Eminem WTF Are Rolling Stone on About?

Started by Chaotic Progress, Jan 26, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress NEW EM - APRIL 5th.

Jan 26, 2020
    From their review...

(Which was a not-so-bad star rating of 3/5, I think, purposely done-so to not look so bias on the surface, yet 'the read' feels far more like a 1.5/5. artificially introduced with a little bit of false semi-praise and musical talk, then right into another entry of this era's thought disease)

"In a new lyrical wrinkle, Em steps into the role of political commentator and protest voice, with mixed results. On the grueling, six-minute “Darkness,”

...a NEW lyrical wrinkle @ political commentator and protest voice?

You mean other than what he's been doing since, like, all of his music ever?
    - Who Knew
    - Square Dance
    - Mosh
    - We As Americans
    - Untouchable
    - Nowhere Fast
    - Like Home
    - Trump freestyle

...and many more moments and lyrics sprinkled throughout the course of over 20 years.

I normally don't dismiss reviews or critics on this basis but why is someone who 100%, clearly, I know for a fact - does not or has not listened to Eminem / or is a fan / much / - why are they writing... not really even a review but a smear-piece which is tied to his previous work (as always) when they know f--- all about him?

This is when s--- starts to become illegitimate. Rolling Stone should have higher standards. First of all they used to be one of the biggest Em nut-huggers who'd over-praise some of his more mediocre stuff. Then there was a switch I felt recently, probably firing/hiring during this hyper-PC/moron era and now their narrative is to join in with this anti-Eminem thing, and so they're writing piece to fit that narrative...

I'm not saying every criticism in that review or in general is wrong, I agree with some of the points, but they're angling reviews so much more than the album, it's political ("And what’s with the lazily assholic endorsement of strip club sexual harassment in “Those Kinda Nights,” an icky-horny collaboration with Ed Sheeran? Psychotic mass killers: You get a voice. Women working in strip clubs: Not so much." It's humour. You humourless f---s. He also points out the cowardliness of some 'mass killers' on Unaccomodating. But that doesn't fit your agenda right f--- heads?), it's speaking on his meaning as an artist and big themes which go beyond just analsying 1 album. Clearly, written by a non-Eminem-fan-of-this-era trying to sound fair.

Then the print world wonder why they're dying?
    They'd die anyway because the Internet is too powerful. Its sublime (anarachy) structure-therefore-innate-and-inevitable blossoming is too good for their archaic, limited, monopolised, overly-controlled world to compete with. But, they're not helping their case with s--- like this. You're killing yourselves RS. Self-ether.

It's also immature. As I feel, like Em himself and how he is with outlets or people - once a chip is on the shoulder about a source, then people cannot let go of 'who it is from', so because RS is on this track of anti-Eminem now, it won't change until it changes, but their words are inauthentic because they feel emotional - tied to a narrative you know they will stick to; can you imagine a 5 star (not saying this deserves that but, in general) review from an outlet whom are politically (they think, incorrectly) at odds with Em? Or who he dissed? Wouldn't happen. Children.

(If my worst enemy makes a good point, I'm going to be like 'yo f---, good point' even to their face. But I'm not proclaiming myself a hub of balanced, considered, informed expertise for you to turn to. For money. The gall, of these, or any f---ers, to do that, when you consider that... When they can't even operate outside the scope of 9 year olds. Seriously).

--

This isn't about YOU RS, the idiot who wrote this hyper-left-moron article (it isn't a review) or what you believe, this is supposed to be an analysis of the execution of an intent. Aesthetically.

thunderface likes this.
    thunderface likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 26, 2020
    what is ur issue ? Didn't read just curious

JMilliAMC16 likes this.
    JMilliAMC16 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. thunderface

Jan 26, 2020
    He just told you.

Mar 28, 2024
  4. grizzyp

Jan 26, 2020
    Wtf are you in about? Who gives a f--- about a rolling stone review in 2020. No one reads that s---. All that matters are streams which young adults make up the majority of and no young adult is reason a f---ing rolling stone magazine. They too busy on twitter and Instagram and posting 30 second clips of their life story on Snapchat.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. JEB

JEB

Jan 26, 2020
    i can't even see this s--- lol

Mar 28, 2024
  6. attila

Jan 26, 2020
    They are writing cause they are bloggers, you don’t necessarily have to like Em to blog

JMilliAMC16 likes this.
    JMilliAMC16 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jan 26, 2020
    Is there a reason your font is so faint?

JMilliAMC16, DKC and asvdawg like this.
    JMilliAMC16, DKC and asvdawg like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. OwI

OwI I was riding on a bike on a very late night

Jan 26, 2020
    Eminem stans using day mode
    OF COURSE

DKC and SHUDEYE like this.
    DKC and SHUDEYE like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. dna hits

Jan 26, 2020
    You really mentioned Untouchable? Isn’t that the song where Eminem says black boy black boy and thought it was going to be a huge hit for acting like he knows racism struggles? Then even black bloggers and podcast shows tore the song and album apart. Op another delusional Stan which is why this forum is dying more and more each month. Rolling Stones rated the album way too high tbh. I could see a 2/5. Anything more is way too high.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jan 26, 2020
    You legit made an 8 paragraph encyclopaedia thread because some review site said a sentence you disagree with. Kys.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. TheRealStan

Jan 27, 2020
    BLACK BOY BLACK BOY.

Do i need to say anymore?

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Step Daddy

Jan 27, 2020
    You need to listen to some non-em albums so you can see what an actual good album sounds like.

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Awfullyhotcoffeepot

Jan 27, 2020
    Why am I banned from posting on the MTBMB Thread?

JMilliAMC16 likes this.
    JMilliAMC16 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. SilenceKills

Jan 27, 2020
    @EminemBase is the most obsessed Em fan ever

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024