Eminem TDOSS and Slim Shady interview proves Em could still do a full blown Slim ?

Started by Hip Hop Gawd, Aug 4, 2024, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Hip Hop Gawd

Aug 4, 2024
    Wow. I always wondered if Eminem could still do the old Slim Shady voice. In TDOSS, it felt like Em kinda teased us and that was the closest Slim voice and persona we have gotten in years. But after seeing the Slim Shady vs Em interview, I was blown away cuz that was exactly how Slim should sound today. It was almost spooky.

And if they used AI for videos, Eminem really could bring back a full blown Slim that could piss the world off like in 2000. Sure, people would say he's too old and played out, but man if he really wanted to diss everyone with that voice, he could still make everyone cry. Do you think he has been holding back because he doesn't like all the push-back and the pressure? Maybe he just felt like it was too much. So you hear a lot of Reeve and Jenner jokes on the album. But I feel like Slim is still there. If push came to shove, we would be able to hear a full blown Slim. I think he's proven that he still has it in him.

But this also makes you wonder. If Slim is just a character, then was Eminem just acting back in the day? We always thought that was him. Was he just playing a character that pissed the world off? A lot of us really believed in that character when we were young and looked up to him. Or.. maybe Slim is real and Em has multiple personality disorder..

But then you also saw the real Marshall in the interview. And he is like the opposite. That is the real him. But it's like he has a split personality. I forgot at times that this was the same guy. It was spooky. But was it always this way?

But I understand if Slim has to be tamed a little. A full blown Slim would just be too damaging. But this proves that Em could at least do another Eminem show type album and still have some wicked, natural flows and sorta blend the 2 like in Houdini.

0 0
    Sep 14, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 4, 2024
    [​IMG]

asvdawg likes this.
    asvdawg likes this.
    Sep 14, 2024
  3. Minato

Aug 4, 2024
    Well he is the same person, and inflecting his vocals is his career. So I knew he could always do it. But he said he used OpenAI for the 99’ version of slim on the album. The other vocals were just him layering and mixing to sound like his Recovery and beyond voice

Modli2 likes this.
    Modli2 likes this.
    Sep 14, 2024