Film Michael Myers' horror movies discussion thread

Started by Michael Myers, Apr 23, 2017, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. ComfortablyNumb

Aug 27, 2019
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/halloween-kills-anthony-michael-hall-tommy-doyle-1203314430/amp/

@Michael Myers , your feelings on this? Honestly AMH is a legend, so just having him be a part of a Halloween film is pretty awesome. I never would’ve expected him to play Tommy Doyle though. Hope he nails it. I’m assuming they asked Paul Rudd and he said no. Not sure if they asked Brian Andrews? Also, why have they not asked Danielle Harris to be in the next one yet? Am I the only one who feels she should definitely be in it? Like how can they not take the opportunity to finally have JLC and Danielle Harris on screen together? Brackett is also a character I would like to see come back.

EDIT: Holy s---! Kyle Richards is returning to play Lindsey Wallace from the original!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Michael Myers likes this.
    Mar 19, 2024
  2. marshmallow

Sep 6, 2019

Finally, i’m hyped as h---

Mar 19, 2024
  3. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Sep 22, 2019
    I actually have a theory that I actually had a dream about, what if Chuck really isn't God after all? and he's just 1 of 3 siblings?

God, Amara, and Chuck

I also saw a video on youtube about the same thing and it freaked me out that the video pretty much has my same theory. What do you think?

The Real God is still hidden or been put away somewhere?

Mar 19, 2024
  4. dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl

Sep 22, 2019
    midsommar done melted my brain

Mar 19, 2024
  5. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 5, 2019
    I saw that video ! Not sure... it could also be that the Empty possessed God..

But my best guess is that its actually god and he just got bored (and pissed at Sam). But it wouldn't make sense given all that happened in S11.

Also to you and others, ordered some 2019 movies to watch in october. Along w the classics. Got my watchlist ready !

Have u guys seen these and if yes, Thoughts?

Midsommar
    Childsplay 2019
    Curse Llorona
    US
    Pet Semetary

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Mar 19, 2024
  6. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Oct 5, 2019
    Spooky times are ahead of us.

Michael Myers and CJ Poe like this.
    Michael Myers and CJ Poe like this.
    Mar 19, 2024
  7. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Oct 5, 2019
    Yeah, I've seen all but one of those

Child's Play (2019)- Really good for what it was, I was expecting a lot worse. I think you will enjoy it

Curse of la Llorona- It's ok, nothing more nothing less honestly. It could've been a lot worse since it's loosely part of the Conjuring Universe I expected something bigger, but it's not terrible, I still preferred the Nun though. (lol)

US- Going in I was expecting it to be better than 'Get Out' and on my first viewing I thought so, but I decided to give it another watch and I didn't really much care for it the second time around, it's good, just not better than Get Out good. (if that makes sense)

Pet Semetary (2019) - It was good for what it is, it's definitely not terrible but it's not great either. This film would have been so much better if it included the scenes from the trailer with more Zelda. The scenes are on the Bluray 'deleted scenes' portion of the disc though, but it's not the same..lol

Mar 19, 2024
  8. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 5, 2019
    Thanks!

Just watched Cult of Chucky again. Nice sequel to Curse just... doesn't make sense at all lol. Love seeing old characters back and that they went back to horror... but yeah the soul splitting stuff is really dumb imo. Movie is cool though.

Also watched Elmst 4 this afternoon and gonna watch Drag Me To h--- again, classic btw.

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Mar 19, 2024
  9. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 13, 2019
    I just watched.. wel tried to watch Halloween 6 again. f---ing awful lol. Totally ruined the MM character w their stupid Thorn bs.

Tbh... for me H1, H2 , H4 and H2018 are the only ones REALLY worth a rewatch... w Halloween 2 mostly because of the soundtrack and first half hour.

H20 gets a pass , sort of, but the idea of H20 has been executed a LOT better w 2018. Sure its a decent movie but it doesn't have the Halloween spirit at all, also because its at a boring school instead of Haddonfield. H:40 had the same idea (checking in w Laurie and her family decades later) , but the execution >>>

H5, 6, Ressurrection and the Zombie movies ughh.

Really hope Halloween Kills & Ends are on the same level as 2018 and we do have 7 great Halloween movies.

Shoutout Halloween 3 btw, underrated.

Mar 19, 2024
  10. dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl

Oct 13, 2019
    little to no horror movies makin waves right now, the h--- is goin on

Mar 19, 2024
  11. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 19, 2019
    After seeing praise for it, watched Ouija Origins thursday.

Lol.

One of the lamest haunted house movies ever. Not scary, too fake and the climax is soooo dissappointing. Miles below Annabelle & Annabelle Comes Home. Hope Annabelle Creation doesn't let me down like this.

Mar 19, 2024
  12. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 20, 2019
    Okay @Asmodeus let's discuss the first 2 SPN episodes lol, thoughts ?

They are ruining the show for me completely :emoji_slight_frown:

Aside from the fact that the episode was boring as s---, slowly they are breaking down what they built the first 11 seasons. It went very downhill every since season 12 for me but this season..... so far... d---.

