0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yeez

Yeez Yeez 5.0

Aug 2, 2024
    DISCLAIMER: As expected from a Yeez thread, this is very VERY long.
    (I was originally gonna post this thread in the days preceding TDOSS' release but I...kinda forgot. Also this is kinda a sequel to a similar thread I made about Drake a few months ago:

https://forum.sectioneighty.com/the-many-beefs-of-drake.t359873 )
    [​IMG]
    The forum's userbase is like 90% Em posters at this point so Eminem needs no introduction. This thread's main purpose is to document all of Em's MAJOR beefs (this means that small disses like the ones on Kamikaze or his disputes with people Michael Jackson won't be covered). This also means that this thread won't cover beefs that primarily involve D12 like the Royce or Fuzz Scoota feuds. With that being said, here are the many beefs of Eminem.
    ROUND 1: Eminem vs Insane Clown Posse (1997-2005)
    [​IMG]

The first major beef that Eminem would find himself in would be against Detroit rap duo, Insane Clown Posse. The beef started as a result of a flyer for a listening party for Em's "The Slim Shady EP". The flier claimed that ICP would "maybe" appear as a special guest at the event. The flyer caused an argument between Violent J (seen on the left) and Em. Em proceeded to diss ICP on the track "Til h--- Freezes Over" with the line:
    "The whole place fainted, I woke up with my face painted
    Spaced out like Sci-Fi TV, "f--- ICP, buy my CD!" (Yeah)"

ICP would respond on a few tracks, the most notable being "Slim Anus". Arguably the most famous disses were on the MMLP, with the second verse of "Marshall Mathers" and the Ken Kaniff skit being fully focused on the group. The beef would be squashed in 2005 with help from Em's D12 groupmate Proof.
    ROUND 2: Eminem vs Pop Stars (1997 - Ongoing)
    [​IMG]
    It's no secret that a lot of Em's attacks have centered around pop stars and "poppy" rappers. Most of these beefs never really went anywhere so they're all grouped together here. These beefs include but are not limited to: Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Will Smith, Iggy Azalea, Moby, Ricky Martin, boy bands, and many more.
    ROUND 3: Eminem vs Aristotle (1999-????)
    [​IMG]
    Em's beef with Detroit rapper Aristotle is especially interesting as it involves the "Ken Kaniff" character. Aristotle played the Ken character on the SSLP with Em providing the voice from 2000 to the present day. The beef stems from a disagreement that arose due to Aristotle not wanting the original skit to be placed on the SSLP. Although Em never directly dissed him, Aristotle released a full album dissing Em as the character, "The Ken Kaniff Show":

ROUND 4: Eminem vs Everlast (1999 - 200?)
    [​IMG]
    The first Em beef that would actually have a decent amount of diss records involved would be his dispute with former House of Pain member Everlast. The dispute started due to Eminem apparently "disrespecting" Everlast before a concert in 1999. Everlast would throw the first disses on the track "Ear Drums Pop (Remix" saying the following:
    "c--- my hammer, spit a Comet like Haley
    I'll buck a three-eighty on ones that act Shady"

Em would respond on the track "I Remember" . The beef would truly erupt over Everlast's track "Whitey's Revenge", specifically these lines:
    "And you can't keep your woman from goin' astray
    Better run and check your kid for your DNA"

Em would respond on the D12 assisted diss track "Quitter" which directly makes fun of Everlast's health issues and repeatedly makes mention of Everlast's age (Everlast is only 3 years older). The beef would simmer down and was apparently squashed at some point in the 2000's with Everlast speaking positively of Em in the years since.
    ROUND 5: Eminem vs Limp Bizkit (2000 - 2001)
    [​IMG]
    (Horrible Quality I Know)

Originally friends, the beef between Em and the rap rock group Limp Bizkit would start as a direct result of the Everlast feud. According to Em, LB members Fred Durst and DJ Lethal were set to appear on "Quitter". When asked about who would win in a fist fight between Em and Everlast, DJ Lethal said the following: "I think personally Eminem is a good rapper, he’s a better MC but I think in a fight, Everlast would whip his a---". Em would later write the diss track "Girls" about the group, which would later be included as a hidden track on D12's debut studio album "Devil's Night".
    ROUND 6: Eminem vs Canibus (2000 - Ongoing)
    [​IMG]

