NBA NBA Discussion Thread

Started by Mike Tyson, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

May 31, 2015
    Are you kidding me??? Statistically better than Kobe in like every category in the playoffs and regular season. 2nd best PER of all time behind Jordan. 4 MVPs. Championships. I could go on all day with reasons to put him in the GOAT talk, but I'd literally be sitting here typing for hours. The fact that he has accomplished so much before 30 years of age is great and extremely comparable to Jordan and Kobe. It might even be better.

2009-2013 he had 5 straight first team all defense awards and barely missed out last year. Still got 2nd team. He's continously praised for being a great defender and his chase down blocks are awesome. And as far as clutch situations go.... he's more clutch than Kobe and not far behind Jordan.. the stats prove that.
    Was gonna say this exactly. Wade + Kobe would be ewwwww.

Five Star likes this.
    Five Star likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Five Star

May 31, 2015
    Jerry West is 1-9 in the finals.
    Wilt Chamberlain is 2-5 in the finals.
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is 6-10 in the finals.
    Magic Johnson is 5-4 in the finals

Records in the Finals don't really mater when you're talking about all time greats too. I cba to do this for every player, but all those losing records though to players (Other than Magic) who are considered top 25 all time.

Ordinary Joel and Big Mitch like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Big Mitch like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

May 31, 2015
    i feel for kevin love. if i'm not mistaken, that dude never made the playoffs in minnesota. he finally gets to a team where he has some help, they make the nba finals, and he can't play

suckkkssss

Apr 26, 2024
  4. Big Mitch

May 31, 2015
    It's gotta kinda hurt to see that they're playing better without him too lol. Tristan Thompson has been great this postseason. K-Love indicated he'll be ready for next season in Cleveland, so that's good for them that he intends to be back.

Apr 26, 2024
  5. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

May 31, 2015
    Do you even watch sports? Do you know how demoralizing losing game 6 is at home heading back to Pheonix? That WAS game 7 for them. It's the same reason the Clippers were done against Houston after they blew game 6 this year.

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

May 31, 2015
    thompson has been great this post-season....there's no denying that.

but playing better without love? i don't know about all that.

love was starting to get in his groove once he got hurt........plus thompson can't space the court the way love does

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

May 31, 2015

Larry Hughes was a talented player. Big Z was a tremendous role player and Gooden wasn't exactly a bust. Smush Parker could very well be the worst player to EVER start on an NBA team. Kwame Brown is also regarded as the biggest bust of all-time. I'm guessing you didn't watch any Laker games during that era because those were not NBA players surrounding Kobe.

Except that Bron's teammates are f---ing WADE and BOSH. Kobe had a Pau who quit on the team(because a teammate f----- his wife) a crack addicted Lamar Odom and Bynum who was someone that didn't give a s--- about basketball.

Bosh and Wade, although older, will have careers after Lebron. Where is Lamar and Bynum lol?

Apr 26, 2024
  8. Kon

Kon

May 31, 2015
    Wow I'm done here, some of you underrate Kobe so much it's ridiculous lol.

BlackMamba likes this.
    BlackMamba likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. Motor City

May 31, 2015
    MJ > LBJ > Kobe

Kobe is great, but LBJ and MJ are better at making their teammates better. If Kobe from lets say 4 years ago was on this Cavs team there's no way they're in the finals. Kobe never figured out how to use D Howard but both LBJ & MJ would have made that team work

Apr 26, 2024
  10. Kon

Kon

May 31, 2015
    You think a team like the hawks (or any team in the east) would beat any Kobe led team in his prime? Lol, ugh no. Kobe, MJ and Lebron would all make the finals each year with how weak the east is now.

Dwight has a poor attitude and is soft, that's not Kobe's fault.

Apr 26, 2024
  11. The Product

May 31, 2015
    Kobe is one of the best. just because he is nearing the end everyone seems to forget how great he is when healthy

Apr 26, 2024
  12. Kon

Kon

May 31, 2015
    Anyways I'm watching a wrestling show so I'm not gonna answer anymore but you're absolutely insane if you think Bron is 'far ahead' of Bird, Kobe, Magic and anyone besides MJ already, absolutely crazy comment. Gotta see how the rest of his career goes and not just assume things lol.

