Eminem Revival Review: Forum Scrub Edition

Started by lyricsmode, Dec 17, 2017, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. lyricsmode

lyricsmode heavy duty like diarrhea

Dec 17, 2017
    1.) Walk on Water:

-The flow is mediocre, and while I’m not a fan of Bey, I’d say she helps the song. The message is more important than anything else here, so nothing too deep for me criticism wise.

2.) Believe

• Great flow, good rhymes, wordplay, and an awesome beat. I really like how he takes a potentially corny chorus and uses it effectively

3.) Chloraseptic

-Phresher shines on this track and Em brings some decent verses, honestly I thought the beat and Phresher carried this, and this track is one I can ride to with my friends

4.) Untouchable

s--- single, decent song, never been a fan of the rock-rap s--- and even with the beat switch I think a song like “White America” or “Mosh” shows Em can make a political point much better on a simpler beat.

5.) River ft. Ed Sheeran

I strongly dislike the fake a--- story in this song, it’s very tired. Ed Sheeran was awesome here, and this deserved to be the single with a video. s--- this may save the album.

6.) Remind me (intro)

Should’ve been the beat

7.) Remind me

I hate rock n roll, pass

8.) Revival Interlude

RIP to the person who sung this, this is amazing. One of the best parts on the album for me.

9.) Like Home ft. Alicia Keys

I didn’t know this was Alicia Keys the first

time I heard it. I thought it was Jazmine Sullivan lmao. The message is decent, and I like how he’s trying to unite rather than divide. However, I think a song where he calls out Trump supporters would be more fitting considering he told them to f--- off...Would’ve made a decent single.

10.) Bad Husband ft. X Ambassadors

Overall, I like the song. I think it’s a bit odd for him to apologize to Kim, if I’m being honest. I get he’s maturing, but I wonder if he saw that Headlights was well received and decided to copy the formula. Because even if time has healed that wound, why do this now? Why not on Recovery or MMLP2? (Which would have been more fitting, considering MMLP1 had a track that that drove her to attempting suicide)

11.) Tragic Endings ft. The Writer of Every Chorus on Revival

Decent song, won’t play it again. Just tired of hearing this combination.

12.) Framed

An extremely high point for this album for me. Reminds me a lot of Relapse, which imo is his best album since his return. I would love to hear more of this style.

13.) Nowhere Fast ft. Kehlani

I’ll have to give this 1-2 more listens, but after 10+ listens I’m struggling to remember this track. It’s incredibly forgettable imo.

14.) Heat

Bottom 20 Eminem songs, Probably will avoid for the rest of my life

15.) Offended

I enjoyed the fast rhyming, and the nursery chorus. I also enjoyed the way he worked around the bass not being present constantly in the beat.

16.) Need me ft. Eminem

Great Pink song, nearly as good as Revenge. Awful if you enjoy Eminem.

17.) In your Head

I enjoyed the apology to Hailie for making her 80% of his subject matter, but I find it absolutely hilarious that the next two songs are about her

18.) Castle

I feel like this track and the subsequent track are like a game. This track is like When I’m gone in a way too. anyway, this track is like getting the “bad ending in a game” and it’s perspective on his career until 2007 and what he struggled with. It’s been done before but it was a good set up for Arose.

19.) Arose

Very sad track imo, but rewriting his story like that was an amazing idea. Great way to end an album. Where’s this Em? Castle/Arose as a collective track will go down as top 20 Eminem songs, I need to see more of that from him

overall score: 6/10

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. KPD

KPD I feel incredible, is medicine edible?

Dec 17, 2017
    People really need to stop with all these reviews. No offence dude but you haven't even been a member a week.... cba reading that

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024