Starting my career tomorrow...

Started by Fire Squad, Sep 5, 2016, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Sep 5, 2016
    Few weeks ago my internship boldly decided to believe in me and offer me the job as a therapist/counselor, it honestly hasn't sunk in yet but the life I've always wanted is right around the corner. Seems like just yesterday me and my folks were still living in a basement in the Bronx waiting for the day my Dad's laborious job would one day get us out of there, it's been one h--- of an adventure.

I'm really not sure if the tone of this is either humble or boisterous but I've always said if you are willing to go through h--- to make your dreams turn into reality anything is absolutely possible. Effort and talent is one thing, it's another to have people believe in you and open new doors for you so do keep in mind to always remember that it's never a bad thing to reach out and build relationships.

Being grateful is something we often overlook, 3 years ago me and my best buddy signed up for this internship and who would have thought it'd end up being the place I'm about to work at now that I'm half-way done with Grad School. I went to go visit him today, it's just not the same saying thanks to a tombstone and a pile of flowers than it is with an actual person so keep that in mind as well it's nice to hear "thanks" even if it's for something little.

Sorry for the long post, there's a lot that's been on my mind and I'm not sure if I'm either excited or nervous or I guess both. It does feel good knowing a place like this exists where I can share this and maybe it might mean something to one of you, with that said wish me luck guys!

Mike Tyson, Kold, Nav Bhatia and 22 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Sep 5, 2016
    Congratulations ang good luck with it fam!

Apr 25, 2024
  3. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Sep 5, 2016
    That's why I'm focused heavy on my dreams right now, because I know when I will work hard for it I will eventually get it and fulfill my dreams. There is no way around it.

aquaberryares, Alpha, reD10S and 8 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 5, 2016
    Congratulations man! I'm sorry to hear about your friend but you're doing exactly what he'd want you to be doing right now. You're right to be proud.

Apr 25, 2024
  5. LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO

LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO humans are just recycled star dust

Sep 5, 2016
    Genuinely proud of you man. Everybody sets goals and has dreams in life but for one reason or another whether lack of motivation or something outside of their control very few see them come to fruition. The journeys not over yet but I'm more than confident you'll take this opportunity and run far with it. Congratulations

aquaberryares, Deadpool, DKC and 4 others like this.
    aquaberryares, Deadpool, DKC and 4 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO

LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO humans are just recycled star dust

Sep 5, 2016
    This is true. its great to stay humble but every once In a while give yourself credit. You've interned there for 3 years they're obviously not just handing out jobs to anybody you proved yourself with effort and talent and that's why they took the chance on you.

Apr 25, 2024
  7. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Sep 6, 2016
    Broke Homie Fire Squad moving up in the world! :wiggins:

So happy for you man. Good luck and here's to a long and successful career!

Apr 25, 2024
  8. Chad Warden

Chad Warden As Ballin As Possible

Sep 6, 2016
    Not much else Chad can say that hadn't already been said. Proud of you for being a man. Setting goals and achieving them, that's what it's all about.

Apr 25, 2024
  9. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Sep 6, 2016
    I love this congrats bro

Apr 25, 2024
  10. aquaberryares

aquaberryares one time I made sex

Sep 27, 2016
    Wow im just seeing this thread. Im gettin choked up bro @Fire Squad
    Im genuinely happy for you. There is nothing quite as satisfying as having a vision for your life and working hard to achieve it. Theres just such a joy in sticking to something which at times may even seem futile. All that hard work which is more often than not more discouraging than it is anything else.
    And then you get to a point like this that completely humbles you and makes you look back to where you came from. Makes you look back at all to the hard work that forced yourself to put in. Those moments that make it all worth it. Theres nothing like it. Wish you nothing but success on your career man. And i guess its been a couple weeks since you posted this, hows everything been going man?

Apr 25, 2024
  11. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Sep 27, 2016
    Means a lot seeing this brother thank you! Life has a crazy way of working, you really do get what you put in. I do hope things are going great if not better on your side.

It's such an honorable career, life experiences as I wouldn't have expected it prepared me for this job. It's beyond satisfying being able to listen,counsel and intervene the youth that I can't help but reminisce on myself and other people I knew. Aside from having something to look forward to I'm just happy I don't have to do those tedious jobs anymore. All in all, life really couldn't be any better!

Apr 25, 2024
  12. aquaberryares

Sep 27, 2016
    Glad to hear it! Its always a sincerely good feeling hearing these types of stories for me. Especially from another young dude such as urself. Glad you found your calling too, seems like a satisfying career. (My lil sis just went off to college this past semester to study psychology, so im happy and optimistic for her too)
    And thanks i really cant complain myself. Im currently looking to into bigger and better things, hopefully starting my own business in the coming year. But sometimes I look back and have to just sit back and appreciate the things ive done as well. Im really in a comfy seat right now that just 4 or 5 years ago seemed unattainable. Heres to continued success bro

Fire Squad and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Fire Squad and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  13. Nav Bhatia

Nav Bhatia Bitch, be humble

Sep 27, 2016
    Wow fam just saw this. Hard work definitely pays off bro. Congrats. Doing work that you enjoy while making the world a better place is a dream for most. You made it @Fire Squad. JCN made it. :mjcry:

Apr 25, 2024
  14. aquaberryares

Sep 27, 2016
    Almost as feel-good as when cruz banned jack ball for comparing coles runaway to kanyes

Apr 25, 2024
  15. Nav Bhatia

Nav Bhatia Bitch, be humble

Sep 27, 2016
    :laff: :laff: classic moment fam

Apr 25, 2024
  16. Kold

Sep 27, 2016
    @Fire Squad always been a GOAT. Congrats man. Glad you're living your dreams. If you're as smart and knowledgeable as your posts then I know you'll do great things. :daps:

Apr 25, 2024