2024
  20. tomroe93

Aug 20, 2018
    Anyone watching?

Apr 27, 2024