UK POLICE POSED AS HIP HOP RECORD STORE IN UNDERCOVER STING OPERATION

Started by Detroit24, Nov 22, 2022, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Detroit24

Nov 22, 2022
    A new investigation has uncovered that Boombox, a former Hip Hop record store in North London, was actually operated by undercover cops as part of a sting operation. Befriending local musical talent which were involved organized crime

Dubbed “Operation Peyzac,” the half-a-million-pound sting — which was revealed in a detailed report by Vice on Monday (November 21) — was in an effort to control guns and violence in the area – and Metro Police wired the recording studio in the back with CCTV to do so.

According to a 2016 Daily Mail report, the operation put 40 alleged “armed criminals”, rappers and d--- dealers behind bars for a cumulative total of 400 years. Vice reports the majority were Black and between the ages of 16 and 41.

“The undercover officers sought to portray themselves as having unspecified criminal links in order to infiltrate relevant persons to gather evidence on their levels of criminality,” Abbas Nawrozzadeh, a senior consultant solicitor at Eldwick Law, told Vice: “This was one of the largest undercover operations in London in recent years.”

Nawrozzadeh served as the defense lawyer for a 19-year-old Black man arrested in the sting, and noted how his client looked up to the undercover officers and thought they were going to help him.

“Our client, like many of the other defendants, looked up to the undercover officers as ‘olders,'” Nawrozzadeh said, “experienced and credentialed, including with regard to criminal ties, music producers who were able to make them famous.”

Former Merseyside Police Detective Superintendent Richard Carr was also interviewed for the piece, and said that while undercover work is still helpful, it needs to be done ethically.

“I think that undercover policing has got a vital part to play in policing,” Carr said. But it’s got to be done ethically and proportionally. You’ve got to play by the rules. It all needs to be authorized. Some of these may be innocent people who have been entrapped. And I don’t know whether that’s the case [here], but what it doesn’t mean is that undercover policing is ineffective.”

Mar 28, 2024
  2. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Nov 23, 2022
    Blud these boydems are bare buki

Mar 28, 2024
  3. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Nov 23, 2022
    Wow. Can’t trust anybody anymore, not even my local record store. SMH!

Ordinary Joel, Detroit24 and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Pandemic

Nov 23, 2022
    I wonder if average civilians bought anything from there and what was done with the money received

Mar 28, 2024
  5. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 23, 2022
    We have undercover feds in here too, trust me

Mar 28, 2024
  6. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Nov 23, 2022
    What's up fellow young adult! Life f---s me up at the moment and I might need something to relax. Preferably something illegal, because I like illegal things haha. You seem like a chill party boy, can you maybe help a fellow homeboy youngster out?

Ordinary Joel, Yeez and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Yeez and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 23, 2022
    Oh no, not you, you the popo?

Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Mar 28, 2024