- the ghosts; it was cool in the finale to see Woman in White, Bloody Mary and Gacy back... and to see them haunt people in the premiere as well. But what the f--- was this ? Jack the Ripper, lol. Also weren't they vengeful spirits, lost? Now they are in a room together making plans and having conversations? Lmfaoo
    - the demon; was funny in episode 1 but he will never make us forget about the 1 truly funny demon: Crowley. Then again, maybe it is him ? I rather had them bring back Meg or Ruby although I guess they are really gone and not in h--- (so, the Empty w Jack , Billy and Lucifer).
    - Kevin; what the f--- again. First off, he didn't go to h---, bs. When God sent him to heaven you saw his spirit turn blue and go up. When a ghost goes to h--- it burns or turns black. Makes NO sense at all. Also the season 11 God wouldn't do such a thing (but I'll get back to that). His ending in S11 was good.. now they brought him back -with zero purpose- and his fate got worse.. proper ending indeed!?
    - Castiel; I said this before, you can't have Season 4 - 8 Castiel simply because it would be too easy to have him save the day everytime.. but that little line he said 'I tried to heal Ketch but didn't work' got me rolling my eyes. What's the purpose of him being and angel if none of his powers work lol. I get that the godgun wound was impossible to heal but a simple gun wound ? I know it would make Ketch getting shot less powerful if he simply healed him but man, at least explain why Castiels powers are gone (which also differs.. last ep he did heal Sam). Heaven being almost gone, whatever? But this.. lol.
    - chuck; yeah, it kinda is poetic that he is the final enemy but with s11 existence, nah I can't. If he was always pulling the strings how do you explain him being nearly dead and the boys saving his a---. His manipulation? Nah I don't believe that. And him fooling Sam and Dean makes sense, but Cas? Lucifer? Michael ? Come on. No, you can't tell me that this was the plan al along. Death also said that he would reap god, and that he was bigger than the universe.. also a lie then ? I don't buy this.
    - amarra; what a waste. Emily Swallow does a PERFECT job btw but what did she add here? She left chuck. Their scenes were like Desperate Housewives; devine edition. What happened to God and The Darkness going away ? This is just chuck and amarra being boring humans and having a pissing contest in f---ing Reno lol. She deserved better (and the chuck character as well)

I'm sorry I so hope they are somehow gonna fix some of this but if this is truly it, the first 14 seasons are all a waste.

Oh and also; 'welcome to the end' lol. In season 2 the hellgates were open for 10 minutes and dozens demons were set loose. The deadly sins, meg, ruby etc etc etc. Now its STILL open and al we get are some dumb ghosts?? They made it look like the end in 14x20 but in 15x1 it seemed like just a few ghost escaped.. how do you explain that? In 14 years so many villains and dangerous ghosts and demons, where are they ?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Mar 19, 2024
  13. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Oct 20, 2019
    Patience my good man, patience.

I quite enjoyed the first 2 episodes of the season, I believe they had to get the dumb s--- out of the way before the major action and other "dead" characters come back, we got 18 episodes left bro, have faith.

The only thing that bothered me a little bit was how Bloody Mary looked..lol She looked better in the first season and scarier to me for some reason. I think it's because of the filter they were using on the camera during the first couple of seasons.

IDK, like I said I enjoyed the episodes, I never really liked Chuck to begin with honestly, So I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was ever created..lol him and Bloody Mary's look is what I didn't like, everything else is just whatever to me and I see it as them just getting it out of the way early.

Mar 19, 2024
  14. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Oct 20, 2019
    haha, you're crazy, Origins was great.

I can see how you wouldn't like it though, some of it is kinda corny, but the original is god awful.

Mar 19, 2024
  15. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 30, 2019
    Whats ur guys playlist for movies this year ? @Asmodeus @Lil Wayne @King V @Rick @marshmallow @ComfortablyNumb @Pinhead etc

I watched a bunch of classics and new horror movies already this month (texas chainsaw, exorcist, leprechaun, freddy vs jason, scream movies, strangers, ouija origin and more), but tonight and tomorrow I'm gonna watch a lot. Just finished Childs Play (OG) and gonna watch The Fog and Halloween 4 tonight. Tomorrow: Elmstreet, Tales Of Halloween, Trick r Treat, Halloween 3, Halloween & Halloween 2018. So the actual (good) Halloween movies!

Ftr Exorcist still one of the creepiest movies ever. Watching it , it never actually scares me but its one of the few movies that makes me a little uncomortable at night in bed lol.

Mar 19, 2024
  16. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 30, 2019
    I honestly think the OG is less corny than this one... tbh they can do sooo much nowadays w special effects, but this movie seemed like a home made movie. The storyline and characters were indeed better than the first one, but the climax was such a let down and the movie was never scary (to me).

Also regarding SPN, ep3 was even more sad.. it was a good episode and Rowena's was given the hero ending she absolutely deserved (gonna miss her though) but man the whole 'end of the world' Chuck brought just being fixed in 3 episodes w a simple spell? Lmao. Also f--- Dean for being such a g.d. a------ to Castiel. I understand he was mad about Rowena and Mary but none of it was Castiels fault directly. He didn't know killing that demon would mean Rowena would die lol.

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Mar 19, 2024
  17. Pinhead

Oct 30, 2019
    @Michael Myers up to number 25 right now. Gonna at least watch The Fog again tonight, Halloween and The Shining tomorrow which are all yearly staoles.

https://letterboxd.com/t_s_jo/list/hoop-tober-6-the-return/

Mar 19, 2024
  18. joeyp363

Oct 30, 2019
    Horror movies s--- a---. Easily the worst genre. Would rather watch Adam Sandler rom coms

Mar 19, 2024
  19. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Oct 30, 2019
    IDK, I don't think the "end of the world" stuff is over just yet, maybe Chuck gets Cas to help him with it somehow?

Mar 19, 2024
  20. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 31, 2019
    The Fog is great yeah! Interesting list btw lot of the more unknown movies!

Also I'm curious of ur and others thoughrs on Exorcist 2 and 3. For the record I think the OG shouldn't have had a sequel at all, because it couldn't live up to it and what storyline should they use..

But I saw Exorcist 2 being ranked as like the worst horror movie ever and I completely disagree. Yes it has some cringe worthy, terrrrrible stuff, but I don't dislike the idea of the movie itself. Just some poor execution / choices were made.

Mar 19, 2024