I'm out.

Apr 26, 2024
  13. Five Star

May 31, 2015
    I'm not saying the 2006 Lakers were a good team. It's clear that Kobe carried the team to the 1st round of the playoffs. I'm just saying that LeBron did the same thing with arguably a top 3 worst team to ever make the Finals.

Lamar Odom won 6th Man of the Year during the 2010-11 NBA season and kept comparable stats during the playoffs. Andrew Bynum wasn't "not giving a s--- about basketball" in the 2011 playoffs. That didn't become big until he was traded to the 76ers. All Star Pau Gasol collapsed during the playoffs, but that's why you have teammates to pick up the slack. The Lakers were coming off of 2 championships. The Heat were coming off of 2 championships too, so it would of been similar if they would of went out in the 2nd round.

It doesn't matter what happened to the players seasons after. Whatever happened to Lamar and Bynum doesn't change anything. But if you want to bring it up, Bynum was an All Star the following season.

Apr 26, 2024
  14. Big Mitch

May 31, 2015
    Literally all stats
    You're right about Thompson not being able to space the court. I read somewhere that the Cavs offensive rating is a little bit better since Love went out, but I think it's just a fluke tbh. The sample size is small. One thing about Love that the Cavs really miss is how efficient LeBron was with him vs. now without him. Their team has been just as successful without him tho.

Apr 26, 2024
  15. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

May 31, 2015
    Statistically speaking LBJ > Kobe. But LBJ isn't second behind MJ yet, he could end up that way but right now Bird, Magic, Kareem etc are still ahead of Lebron.

Apr 26, 2024
  16. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jun 1, 2015
    If Kobe from 4 years ago was on the Cavs right now, they would already be planning the championship parade in Cleveland. You must not watch very much basketball. Dwight was hurt all year in 2012. Nothing Kobe or anyone could have done to make him play better through that injury. If Kobe doesn't tear his Achilles, who knows how far he takes that team in the playoffs. How do you know MJ would have made that Lakers team win? He never played with a good offensive big his entire career. He was never the type of passer or floor general that Lebron is. It goes MJ>Kobe>Lebron until furher notice. Having a below .500 record in the finals is a bad look for a player looking to be the GOAT.

Apr 26, 2024
  17. smitty

smitty i love stuff

Jun 1, 2015
    Huge Bron fan but I don't really see the Cavs standing much of a chance in this series. Steph and the Warriors are too good, too deep. Warriors in 5 or 6.

Apr 26, 2024
  18. Motor City

Jun 1, 2015
    Rooting for the Cavs but this is funny

[​IMG]

Poohdini and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Poohdini and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. BlackMamba

BlackMamba Charged Up

Jun 1, 2015
    Lol at ppl thinking LBJ is better than Kobe or MJ. Its funny when they try to compare him to MJ when he hasn't even passed Kobe and most likely never will :'(

Apr 26, 2024
  20. Motor City

Jun 2, 2015
    Lol he's past Kobe and that's not even a debate anymore. LBJ is superior at passing, rebounding, scoring in the paint, and he's FAR superior when it comes to defense. He's far superior when it comes to elevating and leading his teammates, he's superior when it comes to strength and speed, he's the better dunker. Sure, Kobe is a better 3 point shooter and is more clutch, but that's it. Nobody even compares LBJ/Kobe anymore became everyone knows MJ and LBJ are the best.

It's a shame that no matter what LBJ will never get the respect he deserves. People pretend like MJ & Kobe didn't have good teammates around them too. Look what happened right when LBJ left Miami, they didn't even make the playoffs lol. Lakers s--- without Kobe too, but when MJ left the Bulls (the first time?) they still made it into the playoffs and lost in the finals i believe. So lets not pretend number of rings is the absolute definitive proof of a player's greatness

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Apr 26, 2024
Live Thread