Young Thug Would Like Your Input on The Jeffery Name Change

Started by nick11, Oct 9, 2017, in Young Thug Add to Reading List

Is his official rap name Jeffery or Young Thug?

1. Young Thug

90.0%
  2. Jeffery

10.0%
  1. nick11

Oct 9, 2017
    I'm still very confused on the whole Jeffery name change thing... Here is what I remember.

1. Lyor Cohen announces Young Thug will be changing his name to "No My Name is Jeffery" I always speculated this was Lyor's idea and not Thug's.
    2. In an interview Thug says "I'm Jeffery for one f---ing week unless the tape JEFFERY does 100k first week (which it didn't)
    3. In an interview he said I don't wanna be Young Thug anymore, I wanna be Jeffery.
    4. You hear him say "Jeffery" instead of Thug on a lot of his newer songs, but then again you still hear him say Thugga on newer songs too. (not just songs that were recorded a while ago, but songs that you can tell are new).
    5. He's even said Thugger in song lyrics like Bryson Tiller's Get Mine "I'm the same Thugger that'll order ten rooms in your town And don't sleep in none them b------s". As well as many more since the supposed name change.
    6. Lastly every song he's on or featured it always says either by or (feat. Young Thug), so this makes me think his name is still Young Thug.
    All of this makes me skeptical if he really wants to be Jeffery, or if Jeffery is used for his more pop/singing records, and Thugga is used for rap. What does everyone else think?

jmillithauglybasedgod likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Oct 9, 2017
    He's Young Thug end of discussion

nick11 and jmillithauglybasedgod like this.
    nick11 and jmillithauglybasedgod like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. jmillithauglybasedgod

jmillithauglybasedgod Pray For Lucifert 2R

Oct 9, 2017
    I have never once called him anything other than Young Thug or Thugger

nick11 likes this.
    nick11 likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. Vahn

Vahn butterfly jewels beauty

Oct 10, 2017
    Bruh his name is Jeffery, he's been calling himself Jeffery on songs his whole life, it's not a name change cause his stage name is still Young Thug. He just uses his real life name too.

Some of you are so dense man.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. Lucy

Lucy #1

Oct 10, 2017
    Bruh his birth name is Young Thug, he's been calling himself Young Thug on songs his whole life, it's not a name change cause his stage name is Jeffrey. He just uses his real life name too.

Some of you are so dense man.

Apr 25, 2024