Out of all of his feuds, Canibus is by far the most lyrically gifted opponent that Em has ever faced. Before the feud started, Em and Canibus were on pretty good terms, with there being rumors of a track called "Battlecatz" being recorded during the MMLP sessions (although never officially confirmed). The dispute would start over Canibus' suspicion that Em ghostwrote the LL Cool J diss track "The Ripper Strikes Back" that took aim at him. Canibus would diss Em on a few tracks from his albums "2000 B.C" and "C! True Hollywood Stories". Em would respond on a few tracks on TES notably "Square Dance" and "Say What You Say". The feud would continue, with Em accusing Canibus of being canadian. Arguably the most direct diss on Em's side would be the track "Can I b----", a track that tells a Slick Rick inspired story about Em and Dre going to Canada to confront him. The last meaningful event in this beef would be the 2009 track "Air Strike (Pop Killer)" which had Canibus trick D12 members Kuniva, Swift and Bizarre to appear on a track where he disses Em and deceased D12 member Proof:
    "You pushed D-12 to the side to sign Voltron 5
    If Proof was alive he'd be dyin' inside"

The beef is still currently unresolved
    ROUND 7: Eminem vs Ja Rule (2003 - Ongoing)
    [​IMG]

The beef between Em and Ja Rule would spark as a result of 50 Cent signing to Shady Records. As Em later revealed on "Like Toy Soldiers" and his Conway the Machine collaboration "b---", he and Dr. Dre attempted to squash the beef between Ja and 50. Despite this attempt, tensions grew and Ja would directly diss Em on the freestyle "Loose Change":
    "Em, you claim your mother's a crackhead
    And Kim is a known slut
    So what's Hailie gon' be when she grows up?'

This bar made Em and the rest of the Shady records roster to directly diss Ja and his label Murder Inc. This dispute eventually grew to involve some of the biggest names in Hip-Hop including DMX and Busta Rhymes. The most notable disses on the Shady records side would be "Doe Rae Me" with D12 and Obie Trice (also known as "Hailie's Revenge"), "Bump Heads" with G-Unit. "Hail Mary 2003" with 50 Cent and Busta Rhymes and "Go To Sleep" with Obie and DMX. Although Em definitely went hard at Ja, it's almost unanimously decided that 50's repeated and continued disses towards Ja eventually lead to his career downfall, with him now being the punchline of Dave Chappelle jokes, co founder of the Fyre festival scam and doing this:

ROUND 8: Eminem vs Benzino (2001 - Ongoing)
    [​IMG]

Arguably his longest lasting beef, Em's dispute with the former head of The Source magazine Benzino arguably show Em at his most vicious. The beef started as a result of The Source underscoring the MMLP, with Em throwing shots at the magazine on his track "Say What You Say". In 2003, Benzino would make the beef personal with the track "Pull Ya Skirt Up":
    "The state of hip hop, will continue to be f----- up
    You playin by a different set of rules you got me f----- up
    Respect the hood Marshall, or the hood'll take you out"

Em would respond various times on the DJ Green Lantern mixtape "Shady News" most notably on "The Sauce" and especially "Nail In The Coffin" which includes the following takedown:
    "Slap my mom! Slap the f--- out of her
    She can't sue you, she wouldn't get a buck out of ya
    'Cause you're broke as f---, you s---, you're a f---in' joke"

Benzino would retaliate by releasing a CD known as the "Racist Tape". The CD included the song "Foolish Pride" which features Em calling black women "b------s" and an additional track that supposedly has Em saying the N word. Em would later apologize for the first track, and claimed that the second was a complete fabrication. The feud would eventually lead to Em becoming affiliated with rival magazine XXL, and Benzino's eventual departure from The Source. After years of disses from Benzino in interviews, Em would diss him again on the 2024 track "Doomsday Pt. 2" which eventually caused Benzino to drunkenly cry about Em on Drink Champs

