Started by Lucy, Feb 5, 2018, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Lucy

Lucy #1

Feb 5, 2018
    Anyone done this before?
    Hints/tips?
    Is it worth it?
    Better alternatives?

Personally never have sold on ebay as in Australia we have a site called gumtree which is the same, just Australia only so you can usually just say "hey mate ill come to your house and buy in cash". but I got some stuff that would sell for a fair bit to certain niche's so I'm thinking my best option would be to try and sell them over ebay as it's worldwide.

Apr 18, 2024
  2. Horipodom

Horipodom Banned

Oct 27, 2021
    you can check amazon as alternative

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. Kalamont

Kalamont Banned

Oct 27, 2021
    Selling on eBay is a piece of cake. To get started, you need to sign up, create a PayPal account and choose a way to pay the fees. Then you can place an ad for sale.

Apr 18, 2024
  4. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Oct 27, 2021
    I've always wanted to sell some of my s--- on ebay but never fully had the ambition of doing the setup.

Seems easy enough, though, good luck man!

Apr 18, 2024
  5. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Dec 29, 2021
    We have both eBay and Gumtree in the UK too.

I'd say Gumtree is better for selling items that are too big to post. eBay is better for smaller items you want to get rid of.

eBay is easy to set up and you don't need PayPal any more. You get confirmation when a buyer has paid (it's accurate) and then the funds are transferred from eBay to your bank account in about 2-3 weeks. So a bit of a delay but it's legit.

Only problem is that I set up an account years ago which was blocked for some reason and now every time I create a new account it gets blocked because its affiliated (phone number, delivery address etc) of the other account.
    Moral to this; don't be a d-ck on eBay as the consequences are actually severe.

Apr 18, 2024