Eminem Revival Review

Started by Mikey, Dec 20, 2017, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Mikey

Dec 20, 2017
    Walk on Water - 4/10

A very vulnerable Eminem opens the album. First off I find the hook lyrically bland & annoying.
    Some interesting parts but the feeling I get is Eminem is looking for your sympathy incase you don't like the rest of the album.
    Lack of drums k--- the song & anotherpoor Eminem x Rubin song.

Believe - 8.5/10

This is one of my favourite despite some annoying lines like Started from the Bottom like a snowman. The hook is classic Eminem & shows he can still perform some great hooks if he wasn't so lazy & obsessing over verses. The 3rd verse is one of his best.

Chloraseptic - 3/10

The beat is average. Porter is not a good producer. Eminem's voice & flow are annoying on this too. The 2nd verse has a terrible flow & immature unfunny lines throughout.

Untouchable - 3/10

For a song about Racial Injustice I hate his approach to this the sarcastic vibe in the first half of it just doesn't work. The beat again very annoying.

But Eminem discussing this topic just doesn't resonate with me for whatever reason.

River - 5.5/10

Decent hook from Ed Sheeran. It is obviously about an abortion & a relationship so different to LTWYL & The Monster but still it is the same formula & very similar sonically. Still a decent & catchy song but won't have much replay value.

Remind Me - 1/10

Another Eminem x Rubin mess. Another terrible sample as well. Complete trash. Slim Shady is dead & should have never been brought back.

Like Home - 7.5/10

Brillant Alicia Keys hook. Good verses although he doesn't really have any great diss to Trump all stuff we heard before.
    The beat is ok but I think something not so pop would have suited this song better considering it is about Trump.
    Still a good song.

Bad Husband - 8/10

On of the best songs on the album. The hook is ok but on such a good song I would have preferred Eminem doing it himself.
    The verse are great. Production from Alex Da Kid is great too much better than Rubin.

Tragic Endings - 7.5/10

Very good Skylar Grey hook. Eminem voice sounds a little bit shot in this for some reason though.
    Overall it is an inferior Space Bound in ways.

Framed - 3/10

Hook is ok. But the beat is again terrible. Nothing memorable at all in the verses of funny. Just more evidence that Slim Shady is dead.

Nowhere Fast - 7/10

. Love Kehlani's hook. Sounds like a great song to perform at a stadium. Eminem's verses are good & the bridge is good too.

Heat - 1/10

Despise the beat as usual with Rubin. The hook is horrendous. Please f--- off Rubin.

Offended - 0/10

Listened to it once somehow

Need Me - 2/10

0/4 for these two. As everyone has said it sounded like a Pink track that was cut from her album. Relationship issues we heard already even on this album nevermind since Recovery.

In Your Head - 8/10

Production really suits this song. The sample is very simple but works well. The 2nd verse is one of the best on the album.

Castle - 9.5/10

Brillant concept. Of course he has talked about Hailie so many times but not in this way in a long time (since Mockingbird or ever this well. This was also where a feature hook can work well when it isn't made like a top 40 pop song.
    This is prime level Eminem storytelling. Outstanding song.

Arose - 9.5/10

This is like a better version of Your Never Over. Finally Rubin delivers a good beat that suits the mood perfectly.
    Eminem spills he guts out & delivers one of his best verse since 2002.

NAES likes this.
    NAES likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Dec 20, 2017
    i dunno mate about some of these ratings

Apr 24, 2024
  3. Zarra

Dec 20, 2017
    Chloraseptic having the same rating as Untouchable
    Heat 1/10
    Framed 3/10
    :stephena2:

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Mikey

Dec 20, 2017
    i hate slim shady songs now from Eminem.

He isn't witty enough to do it now.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. jmillithauglybasedgod

jmillithauglybasedgod Pray For Lucifert 2R

Dec 20, 2017
    Is everyone doing a review now?

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. TheDarkView

Dec 20, 2017
    me neither. How xan you hate Heat?