ROUND 9: Eminem vs Mariah Carey (2001 - Ongoing)
    [​IMG]

Arguably Em's most well-known beef outside of Hip-Hop, pop star Mariah Carey would become a target of Em's as a result of a supposed relationship the two had circa 2002 (There's rumors that Mariah was the original feature on the TES track "Superman") Em would later diss her on "Superman" with the following:
    "What you tryin' to be? My new wife?
    What you Mariah?, fly through twice"

Mariah would address this supposed relationship on her track "Clown", and Em would later play alleged voicemails from her during a concert. The beef would truly escalate in 2009 with the track "Bagpipes From Baghdad" in which Em directly disses Mariah and her then husband Nick Cannon (whom we will discuss later).
    "I ain't playin' no f---in' more
    Nick Cannon, you prick, I wish you luck with the f---in' whor-"

Mariah would respond with the hit song "Obsessed" and would later dress up as Em for the music video.
    [​IMG]
    Em would respond on the track "The Warning" in which he mentioned a supposed moment of premature ejaculation between them and includes sound clips that are allegedly from a early 2000's studio session. Mariah has not responded.
    ROUND 10: Eminem vs Joe Budden (2017 - Resolved?)
    [​IMG]

Em's beef with Joe Budden started as a result of issues surrounding Shady Records. In 2012, rap supergroup Slaughterhouse would sign to Shady. Their major label debut "Welcome To: Our House" would release later that year, to mixed reviews. Many fans felt that the record's more pop-oriented sound was due to Eminem's involvement (sidenote: The history about the group's unreleased "Glass House" album is a story that could fill up an entire thread by itself, so I'm not covering it in this one.) Years later, tensions would rise as a result of Joe's comments on Em's 2017 album "Revival". Em would respond on his 2018 album "Kamikaze", with the most notable response being on "Fall":
    "Somebody tell Budden before I snap, he better fasten it
    Or have his body bag get zipped
    The closest thing he's had to hits is smacking b------s"

Joe would respond on his podcast in the days following

In the years since, there's been some small disses on Em's part but for the most part it seems the fiery part of the beef has simmered down, with Joe siding with Em on a lot topics since.
    ROUND 11: Eminem vs Lord Jamar (201? - Ongoing)
    [​IMG]

Em's beef with Brand Nubian member Lord Jamar stems due to Jamar's outspoken views on white rappers. In a 2013 interview with DJ Vlad, Jamar would claim that all white rappers are "guests in the house of hip-hop". Years later, Em would respond on the track "Fall"
    "And far as Lord Jamar, you better leave me the h--- alone
    Or I'll show you an Elvis clone
    Walk up in this house you own
    Thrust my pelvic bone
    Use your telephone, then go fetch me the remote
    Put my feet up and just make myself at home"

After Jamar continued his comments, Em once again dissed Jamar on his 2020 MTBMB album. Em later tweeted a statement that many people felt was directed at Jamar
    https://x.com/Eminem/status/1166802669320773633
    Em would later agree with the "house of hip-hop" statement during an interview with KXNG CROOKED, but claimed that his issue with Jamar was his attitude. The beef was seemingly squashed briefly as a result of Jamar allying himself with Royce after DJ Vlad said some comments that disrespected the Farrakhan, although Jamar later spoke out against Em due to his feature on Ez Mil's "Realest."
    ROUND 12: Eminem vs Machine Gun Kelly (2012 - Ongoing)
    [​IMG]

Em's beef with Machine Gun Kelly has a variety of different starting points depending on who you ask. MGK believes that his comments about Em's then-underage daughter are what sparked the beef.
    [​IMG]
    MGK later claimed that this tweet got his music banned from Eminem's radio station Shade 45. In contrast, Eminem says that he first became aware of MGK's existence as a result of his collaboration with Tech N9ne "No Reason" in which he throws subliminal shots at Em. Em would respond on the track "Not Alike". MGK would respond on the track "Rap Devil" which went decently viral on social media. EM would respond on "Killshot" which effectively ended the beef. Both artists have continued to throw smaller shots at each other over the years, but considering MGK's move to pop punk, it's likely that there won't be any major diss records in the future.
    ROUND 13: Eminem vs Nick Cannon (2009 - 2020)
    [​IMG]

