What do you do?

Started by jewtheiii, Dec 22, 2014, in Life Add to Reading List

1. jewtheiii

Dec 22, 2014
    Scenario #1

You have headphones on. You are walking on a sidewalk in a well known pedestrian shopping area. There is a parking garage with a light but the sidewalk itself does not have one. You continue walking oblivious to the green light for the driver. A car beeps, you can hear it over the music. You ignore it and keep walking. The driver starts to yelling at you. It is loud enough to hear he is angry but not loud enough to distinguish what he is saying. You ignore him and flip him the bird. He starts screaming furiously at you. You keep walking and flip him the bird again. You see him to the right of your peripheral, he is slowing down at the light and makes a left into another drive away ahead of you. You keep walking. You think maybe I'll have an issue but not very likely. You are in front of a grocery store. A man is in your face threatening to beat you up. He's screaming at you that he mustn't be ignored and you can't flip people off. He is yelling you'll likely get shot if you flip someone off. He never touches you.

What is your next response?
    Is someone wrong in this situation?
    Is someone right in this situation?
    Does pedestrian have a right of way on a sidewalk without a light despite the driver having a green light?
    If someone verbally curses at you does it give you right of way to physically harm them?
    If someone disrespects you verbally does it give you right of way to s---t them?

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Narsh

Dec 22, 2014
    Is someone wrong in this situation?
    Yeah, you for ignoring the guy following his green light/proceeding to flip him off
    Is someone right in this situation?
    Even though you're wrong, he ISN'T right - simply because a sane person doesn't get that worked up over trivial s---.
    Does pedestrian have a right of way on a sidewalk without a light despite the driver having a green light?
    Pedestrians basically always have the right of way in this country…but that doesn't mean you need to be a douche about it or can't be aware of your surroundings. I have headphones on 24/7, plus im usually high as s---, but that just makes me pay more attention so as not to..you know..almost get hit by someone coming out of a parking garage or something.
    If someone verbally curses at you does it give you right of way to physically harm them?
    Nope. It does give you the right to show him all the fancy curse words you know yourself
    If someone disrespects you verbally does it give you right of way to s---t them?
    yes, definitely

edit: oh and my next response would be to tell him to
    1) calm the f--- down
    2) apologize for cutting him off
    3) tell him to f--- off

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. jewtheiii

Dec 22, 2014
    Narsh, where are you from? What's your background? Did you grow up in the states? Do you come from poverty, middle class, rich? Where do you currently live?

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Narsh

Dec 22, 2014
    loll ummm I've lived in new york, new hampshire, new jersey, and currently live in boston, ma. i grew up in the states (since i was 5). middle class.

hope that helps whatever it is ur up to here lmao

:khaled:

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Dec 22, 2014
    I shout gibberish at him in us faux Russian accent until he leaves me alone or we fight.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024