Viper - You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack Track By Track Review

Started by 83837477, Aug 13, 2016, in Music Add to Reading List

1. 83837477

83837477 Test Account

Aug 13, 2016
    This cover art appears dumb but is interestingly instead a representation of the views from society on g--- unity. The government wants the gangs to keep fighting so that they don’t join forces and start a revolution, Viper is dipping his feet in Conflict Theory which was theorised by the writer of The Communist Manifesto otherwise known as Karl Marx. Viper is sporting a blue and red hat with a dumb high glare in a truly s-----y photo. The blue and red symbolise crips and bloods while the lack of effort reflects the governments lack of effort and how they see g--- members… dumb. (Viper did the bad cover art long before Kanye.)

[​IMG]

Don’t discredit Viper. Yes he is partly a meme because of ironic 4channers but he has been associated with some legends…. including DJ Screw. The most famous person of his pioneered Houston originated genre. Screw influenced everyone from E-40 to A$ap Rocky to Bryson Tiller to Juicy J to Justin Bieber to p---- C to Drake. Viper was a member of 5-9 Piru (a sub group of the Bloods) and has been to jail. (Where he wrote 300 songs) outside of that he has wrote thousands of songs and sold drugs. He still occasionally does drugs when his not pumping out music videos doing shows or selling houses. He produces all his music and directs his own videos as well as having a naturally amazing vocal delivery (although he sometimes plays with autotune.)

Now let's review dis s---

You’ll Cowards Don’t Even Smoke Crack - 10

An amazing retro gaming inspired heavenly beat that accompanies Vipers static laid back vocals perfectly. A catchy hook and a powerful smoke track, this is as classic as it gets and one of the reasons Viper is so deservingly noticed now.

I Sell Dope Boy - 10

My favourite Viper track to date is I Sell Dope Boy, it has the best Viper hook I’ve ever heard and has some truely gritty narcotic bars that are as gangster as they are depressing. Viper has a lean infused exhausted type delivery that contrasts the chilled street beat.

That There’s a Stash Spot - 6

Although this song is very relaxing, the mastering is agitating and the song is forgettable. It definitely has potential because the hook is good but the instrumental has some faults and it should’ve been more worked on post production.

I Ball For Gunshots - 8

In a return to form Viper spits some real s--- and seems to be referencing to some true events that happened in his streets, the vibe is nostalgic and his tone is monotone and eerily relaxed. He sounds tired and knowledgeable of the street life. The song seems to say that he is working so hard but in the end all his efforts lead him back to the ignorant cycle of g--- culture. This is as conscious and though provoking as it gets.

I’m That S-West Blood - 7

This is kind of a filler track that continues the concept of g--- life. The hook is glorious though and some of the lyrics are pretty memorable.

This Is How I Ball - 7
    It’s interesting because this track feels a lot more low then all the songs not because it stands out as being sad but because the beat sounds like something you’d listen to as the sun goes down. It feels like a self reflective night time sleepy track. The hook is noticeably no where near as good as the others but the verses are tight.

Merciless - 4

This track is also mastered badly with one millisecond of each bar being noticeably louder than the others which is extremely agitating. It’s a definite skip.

I Like The Way - 7

This song is dope and has a much more interesting instrumental than the other songs, Viper is hard to understand over it but for a vibe focused track this song definitely obtains that goal.

I’m Rich Already 4 Life (Too Late To Hate) - 9

Oddly enough Vipers delivery in this reminds me of Meechy Darko, he is very aggressive in this track even going as far as saying “fa----s” and making various threats of violence while swearing and showing frustration to everything.

Parlayin - 5

In a hazy ambitious style Viper creates a song that would scare the f--- out of an acid user. This s--- is a vocal seizure. I skip it normally but it accomplishes it’s goal.

You Actin’ Like a b---- a--- n----- - 8

Viper gives no f---s on this heavy track dedicated to cowards, the hook is very interesting and is a showcase of Vipers outsider dark horse ability to craft intriguing ignored classics.

Parlayin - 8

The second Parlayin is opposite to its predecessor and is one of the better songs on the tape, it’s soothing and filled with street misadventures.

I’m a Real G - 9

Viper is again aggressive on this track which leads to one of the best tracks. Viper takes shots at the rap game and random cowards. The hook is catchy and the mastering may be sub par but it is bearable. Viper again says “fa----s” holding no punches. Lots of murder references.

I’m Gone Sting - 9

Slow heavy and very lean like, that is the best way to describe this dreamy masterpiece that threatens modern day cloud artists songs. This song makes you want to get high or sleep.

That Baller Out Your Best Side - 8

Viper ends this 55 minute tape with a 5 minute sleep deprived choked vocal classic that gives you the feeling of riding through the housing areas of Houston at nighttime while sipping. The beat is slow and sums up all of the past tracks while stating the the journey is not over and declares everything is Alright. (Long before Kendrick) It is a perfect ending and this is a very underrated mixtape from the great Viper.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Kodak Crack

Kodak Crack Jahseh D. Onfroy

Aug 13, 2016
    U must be mad bored rn

83837477 likes this.
    83837477 likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024