Help Which is the best rap tutorial for a wannabe rapper?

Started by Nirket, Feb 28, 2019, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. Nirket

Feb 28, 2019
    Hi Gentlemen, I've been struggling so much in the writing process of a rap song, not because of rhymes, they're the easiest part. I consider myself a perfectionist and I want to put my best efforts when i'm creating a song. The problems that i'm dealing with are like creating "a good and catchy hook" or just rapping with a "catchy flow". Since this is a problem that i'm trying to fix I just look up to the greatest and I study their style. I realized that they don't create a hook/flow following the same melody and rhythm of the instrumental (Some cases are special, like Busta Rhymes ft Eminem I'll Hurt You). They create a new melody which works in harmony with the beat. A Noob like me the only thing that would do, would be saying words using the same melody of the beat. But a PRO would create a new one.

Example 1 [Slow Flow/ Singing]:

I admire how this guy was able to bring new "flow patterns or melody patterns" for saying his words and being catchy at the same time. Swae Lee, Travis Scott, etc are great doing this too.

Example 2 [A Mix of singing and rapping]

f---ing best verse of the song, he killed it, I consider this a genius creating those vibes!

Example 3 [THIS IS STUCK IN MY HEAD]

The flow is almost the same in the whole song (The same until the hook arrives) but it is so great that i have it stuck in my head.

I guess the examples weren't needed, but f--- it, now you understood me. Now you know the level of creating/writing that i'd like to achieve at the moment of creating a catchy melody pattern or catchy flow.

Practically what i'm asking is, how do they come up with those ideas man ?. The only thing that I do at the moment of creating a song is the SCAT (QUOTE FROM WIKI: is vocal improvisation with wordless vocables, nonsense syllables or without words at all. In scat singing, the singer improvises melodies and rhythms using the voice as an instrument rather than a speaking medium)
    But i still bringing monotone and boring melodies lol.

Well, this is all i had to say, are you a rapper/singer ? how do you create flows and hooks?

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. SIck6

SIck6 District6

Mar 4, 2019

i'm not even joking with this one. Rap is all about breathe technique. Start with this one and I promise, you will not only develop a habit of positive thinking. But Ultimately a very unique style of rapping.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024