In arguably one of the most one-sided beefs in Hip-Hop history, Eminem was involved in a decade long dispute with Wild N Out star Nick Cannon. The beef started as a result of Em's beef with Cannon's ex wife Mariah Carey, which caused Cannon to drop his diss track "I'm A Slick Rick" (no one really cared). Years later, Em would reignite the beef on Fat Joe & Dre's 2019 track "Lord Above" This cause Cannon to respond with three diss tracks: "The Invitation" (that strangely featured an outro from Suge Knight), "Pray For Him" and "The Invitation: Canceled" in which he disses Em due to him raising children that aren't his and the aforementioned Racist Tape. Em's only response would be the following
    https://x.com/Eminem/status/1204224135276224513
    https://x.com/Eminem/status/1204217116221755394
    According to a CROOKED tweet from 2020, the beef has been resolved behind the scenes
    ROUND 14: Eminem vs the United States Government (1972 - Ongoing)
    [​IMG]

Outside of the music world, Eminem's biggest beef would definitely have to be with the US Government. Em's first major confrontation with the government would come as a result of a leaked version of the track "We As Americans" which contained the lyrics:
    "f--- money! I don't rap for dead presidents
    I'd rather see the President Dead"

This would lead to Em being questioned by the Secret Service. In 2017, Em would do a BET Freestyle where he takes aim at then president Donald Trump. A reference to Trump's daughter Ivanka on the track "Framed' would later lead to the Secret Service questioning Em a second time.
    ROUND 15: Eminem vs Melle Mel (2023- Ongoing)
    [​IMG]

Em's most recent beef as of the writing of this thread has him pitted against Hip-Hop legend Melle Mel. In a 2023 Interview Melle claimed that the main reason for Em's status is due to him being white. Em would respond on his collaboration with Ez Mil "Realest" with the following:
    "Shout to the Furious Five and Grandmaster Flash but boy (what up though?)
    There's someone who really is furious stay out his path his wrath avoid
    And I'll be the last to toy with a juice head whose brain is like half destroyed
    Like a meteor hit it well there went Melle Mel we lost his a--- to 'roids (d---)
    God was like, "I got him, " but I'm gonna start him
    At the bottom of the barrel brought him in the world"

Melle would respond with the track "Kickback" which was panned so heavily that he apologized for the track. Em would later address the incident on the track "Tobey" but it's likely that the feud won't go further.
    HONORABLE MENTIONS:
    I didn't go over Em's disses towards people in his personal life like his mother and Kim, because i feel that they don't really fit the the theme of the thread. Some other omissions include his short lived beef with Snoop Dogg and the smaller beefs during the Kamikaze era like Die Antwoord. I really wanted to include The Game in this thread, but due to the fact that the Hip-Hop community basically forgot that "The Black Slim Shady" existed, it would've just made a very long thread even longer. I thought about including Slim Shady but that discussion could be an entire thread all by itself. Also, Christopher Reeve never responded (aside from the third verse on "Medicine Ball") so he was excluded sadly.
    CONCLUSION:
    [​IMG]
    A lot of Em's beefs are expectedly one-sided for the most part. Aside from Canibus and Everlast, the majority of the opponents Em had were either relatively mediocre rappers, pop stars or Hip-Hop legends doing interviews. Despite this, I'd say that the majority of Em's diss tracks are pretty d--- good (especially the 2002-2003 era). There's really no way of telling how many feuds Em will become involved in, but they'll likely give even more entertainment to his fans.

BIGFOOT, Chuny and Michael Myers like this.
    BIGFOOT, Chuny and Michael Myers like this.
    Sep 14, 2024
  2. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Aug 2, 2024
    Classic thread brother

Tag emsxn my man

0 0
    Sep 14, 2024