Starting a sports/music podcast

Started by Big Mitch, Feb 5, 2018, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

Feb 5, 2018
    Sup dudes,

Me and my roommates are talking about creating a weekly podcast centered around sports and music (mainly sports/basketball). It'd be similar to the kind of content you're hearing from a company like Barstool, but hopefully for the hardcore sports fan rather than the casual college kid or fan, which seems like the audience they're attracting. There'd be funny and memey s---, combined with a more in depth look at stats or the x's and o's side of things. Combine that with music, which seems to be forever intertwined with sports, and I think there's something unique brewing here. I'm not necessarily trying to get famous or anything with this either, it's essentially just a resume builder for myself and something for all of us to do.

I guess what I'm wondering from you all is if you'd be interested in hearing something like this? It'd just be a weekly thing. I just wanna see if you guys would actually consider listening to it. Do you guys even listen to podcasts? Which ones? What would you recommend?

Boos and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Boos and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Heisenberg

Feb 8, 2018
    Podcasts have becoming my main source of entertainment while driving now. I would check out your first episode. What I'd recommend if you guys truly are trying to be successful. Is that you dedicate time and money into getting the right equipment immediately. Don't make the mistake of going with cheap equipment such as mics to start with because you dont know where it's going to end up. Lots of podcasts fail that way. The first episode is crucial so don't have bad first impressions. Practice your episodes before recording it. You don't want to just wing it. Listeners can tell the difference from a well prepared show to one in which the hosts are trying to get by with improv material. That'd be my main advice for you and good luck.

DKC, Loyalty, Big Mitch and 1 other person like this.
    DKC, Loyalty, Big Mitch and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Mar 1, 2018
    I'd consider listening to this for sure. Any updates on this @Big Mitch?

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Big Mitch

Mar 1, 2018
    Yessir. We’ve actually recorded a few things already, but plan on doing a few “trial” runs before we publish anything. It sounded really good tho. We have nice Yeti microphones so it’s pretty d--- close to studio quality. Plan on maybe releasing the 1st one next weekend. I’ll def let you knowZ

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Heisenberg

Mar 12, 2018
    Where is this podcast?

Big Mitch and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Big Mitch and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Big Mitch

Mar 13, 2018
    Tag me or reply if you want me to respond quicker, glad I was bored and found this lol.. but we have recorded some stuff already we are just waiting for a few more things to happen. (NFL free agency is over, basketball playoffs approaching, March madness, baseball szn, etc.) We are taking it pretty serious now and hope to have it uploaded consistently, at least on Soundcloud, bi-weekly. Spring Break kinda f----- everything up, but it’s still happening!

Heisenberg likes this.
    Heisenberg likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. Heisenberg

Mar 15, 2018
    Mention me this is up and where to listen

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. pop

pop

Mar 21, 2018